[Q&A] [Rom][3.4 Kernel][4.4.4] CarbonRom [06th October]

Search This thread
Q

QA Bot

Q&A for [Rom][3.4 Kernel][4.4.4] CarbonRom [06th October]

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer. Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy! :smile:

Mishka36

Oct 15, 2014
contacts on the sim

bug: contacts on the SIM card in any way it is impossible to get on the phone; thought in the filter can open contacts, but there is no contact importer also does not work

Sajito

Sep 1, 2013
bug: contacts on the SIM card in any way it is impossible to get on the phone; thought in the filter can open contacts, but there is no contact importer also does not work

Open contacts app, click menu button, select import -> import from sim. Problem solved = no bug

krotoss

Jul 18, 2014

Firmware is just super,so many settings, I have not seen no where.
Thank you for your work

krotoss

Jul 18, 2014
Thank you for a very good firmware!!! Correct Russian language in incoming notifications.

AgentSmith

Feb 22, 2006
Is it possible to turn off all notifications in the lock screen? I've looked everywhere and also searched the internet but I can't find a solution.

AgentSmith

Feb 22, 2006
Thanks!! And wow, I would've never found those settings myself. There seems to be no interface feature that indicates the existence of those screens.

zaidkassam

Oct 30, 2014
/Problem\

I've flashed your ROM , it's awesome , thanx .
When I connected to WiFi first time it was successful and had no problem , it was yesterday .
then today when I back home WiFi couldn't find the Router anymore , neither another router ,
and I can't now use my WiFi , even if there are Wireless networks , My device doesn't recognize them.
What should I do ??? Please Help :(

haanz85

Nov 30, 2011
Hi dev, I'm newbie using this niz cm ROM. I feel there's quite smooth almost operating every apps, but actually i hv tried camera features in more setting menu, when i try to use denoise by thick that option & try take some pictures but it gv effect camera suddenly force close & appear notification error. is there anyone facing same problem? Is there any solution for these? I'm curious about this option too, is it made significant result quality pictures..?
Thanks for help to gv this great work being perfectly

Best Regards,
HdZ

nfs_daemon

Nov 15, 2014
unlock problem

Hello, I do not know very well English, so I use a translator (sorry for the machine text).
I installed your rom on your phone. When installing the first did full wipe, then tried to format all partitions on the phone (after recovery).
I have the following problem: the phone does not always want to wake up at the touch of a button power.
Here are my observations:
1. If the phone is not used for a long time (more than five minutes), the first pressing of no reaction (the screen is turned off, the backlight is too soft keys do not light up), if you wait a few seconds (3-5) and press the power once again light up the soft keys then after 1-2 seconds the screen.
2. If in the settings to set Wake on volume key (Settings - Carbon fibers - Buttons - Volume button wake), after clicking on the awakening takes place in 100% of cases quickly and correctly (but I was not very happy, because I often favorite player and I do not want to change the volume for each turns on the screen).
3. If you press too much power to the phone may reboot.
4. If a player is running (ie, the phone is not in deep sleep), then unlock more often obtained from the first time (but sometimes not).
5. If you increase the minimum frequency (Settings - Performance - Minimum speed) to 384 or 432 Mhz waking works best (for a long time this setting is not used, because I have no desire to spend the battery for nothing, but in the latter could be wrong, the voltage table cpu versus frequency could not find).
6. If the phone is standing on the charge, then there is always unlock properly.

Tried to look at logcat during the "unfortunate spill," saw nothing suspicious.

Kernel Version: 3.4.104-g0b41012 gigi @ android # 2
Carbon version: CARBON-KK-UNOFFICIAL-KERNEL-3.4-20141031-0840
Build date: Fri Oct 31 08:41:32 CET 2014
Build version: carbon_pyramid-userdebug-4.4.4 KTU84Q b494d86a82 test-keys

Tell me, please, where you can read what other information you need to provide, and whether bugtracker for this?

Thanks in advance.

AgentSmith

Feb 22, 2006
In the 1031 build Chrome starts in floating mode every time. Is there a way to disable this? All other apps behave as they should.

Sajito

Sep 1, 2013
Hello, I do not know very well English, so I use a translator (sorry for the machine text).
I installed your rom on your phone. When installing the first did full wipe, then tried to format all partitions on the phone (after recovery).
I have the following problem: the phone does not always want to wake up at the touch of a button power.
Here are my observations:
1. If the phone is not used for a long time (more than five minutes), the first pressing of no reaction (the screen is turned off, the backlight is too soft keys do not light up), if you wait a few seconds (3-5) and press the power once again light up the soft keys then after 1-2 seconds the screen.
2. If in the settings to set Wake on volume key (Settings - Carbon fibers - Buttons - Volume button wake), after clicking on the awakening takes place in 100% of cases quickly and correctly (but I was not very happy, because I often favorite player and I do not want to change the volume for each turns on the screen).
3. If you press too much power to the phone may reboot.
4. If a player is running (ie, the phone is not in deep sleep), then unlock more often obtained from the first time (but sometimes not).
5. If you increase the minimum frequency (Settings - Performance - Minimum speed) to 384 or 432 Mhz waking works best (for a long time this setting is not used, because I have no desire to spend the battery for nothing, but in the latter could be wrong, the voltage table cpu versus frequency could not find).
6. If the phone is standing on the charge, then there is always unlock properly.

Tried to look at logcat during the "unfortunate spill," saw nothing suspicious.

Kernel Version: 3.4.104-g0b41012 gigi @ android # 2
Carbon version: CARBON-KK-UNOFFICIAL-KERNEL-3.4-20141031-0840
Build date: Fri Oct 31 08:41:32 CET 2014
Build version: carbon_pyramid-userdebug-4.4.4 KTU84Q b494d86a82 test-keys

Tell me, please, where you can read what other information you need to provide, and whether bugtracker for this?

Thanks in advance.
Go into settings -> Display and disable "prevent accidental wake-up.

In the 1031 build Chrome starts in floating mode every time. Is there a way to disable this? All other apps behave as they should.

That's seems to be in chrome. I read that other phones have that issue too.

reddie32

Nov 8, 2014
Lecco
thank you very much Sajito..
I using yours ROM from the begin because it's the only one that permit my Sensation to working well for daily use.
thank you so much and i'll follow you for your new experience with lollipop

Bye
Edy
(excuse me for my bad english)

reddie32

Nov 8, 2014
Lecco
hi guys,
i've got a problem but i don't think that is a problem about ROM.
My PC's don't recognize the device (htc sensation). I try to reinstall old version (31/10) but nothing to do and i also try to disable USB debug and enable again but nothing again.

How can i fix it?

thanks in advance
Edy

abuulala

May 15, 2010
Reinstall the drivers,or if still no use u can use an application multimount sd card

BODY MECHANIC

Okhtapous

May 8, 2013
delay at screen on in incoming call

hi guys
i have delay in screen on when my phone is lock and i get a call
how can fix this ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is it possible to turn off all notifications in the lock screen? I've looked everywhere and also searched the internet but I can't find a solution.

Go Into Settings -> Carbon Fibers -> Lockscreen. Swipe to left to Notification and diablo Lockscreen-Notification