Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,201 Members 51,978 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Deleted Recovery Partition

Tip us?

anairb2009
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Deleted Recovery Partition

PLEASE HELP ME!!!! I have somehow managed to delete my recovery partition from my HTC Thunderbolt. I am semi skilled in computers and programs, but I cannot seem to figure out how to restore my deleted recovery partition. I just recently rooted my device and was trying to check out different roms for my device and somewhere in this process I managed to delete this partition. Besides needing help with my recovery partition, I also am not clear on which roms I can/should be using (I was trying to find either a Jelly Bean or KitKat rom that would work.) I know my phone is considered a dinosaur, but I like my old dinosaur and it's always worked great for me. Many of the searches I did for HTC Thunderbolt roms come up with rom choices that are labeled for a different phone than mine, like HTC ONE, etc. Does this mean these roms are okay and able to be used on my HTC Thunderbolt phone too? It's a little confusing. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you!!
Bayliee

lemew
Old
Thanks Meter 4

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by anairb2009 View Post
PLEASE HELP ME!!!! I have somehow managed to delete my recovery partition from my HTC Thunderbolt. I am semi skilled in computers and programs, but I cannot seem to figure out how to restore my deleted recovery partition. I just recently rooted my device and was trying to check out different roms for my device and somewhere in this process I managed to delete this partition. Besides needing help with my recovery partition, I also am not clear on which roms I can/should be using (I was trying to find either a Jelly Bean or KitKat rom that would work.) I know my phone is considered a dinosaur, but I like my old dinosaur and it's always worked great for me. Many of the searches I did for HTC Thunderbolt roms come up with rom choices that are labeled for a different phone than mine, like HTC ONE, etc. Does this mean these roms are okay and able to be used on my HTC Thunderbolt phone too? It's a little confusing. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you!!
Bayliee

Take a look at Infectedrom website. There is a tutorial listed for recovery problems. I don't know what kind of search results you are getting but Santod makes solid roms. No worries with any of those. This phone came and went pretty quickly but gets the job done. I am still using mine while clinging on to unlimited data. This is a great forum, lots of people to help.