Do You Check for App Updates Regularly?

Do you let app updates happen automatically or do you regularly check for them? We’re … more

Find The Best Apps With Google’s Picks & Other Tricks

The Google Play Store, weighing in with more than 1.4 million apps at last … more

Dynamic Pop for Note 4 (N910T & 910W8)

With the release of the Canadian Lollipop ROM for the Note 4, T-Mobile users can also enjoy the … more

Sunday Debate: Better to Buy Older or Newer Hardware?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on New vs. Old. Come with your opinions and feel … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Where to start? Unlock, root, rom

31st August 2014, 05:23 PM |#1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
54 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
My dad used to work for Cellular One and got a Sensation from work. It works with a T-mobile sim so I'm guessing that it's a global type phone since Cell One worked with ATT. He wants to give the phone to my mom but wants to get rid of sense. What is the easiest way to unlock and root and rom is the most stable? Sorry if this has been answered 100 times. I have rooted my Incredible, Rezound and Nexus 4 but that wasa because I did it as soon as I got the phone.
 
 
31st August 2014, 06:30 PM |#2  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
54 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
So the phone has Revolutionary and S-off already. Does this mean the phone is ready for a rom?
31st August 2014, 06:45 PM |#3  
v.konvict's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag mwanza
Thanks Meter: 60
 
390 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Yepp just make sure u running the latest 4ext recovery and u can install

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

If u using 4ext recovery already use the 4ext updater app to see if its up to date....u can get it at 4ext.net
31st August 2014, 06:46 PM |#4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
54 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by v.konvict

Yepp just make sure u running the latest 4ext recovery and u can install

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

If u using 4ext recovery already use the 4ext updater app to see if its up to date....u can get it at 4ext.net

Do you know if I can just use the cyanogemod installer? That's basically all I think he needs. I don't want to get to involved in this project. Thanks.
31st August 2014, 07:34 PM |#5  
v.konvict's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag mwanza
Thanks Meter: 60
 
390 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitamin_D

Do you know if I can just use the cyanogemod installer? That's basically all I think he needs. I don't want to get to involved in this project. Thanks.

I hvnt heard of that on the sensation....just try reboot to recovery and see which recovery is there....the hardwork has been done already
31st August 2014, 08:15 PM |#6  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
54 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by v.konvict

I hvnt heard of that on the sensation....just try reboot to recovery and see which recovery is there....the hardwork has been done already

Revolutionary CWM v4.0.1.4

The boot screen says:
-Revolutionary-
PYRAMID PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
HBOOT-1.17.1111
31st August 2014, 09:00 PM |#7  
rzr86's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Nafpaktos
Thanks Meter: 2,324
 
7,526 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitamin_D

Revolutionary CWM v4.0.1.4

The boot screen says:
-Revolutionary-
PYRAMID PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
HBOOT-1.17.1111

upgrade first your firmware
use 3.33 universal from here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1459767

follow the instructions to the letter
and before flashing check md5 sums(important)

after that flash any jb/kk aosp rom you want from recovery
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes