Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,819 Members 40,987 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Problems Unlocking bootloader HTC Sensation XE

Tip us?

jezzeh11
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Problems Unlocking bootloader HTC Sensation XE

Hello, I've tried several times to unlock the bootloader of my HTC sensation XE from HTCdev website. I am stuck at step 4 when I try to run fastboot.exe. It says my PC is missing the file ''AdbWinApi.dll''. The error literally says: ''The program cannot be started because AdbWinApi.dll is missing on your PC. You might solve this problem by re´nstalling the program.''
I did 'install' Android SDK, however it's not really installing because the program just starts up and does not install. I have watched other threads about rooting the HTC Sensation XE but back in the time the Android SDK was different from what it is now so that's why I don't know what to do to fix this problem. Does anyone know what I should do ?

jmcclue
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1307
Quote:
Originally Posted by jezzeh11 View Post
Hello, I've tried several times to unlock the bootloader of my HTC sensation XE from HTCdev website. I am stuck at step 4 when I try to run fastboot.exe. It says my PC is missing the file ''AdbWinApi.dll''. The error literally says: ''The program cannot be started because AdbWinApi.dll is missing on your PC. You might solve this problem by re´nstalling the program.''
I did 'install' Android SDK, however it's not really installing because the program just starts up and does not install. I have watched other threads about rooting the HTC Sensation XE but back in the time the Android SDK was different from what it is now so that's why I don't know what to do to fix this problem. Does anyone know what I should do ?
try this tool to install adb & fastboot

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j...70810081,d.ZGU
The Following User Says Thank You to jmcclue For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jezzeh11
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcclue View Post
try this tool to install adb & fastboot

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j...70810081,d.ZGU
Thanks my man! It worked !!