[Q] Sensation XE Z715E Rom not booting after Flashing

OP bobdowl

7th August 2014, 05:37 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

47 posts
More
Hey guys,

I just recently wanted to Cyanogenmod my friends' phone (which I have done with many others already) and never could get it to actually boot anything but the stock rom.

I S-OFF'ed it via HTCDev and installed the 4X recovery. (not sure if the name is right, I don't have the phone here)

Then I Installed the custom Rom after Wiping Cache/Dalvic/Factory Reset and it went through, but every Rom gets either stuck at the "HTC" screen or in the case of Cyanogenmod (Official) it got the the Boot animation and then looped.

Anyone knows what could've gone wrong? I re-flashed the stock Rom after giving up and now the phone seems to have issues with the WiFi connection.

So how do I get a custom Rom to actually Boot?
Last edited by bobdowl; 7th August 2014 at 05:40 PM.
7th August 2014, 09:18 PM   |  #2  
Flag Nafpaktos
Thanks Meter: 2,119

7,100 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdowl

I S-OFF'ed it via HTCDev and installed the 4X recovery. (not sure if the name is right, I don't have the phone here)

you can't S-OFF via htcdev
post your bootloader details
8th August 2014, 10:39 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 537

782 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdowl

Hey guys,

I just recently wanted to Cyanogenmod my friends' phone (which I have done with many others already) and never could get it to actually boot anything but the stock rom.

Then I Installed the custom Rom after Wiping Cache/Dalvic/Factory Reset and it went through, but every Rom gets either stuck at the "HTC" screen or in the case of Cyanogenmod (Official) it got the the Boot animation and then looped.

Anyone knows what could've gone wrong? I re-flashed the stock Rom after giving up and now the phone seems to have issues with the WiFi connection.

So how do I get a custom Rom to actually Boot?

As rzr said you can't s-off via htcdev. Activate smartflash in 4ext recovery and try again.
8th August 2014, 03:37 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

47 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajito

As rzr said you can't s-off via htcdev. Activate smartflash in 4ext recovery and try again.

Okay, sorry I just asked my friend (who is in possession of the phone)

I unlocked the Bootloader via HTCDev, I will contact my friend to make sure what I did. (It's been a week)
Last edited by bobdowl; 8th August 2014 at 03:40 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread