Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Problems Unlocking bootloader HTC Sensation XE

OP jezzeh11

11th July 2014, 09:44 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Hello, I've tried several times to unlock the bootloader of my HTC sensation XE from HTCdev website. I am stuck at step 4 when I try to run fastboot.exe. It says my PC is missing the file ''AdbWinApi.dll''. The error literally says: ''The program cannot be started because AdbWinApi.dll is missing on your PC. You might solve this problem by re´nstalling the program.''
I did 'install' Android SDK, however it's not really installing because the program just starts up and does not install. I have watched other threads about rooting the HTC Sensation XE but back in the time the Android SDK was different from what it is now so that's why I don't know what to do to fix this problem. Does anyone know what I should do ?
11th July 2014, 11:46 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,401

3,614 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jezzeh11

Hello, I've tried several times to unlock the bootloader of my HTC sensation XE from HTCdev website. I am stuck at step 4 when I try to run fastboot.exe. It says my PC is missing the file ''AdbWinApi.dll''. The error literally says: ''The program cannot be started because AdbWinApi.dll is missing on your PC. You might solve this problem by re´nstalling the program.''
I did 'install' Android SDK, however it's not really installing because the program just starts up and does not install. I have watched other threads about rooting the HTC Sensation XE but back in the time the Android SDK was different from what it is now so that's why I don't know what to do to fix this problem. Does anyone know what I should do ?

try this tool to install adb & fastboot

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j...70810081,d.ZGU
The Following User Says Thank You to jmcclue For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th July 2014, 08:35 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcclue

try this tool to install adb & fastboot

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j...70810081,d.ZGU

Thanks my man! It worked !!