Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,310 Members 45,498 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Mobile Data keeps turning itself on!

Tip us?

ShAaShAy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Default Mobile Data keeps turning itself on!

Hey, so I already checked the Sensation forum and found nothing of this sort, so I'm just gonna ask.
My Sensation XE keeps turning the mobile data on, all by itself. I've checked my apps and nothing that uses mobile data. And that bad thing is, I keep getting charged for it! I turn it off, and after a while, it turns on automatically. Help me out please?

Kohr-Ah
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2356
Are any accounts set to sync? Like email or Facebook?

Sent from my Sensation in UrQuan subspace

DEVICE: T-MOUS HTC One | ROM: GPE 4.4.2 Stock | Kernel: Stock
Radio: TMO Latest | Recovery: TWRP
Donate to me: Keep your money & buy yourself a beer!
Sensation Firmware:User-Friendly Firmware

ShAaShAy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohr-Ah View Post
Are any accounts set to sync? Like email or Facebook?

Sent from my Sensation in UrQuan subspace
None at all! I have auto sync off, like completely off.

ShAaShAy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Anyone?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

elvisypi
Old
Thanks Meter 1283

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShAaShAy View Post
Hey, so I already checked the Sensation forum and found nothing of this sort, so I'm just gonna ask.
My Sensation XE keeps turning the mobile data on, all by itself. I've checked my apps and nothing that uses mobile data. And that bad thing is, I keep getting charged for it! I turn it off, and after a while, it turns on automatically. Help me out please?
Maybe you have some sort of virus. Try factory reset and format sd card
if you like my post
Devices:
HTC One
ROM : InsertCoin 3.0.2

HTC Sensation
ROM : ViperS 5.0.2 Sense 5

jslim38
Old
Thanks Meter 118
Go to settings and then scroll down to sync . This is where you have control over what you want to sync in the background and what you don't want to sync you have full control use it

Sent From My Viper S 1.3.0
Sent from xda hd
Samsung Galaxy s4 M919
Previous Device's HTC Sensation 4g S OFF
HTC Evo 3D S OFF HTC One x

ShAaShAy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by jslim38 View Post
Go to settings and then scroll down to sync . This is where you have control over what you want to sync in the background and what you don't want to sync you have full control use it

Sent From My Viper S 1.3.0
Dude I've turned auto sync off completely. The mobile data still turns on by itself.

realsis
Old
Thanks Meter 591
I have weird bug like that that keeps turning Bluetooth on! What Rom are you running? One reason data will shut off is if its not available. Have you tried another radio and ril? That might help. Never found what's turning on my Bluetooth? Very strange. But I do know with data it will shut off when not available.perhaps it's signal issues. You can try a new radio and ril and see if issue still persists. It's worth the experiment. Could solve the issue.

sent from HTC sensation, soff, 3.33 firmware, viper Rom, sense 4.1, mugen battery. please press thanks if I helped in anyway.
Samsung Galaxy S4, Tmobile variant, m919 rooted. Please press Thank you if ive helped in any way.

ShAaShAy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by realsis View Post
I have weird bug like that that keeps turning Bluetooth on! What Rom are you running? One reason data will shut off is if its not available. Have you tried another radio and ril? That might help. Never found what's turning on my Bluetooth? Very strange. But I do know with data it will shut off when not available.perhaps it's signal issues. You can try a new radio and ril and see if issue still persists. It's worth the experiment. Could solve the issue.

sent from HTC sensation, soff, 3.33 firmware, viper Rom, sense 4.1, mugen battery. please press thanks if I helped in anyway.
Funny thing is, since I don't completely use to phone to myself, it's 100% stock. And it's really weird for a thing like this to happen on stock.

realsis
Old
Thanks Meter 591
Yes it is strange, because you are stock it even more so confirms it might be a signal issue. Some solid advise. Call your provider and let them trouble shoot your device and See if your signal is getting disrupted this would cause the shut off . If so, make them do something about it! If possible. I have T-Mobile and I know they will trouble shoot a signal if need be. That's the only thing I can think of that's causing the data to shut off. When I installed a different radio/ril to my device I had the very same issue. I solved it by flashing a different more compatible radio and ril for my Area. But since you're stock, see what if anything the provider can do for you. Or you can root and try to change things yourself. If that's not an option take it in for warentee exchange because a device won't work without data and something needs to be done to solve the issue! Really hope this helps. Best wishes.

Samsung Galaxy S4, Tmobile variant, m919 rooted. Please press Thank you if ive helped in any way.