Post Reply

[Q] Need Help with Rooting Thunderbolt again....

OP Familyguy1

3rd September 2014, 04:01 AM   |  #1  
Familyguy1's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
148 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Hi. So, I am in the process of trying to use my Thunderbolt again. I have not been in the rooting game since at least early 2013 and have forgot a lot of things.I still have a custom bootloader and Recovery is 4EXT Recovery Touch v1.0.0.5 RC8. As you can see I am quite behind the game...

Is there anyway I can update to the a newer hboot and recovery? Currently I have nothing installed on this phone besides the bootloader and the recovery...

Currently, the specs i see on my Bootloader are

Mecha XD Ship S-OFF
HBOOT-6.04. 1002
MICROP-/
RADIO-2.02.00. 1117r
eMMC-boot
Feb 23 2011, 20:42:55

So my basic question is...where do I go from here? Since I am already S-OFF, does it really matter what version bootloader I have?

I tried putting a newer radio on my SD card and it wouldnt boot in the bootloader at all. It scanned for it but said "No image, wrong image!".

I am simply confused at what steps I need to take to get a working phone. Currently going to use this as my media phone, so 3G/4G connection is not an option since I am on another phone.

Thanks!
4th September 2014, 01:44 AM   |  #2  
quickdraw86's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sioux Falls, SD
Thanks Meter: 564
 
862 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Familyguy1

Hi. So, I am in the process of trying to use my Thunderbolt again. I have not been in the rooting game since at least early 2013 and have forgot a lot of things.I still have a custom bootloader and Recovery is 4EXT Recovery Touch v1.0.0.5 RC8. As you can see I am quite behind the game...

Is there anyway I can update to the a newer hboot and recovery? Currently I have nothing installed on this phone besides the bootloader and the recovery...

Currently, the specs i see on my Bootloader are

Mecha XD Ship S-OFF
HBOOT-6.04. 1002
MICROP-/
RADIO-2.02.00. 1117r
eMMC-boot
Feb 23 2011, 20:42:55

So my basic question is...where do I go from here? Since I am already S-OFF, does it really matter what version bootloader I have?

I tried putting a newer radio on my SD card and it wouldnt boot in the bootloader at all. It scanned for it but said "No image, wrong image!".

I am simply confused at what steps I need to take to get a working phone. Currently going to use this as my media phone, so 3G/4G connection is not an option since I am on another phone.

Thanks!

If you're already s-off, the bootloader version isn't important, and won't hinder your ability to install ROMs, kernels, etc... To install a radio, put the file on the root of your SD card, rename to PG05IMG.zip, reboot to bootloader... The best/most current ROMs can be found at infectedrom.com...
4th September 2014, 03:36 AM   |  #3  
Familyguy1's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
148 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw86

If you're already s-off, the bootloader version isn't important, and won't hinder your ability to install ROMs, kernels, etc... To install a radio, put the file on the root of your SD card, rename to PG05IMG.zip, reboot to bootloader... The best/most current ROMs can be found at infectedrom.com...

This is going to be a stupid question, but should it be in a .rar zip format or is a folder with .zip at the end fine? I think that might have been my problem. Also, I have to put the files on my SD through the computer, so to put it on the root of my SD card is to just put it onto my SD card on the computer?

Edit: I am an idiot. I got the radio stuff figured out.

Next I will do the Rom stuff. With the recovery, when I get the rom all situated and running, can I just run the recovery control app for 4EXT and that should update it?
Last edited by Familyguy1; 4th September 2014 at 04:02 AM.
4th September 2014, 06:13 AM   |  #4  
quickdraw86's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sioux Falls, SD
Thanks Meter: 564
 
862 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Familyguy1

This is going to be a stupid question, but should it be in a .rar zip format or is a folder with .zip at the end fine? I think that might have been my problem. Also, I have to put the files on my SD through the computer, so to put it on the root of my SD card is to just put it onto my SD card on the computer?

Edit: I am an idiot. I got the radio stuff figured out.

Next I will do the Rom stuff. With the recovery, when I get the rom all situated and running, can I just run the recovery control app for 4EXT and that should update it?

If there is a newer version of 4ext, yes. I don't use my bolt anymore as my regular personal phone, so unsure of the current/final version number of 4ext recovery...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes