Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,727 Members 52,278 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

TWRP Bug Corrupted Partitions

Tip us?
 
flare4000
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Posts: 109
Join Date: Apr 2012
Default TWRP Bug Corrupted Partitions

Well I have my phone soft-bricked right now and my partitions are extremely messed up, I was wondering if anyone was so kind to run the print command for parted and show me the image, since I need to know what the partition numbers are so I can delete them then recreate, thanks.
 
heavy_metal_man
Old
#2  
heavy_metal_man's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 702
Posts: 2,562
Join Date: Nov 2011

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by flare4000 View Post
Well I have my phone soft-bricked right now and my partitions are extremely messed up, I was wondering if anyone was so kind to run the print command for parted and show me the image, since I need to know what the partition numbers are so I can delete them then recreate, thanks.
here is a more detailed layout from the gingerbread firmware.

Here is from mine with hboot 1.29.xxxxxx with 3.33 firmware
Code:
shell@pyramid:/ $ cat proc/emmc
cat proc/emmc
dev:        size     erasesize name
mmcblk0p32: 000ffa00 00000200 "misc"
mmcblk0p21: 00fffc00 00000200 "recovery"
mmcblk0p20: 01000000 00000200 "boot"
mmcblk0p22: 31fffc00 00000200 "system"
mmcblk0p24: 077f5c00 00000200 "cache"
mmcblk0p23: 4aabc400 00000200 "userdata"
mmcblk0p28: 01400000 00000200 "devlog"
mmcblk0p30: 00040000 00000200 "pdata"
mmcblk0p25: 00008000 00000200 "extra"
mmcblk0p17: 02800000 00000200 "radio"
mmcblk0p19: 01000000 00000200 "adsp"
mmcblk0p18: 007ffa00 00000200 "radio_config"
mmcblk0p26: 00400000 00000200 "modem_st1"
mmcblk0p27: 00400000 00000200 "modem_st2"
shell@pyramid:/ $
Hope this helps.

 
Devices
-> HTC wildfire (buzz)- currently testing all sorts.

-> HTC wildfire BEE
s-on HTC-dev unlocked
rom: my cooked rom
-> HTC sensation XE
Died a horrible overheating death
-> Nexus 7 32gb wifi
Bootloader unlocked
Rom: ParanoidAndroid 3.1
-> Htc desire s
xtc clip s-off/simunlocked/supercid
revolutionary hboot 7.00.1002
testing roms....
The Following User Says Thank You to heavy_metal_man For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
flare4000
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Posts: 109
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_metal_man View Post
here is a more detailed layout from the gingerbread firmware.

Here is from mine with hboot 1.29.xxxxxx with 3.33 firmware
Code:
shell@pyramid:/ $ cat proc/emmc
cat proc/emmc
dev:        size     erasesize name
mmcblk0p32: 000ffa00 00000200 "misc"
mmcblk0p21: 00fffc00 00000200 "recovery"
mmcblk0p20: 01000000 00000200 "boot"
mmcblk0p22: 31fffc00 00000200 "system"
mmcblk0p24: 077f5c00 00000200 "cache"
mmcblk0p23: 4aabc400 00000200 "userdata"
mmcblk0p28: 01400000 00000200 "devlog"
mmcblk0p30: 00040000 00000200 "pdata"
mmcblk0p25: 00008000 00000200 "extra"
mmcblk0p17: 02800000 00000200 "radio"
mmcblk0p19: 01000000 00000200 "adsp"
mmcblk0p18: 007ffa00 00000200 "radio_config"
mmcblk0p26: 00400000 00000200 "modem_st1"
mmcblk0p27: 00400000 00000200 "modem_st2"
shell@pyramid:/ $
Hope this helps.
Thanks for that but that is not what I need I need someone to run the print command using parted, the thing that I really need to know is the partition numbers, because there are no resources for the sensation I would be taking a wild guess when removing the partitions and may delete a valuable partition such as the radio. This is the website that I am currently referring to http://ananthgs4geeks.blogspot.co.uk...ase-brick.html The reason that I cannot run the command myself is because my partitions are extremely messed up. Thanks again for the help.
 
heavy_metal_man
Old
#4  
heavy_metal_man's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 702
Posts: 2,562
Join Date: Nov 2011

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by flare4000 View Post
Thanks for that but that is not what I need I need someone to run the print command using parted, the thing that I really need to know is the partition numbers, because there are no resources for the sensation I would be taking a wild guess when removing the partitions and may delete a valuable partition such as the radio. This is the website that I am currently referring to http://ananthgs4geeks.blogspot.co.uk...ase-brick.html The reason that I cannot run the command myself is because my partitions are extremely messed up. Thanks again for the help.
every time i run the command i get
Code:
error: cant have overlapping partitions
here is a cat proc/partitions if its any use :/
Code:
cat proc/partitions
major minor  #blocks  name

 179        0    2359296 mmcblk0
 179        1        128 mmcblk0p1
 179        2        256 mmcblk0p2
 179        3      32367 mmcblk0p3
 179        4          1 mmcblk0p4
 179        5         16 mmcblk0p5
 179        6        256 mmcblk0p6
 179        7      20442 mmcblk0p7
 179        8        256 mmcblk0p8
 179        9       1024 mmcblk0p9
 179       10        256 mmcblk0p10
 179       11       2048 mmcblk0p11
 179       12       1024 mmcblk0p12
 179       13         32 mmcblk0p13
 179       14       6144 mmcblk0p14
 179       15       1024 mmcblk0p15
 179       16        256 mmcblk0p16
 179       17      40960 mmcblk0p17
 179       18       8190 mmcblk0p18
 179       19      16384 mmcblk0p19
 179       20      16384 mmcblk0p20
 179       21      16383 mmcblk0p21
 179       22     819199 mmcblk0p22
 179       23    1223409 mmcblk0p23
 179       24     122839 mmcblk0p24
 179       25         32 mmcblk0p25
 179       26       4096 mmcblk0p26
 179       27       4096 mmcblk0p27
 179       28      20480 mmcblk0p28
 179       29          4 mmcblk0p29
 179       30        256 mmcblk0p30
 179       31         16 mmcblk0p31
 179       32       1022 mmcblk0p32
i couldnt get past the print issue.

 
Devices
-> HTC wildfire (buzz)- currently testing all sorts.

-> HTC wildfire BEE
s-on HTC-dev unlocked
rom: my cooked rom
-> HTC sensation XE
Died a horrible overheating death
-> Nexus 7 32gb wifi
Bootloader unlocked
Rom: ParanoidAndroid 3.1
-> Htc desire s
xtc clip s-off/simunlocked/supercid
revolutionary hboot 7.00.1002
testing roms....
The Following User Says Thank You to heavy_metal_man For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
flare4000
Old
#5  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Posts: 109
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_metal_man View Post
every time i run the command i get
Code:
error: cant have overlapping partitions
here is a cat proc/partitions if its any use :/
Code:
cat proc/partitions
major minor  #blocks  name

 179        0    2359296 mmcblk0
 179        1        128 mmcblk0p1
 179        2        256 mmcblk0p2
 179        3      32367 mmcblk0p3
 179        4          1 mmcblk0p4
 179        5         16 mmcblk0p5
 179        6        256 mmcblk0p6
 179        7      20442 mmcblk0p7
 179        8        256 mmcblk0p8
 179        9       1024 mmcblk0p9
 179       10        256 mmcblk0p10
 179       11       2048 mmcblk0p11
 179       12       1024 mmcblk0p12
 179       13         32 mmcblk0p13
 179       14       6144 mmcblk0p14
 179       15       1024 mmcblk0p15
 179       16        256 mmcblk0p16
 179       17      40960 mmcblk0p17
 179       18       8190 mmcblk0p18
 179       19      16384 mmcblk0p19
 179       20      16384 mmcblk0p20
 179       21      16383 mmcblk0p21
 179       22     819199 mmcblk0p22
 179       23    1223409 mmcblk0p23
 179       24     122839 mmcblk0p24
 179       25         32 mmcblk0p25
 179       26       4096 mmcblk0p26
 179       27       4096 mmcblk0p27
 179       28      20480 mmcblk0p28
 179       29          4 mmcblk0p29
 179       30        256 mmcblk0p30
 179       31         16 mmcblk0p31
 179       32       1022 mmcblk0p32
i couldnt get past the print issue.
Well got past the print issue but that doesn't help so I'm trying this now http://android-revolution-hd.blogspo...a-htc-one.html if you are using 4ext as your recovery can you tell me what it says in info as I want to know how big each partition is. Thanks again for your help.
 
heavy_metal_man
Old
#6  
heavy_metal_man's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 702
Posts: 2,562
Join Date: Nov 2011

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by flare4000 View Post
Well got past the print issue but that doesn't help so I'm trying this now http://android-revolution-hd.blogspo...a-htc-one.html if you are using 4ext as your recovery can you tell me what it says in info as I want to know how big each partition is. Thanks again for your help.
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1405552693268.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	2855506

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

 
Devices
-> HTC wildfire (buzz)- currently testing all sorts.

-> HTC wildfire BEE
s-on HTC-dev unlocked
rom: my cooked rom
-> HTC sensation XE
Died a horrible overheating death
-> Nexus 7 32gb wifi
Bootloader unlocked
Rom: ParanoidAndroid 3.1
-> Htc desire s
xtc clip s-off/simunlocked/supercid
revolutionary hboot 7.00.1002
testing roms....
The Following User Says Thank You to heavy_metal_man For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
flare4000
Old
#7  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Posts: 109
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_metal_man View Post
Attachment 2855506

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk
Well thanks for the help but I think I finally hit a stump, my phone is now mounting the system and cache but no matter what I do the data will not mount.
 
heavy_metal_man
Old
#8  
heavy_metal_man's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 702
Posts: 2,562
Join Date: Nov 2011

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by flare4000 View Post
Well thanks for the help but I think I finally hit a stump, my phone is now mounting the system and cache but no matter what I do the data will not mount.
Does the formatting finish without any errors?

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

 
Devices
-> HTC wildfire (buzz)- currently testing all sorts.

-> HTC wildfire BEE
s-on HTC-dev unlocked
rom: my cooked rom
-> HTC sensation XE
Died a horrible overheating death
-> Nexus 7 32gb wifi
Bootloader unlocked
Rom: ParanoidAndroid 3.1
-> Htc desire s
xtc clip s-off/simunlocked/supercid
revolutionary hboot 7.00.1002
testing roms....
 
flare4000
Old
#9  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Posts: 109
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_metal_man View Post
Does the formatting finish without any errors?

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk
The data partition? The formatting works most of the time, but yeah it does finish without errors, right now in 4ext the info is showing that all 3 partitions is mounted but I cannot flash any roms.
 
heavy_metal_man
Old
#10  
heavy_metal_man's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 702
Posts: 2,562
Join Date: Nov 2011

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by flare4000 View Post
The data partition? The formatting works most of the time, but yeah it does finish without errors, right now in 4ext the info is showing that all 3 partitions is mounted but I cannot flash any roms.
in 4ext go try tools/wipe or format ext4/ data and see what happens. post any errors please

 
Devices
-> HTC wildfire (buzz)- currently testing all sorts.

-> HTC wildfire BEE
s-on HTC-dev unlocked
rom: my cooked rom
-> HTC sensation XE
Died a horrible overheating death
-> Nexus 7 32gb wifi
Bootloader unlocked
Rom: ParanoidAndroid 3.1
-> Htc desire s
xtc clip s-off/simunlocked/supercid
revolutionary hboot 7.00.1002
testing roms....

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes