Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,702 Members 53,946 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] 'No Sim - No Signal'

Tip us?

J_OOL
Old
(Last edited by J_OOL; 20th August 2014 at 06:45 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] 'No Sim - No Signal'

I originally posted this question in the general android 'noob friendly' thread but thought it would be better to place it here.

I recently rooted my Sensation XE and ran without any further modification for a day or two.

I then installed cyanogenmod 11 using 4ext recovery and all went smoothly... Except I now have the message 'no sim card' no service' on the bottom of the screen and am unable to connect to my mobile network.

I swapped the sim card to two different known working cards and it connected and worked perfectly. Based on this I purchased a replacement sim and installed it.

The phone then only said 'no sim' on the screen but I was able to phone customer service using the phone and transfer my number to the new sim.

The transfer has happened and now I received the same message... 'no sim card - no service'

Can anyone shed some light on what I can try to fix the issue?

The phone is rooted with S-OFF
HBOOT-1.29.0000
RADIO-11.23.3504.07_M2

The rom I used is at the following link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2530073

My apologies for the long winded post. If there is any other information that may be of use, please let me know.

Thank you for your help!

J_OOL
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
It looks like it may be my 'radio' that needs to be updated as there are issues with wifi also.

I've found a thread guide which goes through the process of updating it, however the latest of the radios listed is for ICS.

Could someone give a heads up if there is any benefit or potential problems in flashing a radio for ICS now that I am running (or trying to run) KitKat?

heavy_metal_man
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 703

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_OOL View Post
It looks like it may be my 'radio' that needs to be updated as there are issues with wifi also.

I've found a thread guide which goes through the process of updating it, however the latest of the radios listed is for ICS.

Could someone give a heads up if there is any benefit or potential problems in flashing a radio for ICS now that I am running (or trying to run) KitKat?
The highest official ROM we got for the sensation was ICS, so out highest radio and firmware were also ICS most modern ROMs are based on 3.33 firmware but to directly answer your question no, it will be fine just remember to check the m5d sum of your download to ensure its 100% okay, as flashing radios that have been damaged by a bad download can lead to large problems :/

Sent from my Desire S using Tapatalk

Devices
-> HTC wildfire (buzz)- currently testing all sorts.

-> HTC wildfire BEE
s-on HTC-dev unlocked
rom: my cooked rom
-> HTC sensation XE
Died a horrible overheating death
-> Nexus 7 32gb wifi
Bootloader unlocked
Rom: ParanoidAndroid 3.1
-> Htc desire s
xtc clip s-off/simunlocked/supercid
revolutionary hboot 7.00.1002
testing roms....