Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,248 Members 37,637 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Phone won't go past HTC screen after firmware update

Tip us?

MimicMyPhone
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Unhappy Phone won't go past HTC screen after firmware update

I was follwing Ichigo(http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2764352) topic on how to root this phone so I could get the Viper rom.I root the phone just fine but it stated I that I needed the latest firmware(Universal Firmware 3.332 which I'm on now) I drag&drop the file on my phone.It asked me do I want to update I clicked Yes,after a few seconds its says complete and reboot.phone reboot show the HTC logo then goes blank.I can tell the screen is still on due the backlight.I tired googling the problem but everything sounds so hard.I'm starting to feel overwhelmed.I am however able to go into bootloader

Help Please

heavy_metal_man
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 703

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by MimicMyPhone View Post
I was follwing Ichigo(http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2764352) topic on how to root this phone so I could get the Viper rom.I root the phone just fine but it stated I that I needed the latest firmware(Universal Firmware 3.332 which I'm on now) I drag&drop the file on my phone.It asked me do I want to update I clicked Yes,after a few seconds its says complete and reboot.phone reboot show the HTC logo then goes blank.I can tell the screen is still on due the backlight.I tired googling the problem but everything sounds so hard.I'm starting to feel overwhelmed.I am however able to go into bootloader

Help Please
Do you have a custom recovery Installed? If so enter it and wipe your cache and dalvik cache partitions. Then reboot and hopefully you will boot up okay

Sent from my Desire S using Tapatalk

Devices
-> HTC wildfire (buzz)- currently testing all sorts.

-> HTC wildfire BEE
s-on HTC-dev unlocked
rom: my cooked rom
-> HTC sensation XE
Died a horrible overheating death
-> Nexus 7 32gb wifi
Bootloader unlocked
Rom: ParanoidAndroid 3.1
-> Htc desire s
xtc clip s-off/simunlocked/supercid
revolutionary hboot 7.00.1002
testing roms....