Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

Increase the Speaker Volume of Your Samsung Gear 2 with Tool and Tutorial

I think its pretty safe to say that any sound coming out of a … more

[Q] CM9 with INT2EXT+: GooglePlay download problems

29th August 2014, 11:34 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Karlsruhe
Thanks Meter: 1

44 posts
More
Hallo,

I am working with the stable CM9 version and INT2EXT+ on my HTC Wildfire S which you really cannot use without any 'storage expanding' script.
Its storage space is so horrible low. So thank you for this solution very much.

The mentioned constellation is running fine and fast so far - just the opposite to ROM EQDKP (with Data2SD) I had before which was stable but EXTREMLY slow!! (only the akku state makes problems obviously at all CM versions as it does not seem to be correct (lack of refresh)! Unfortunately.)

There is still enough space on my SD card:
* Phone info -> partition info: 724 MB used from 1,08 GB (data folder)
* Apps -> All: 683 MB used, 421 MB free
* Storage -> internal storage: 782 MB Apps, 380 MB free.
Who knows why they are different but anyway they say about the same.

But now I have a GooglePlay download problem when I want to install apps bigger than 12 MB. (before (when I did not have so many apps installed) this never was a problem)
To say it clearly: it is NOT an installation problem but happens already during the app download. It just stops and says that there is not enough internal phone storage left. VERY strange!
I doubt that this has to do s.th. with a cache space, does it? But this would be the space used for downloads, right?
[partition info -> cache: 2,5 MB / 35 MB; pi -> system: 211 MB / 260 MB)

But why should it make problems then? Can this be a problem of the script / INT2EXT ??...
I would be glad to get hints from anybody what the real problem here could be.

Thank you very much!
29th August 2014, 11:53 AM   |  #2  
Flag Aligarh
Thanks Meter: 401

1,400 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falk2

Hallo,

I am working with the stable CM9 version and INT2EXT+ on my HTC Wildfire S which you really cannot use without any 'storage expanding' script.
Its storage space is so horrible low. So thank you for this solution very much.

The mentioned constellation is running fine and fast so far - just the opposite to ROM EQDKP (with Data2SD) I had before which was stable but EXTREMLY slow!! (only the akku state makes problems obviously at all CM versions as it does not seem to be correct (lack of refresh)! Unfortunately.)

There is still enough space on my SD card:
* Phone info -> partition info: 724 MB used from 1,08 GB (data folder)
* Apps -> All: 683 MB used, 421 MB free
* Storage -> internal storage: 782 MB Apps, 380 MB free.
Who knows why they are different but anyway they say about the same.

But now I have a GooglePlay download problem when I want to install apps bigger than 12 MB. (before (when I did not have so many apps installed) this never was a problem)
To say it clearly: it is NOT an installation problem but happens already during the app download. It just stops and says that there is not enough internal phone storage left. VERY strange!
I doubt that this has to do s.th. with a cache space, does it? But this would be the space used for downloads, right?
[partition info -> cache: 2,5 MB / 35 MB; pi -> system: 211 MB / 260 MB)

But why should it make problems then? Can this be a problem of the script / INT2EXT ??...
I would be glad to get hints from anybody what the real problem here could be.

Thank you very much!

That's because of the script(INT2EXT+), it keeps the data/data in the internal memory. This will give you more speed but if it is filled you won't be able to install or download anything from the Play Store. That's the reason why you are not able to use your EXT partition completely. If you want more space for apps, try INT2EXT4. But you will have to sacrifice some speed if you use it
29th August 2014, 01:00 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Karlsruhe

44 posts
More
Hallo csoulr666,

thanks for your helpful feedback!

Aha, but I would have expected an error message only during installation but not during download already which uses just the cache, doesn't it???...

Maybe you refer to the sentence of the INT2EXT script author: "100mb internal is needed for every 500mb sd-ext"!?
Is it this what you mean?...
But I still have much more than 200 MB left (380MB)!!... That should not be the reason then!?...
(and again: he talks about the internal state memory but not about the cache which is reserved ANYWAY, isn't it?...

How can I find out how much data is left in the original internal memory???...
And why are there differences in memory above (284, 421, 380 MB)?...

But if it once should be for sure that the internal memory is the reason for that I would prefer to change the 1 GB sd-ext partition to 1,5 GB by 'Minitool Partition Wizard'. Should work,shoudln't it?...
Or do you think the difference in speed is not that much!?...
Last edited by Falk2; 29th August 2014 at 01:05 PM.
29th August 2014, 01:15 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Flag Karlsruhe

44 posts
More
However, Root Explorer tells me for data/data:
used 130,66 MB, free 19,34 MB. (unfortunately cannot see folder sizes!)

Hmmmh... so now I understand nothing anymore!!
Should I at the end add 200 MB + 130,66 MB ?...
Last edited by Falk2; 29th August 2014 at 01:39 PM.
29th August 2014, 02:42 PM   |  #5  
Flag Aligarh

1,400 posts
More
Quote:

Hallo csoulr666,

thanks for your helpful feedback!

Aha, but I would have expected an error message only during installation but not during download already which uses just the cache, doesn't it???...

Maybe you refer to the sentence of the INT2EXT script author: "100mb internal is needed for every 500mb sd-ext"!?
Is it this what you mean?...
But I still have much more than 200 MB left (380MB)!!... That should not be the reason then!?...
(and again: he talks about the internal state memory but not about the cache which is reserved ANYWAY, isn't it?...

How can I find out how much data is left in the original internal memory???...
And why are there differences in memory above (284, 421, 380 MB)?...

But if it once should be for sure that the internal memory is the reason for that I would prefer to change the 1 GB sd-ext partition to 1,5 GB by 'Minitool Partition Wizard'. Should work,shoudln't it?...
Or do you think the difference in speed is not that much!?...

What the author meant that you need a 100MB of "acutal" internal storage(not EXT partition) to be able to use about 500 MB of the EXT partition. That's actually an estimate value, so you won't be able to get the same figures in all the ROMs. Even before downloading, the Play Store checks for the storage available for all the parts of an application. Maybe that's why it returns errors
5th September 2014, 08:20 AM   |  #6  
OP Member
Flag Karlsruhe

44 posts
More
Hallo csoulr666,

thank you for your additional explanation. In fact this would explain the phenomena.
I calculate then:
About 100 MB internal memory I need for 100 MB.
As WFS has about 120 MB internal mem. it is about 650 MB at all. Correct?
So this is the limitation ia have then which is too early.

And do you know if I can read out the left or too low memory anyhow.
Means, does any value gives me an information about the left actual internal memory value?
Possibly no?...

So then I am thinking about a change of the memory script.
Did you or anybody else can answer the following questions?:
1.) Do I have more memory left with scripts like Link2SD, INT2EXT or INT2EXT4 ??
2.) Is the speed reduction remarkable here? And if so when exactly?
3.) How can I change over to another script without reinstalling the whole ROM? (no overwriting possible, is it?)

Thank you very much again for your feedback!!
Last edited by Falk2; 5th September 2014 at 09:54 AM.
5th September 2014, 11:02 AM   |  #7  
Flag Aligarh

1,400 posts
More
Quote:

Hallo csoulr666,

thank you for your additional explanation. In fact this would explain the phenomena.
I calculate then:
About 100 MB internal memory I need for 100 MB.
As WFS has about 120 MB internal mem. it is about 650 MB at all. Correct?
So this is the limitation ia have then which is too early.

And do you know if I can read out the left or too low memory anyhow.
Means, does any value gives me an information about the left actual internal memory value?
Possibly no?...

So then I am thinking about a change of the memory script.
Did you or anybody else can answer the following questions?:
1.) Do I have more memory left with scripts like Link2SD, INT2EXT or INT2EXT4 ??
2.) Is the speed reduction remarkable here? And if so when exactly?
3.) How can I change over to another script without reinstalling the whole ROM? (no overwriting possible, is it?)

Thank you very much again for your feedback!!

Actually the usable space depends on the internal memory that is free. So it will vary from different ROMs.

1) You would have more space with INT2EXT, INT2EXT4 but not with Link2SD(unless you buy the PRO version of the app allowing to move everything to the EXT partition)
2) Speed reduction can be significant if you load it up with a lot of Apps. And it might get a little annoying after 2-3 weeks or so
3)Overwriting will not be possible in most cases, since different scripts might mount different things on the 2nd Partition
Today, 11:10 AM   |  #8  
OP Member
Flag Karlsruhe

44 posts
More
back again from holiday...
So what would you suggest what I can do?
To 1: How much memory do I win in average with INT2EXT or the others? Can I install e.g. double the number of apps then?...
To 2: Your answer stands for which scripts? All the three? Or only INT2EXT, INT2EXT4 maybe?...
Could you explain why exactly the speed reduction appears? (isn't the fix part of an app also loaded in the fast RAM when started. So isn't it more a question of available RAM than speed?...)
To 3: Changing to another script would mean to flash the whole ROM again?... Or isn't there a way to delete my actual INT2EXT+ before installing e.g. INT2EXT?... Or is there still another way to exchange my script??...
4.) At last I couldn't even start my mobile at all! Although I did not install any new app for months all background provesses (like GooglePlay) cannot be started. Is this maybe because of updates of installed apps?...
Anyway I deinstalled TripAdvisor which needed full 45 MB ( and cannot be moved to SD card at all). But this did not help at all (reboot done)! I still have the same memory problems now and now cannot run my ROM CM9. Why not? Why the deinstallations don't help??...
Today, 01:32 PM   |  #9  
Flag Aligarh

1,400 posts
More
Quote:

back again from holiday...
So what would you suggest what I can do?
To 1: How much memory do I win in average with INT2EXT or the others? Can I install e.g. double the number of apps then?...
To 2: Your answer stands for which scripts? All the three? Or only INT2EXT, INT2EXT4 maybe?...
Could you explain why exactly the speed reduction appears? (isn't the fix part of an app also loaded in the fast RAM when started. So isn't it more a question of available RAM than speed?...)
To 3: Changing to another script would mean to flash the whole ROM again?... Or isn't there a way to delete my actual INT2EXT+ before installing e.g. INT2EXT?... Or is there still another way to exchange my script??...
4.) At last I couldn't even start my mobile at all! Although I did not install any new app for months all background provesses (like GooglePlay) cannot be started. Is this maybe because of updates of installed apps?...
Anyway I deinstalled TripAdvisor which needed full 45 MB ( and cannot be moved to SD card at all). But this did not help at all (reboot done)! I still have the same memory problems now and now cannot run my ROM CM9. Why not? Why the deinstallations don't help??...

1. You will definitely be able to install more apps, but the exact number depends on the apps you use.
2. (2) stands for the difference between INT2EXT/INT2EXT4 and INT2EXT+
3. You simply can't change scripts, you will have to make a clean install and then use another script.
4. That happens sometimes, I generally reflash the ROM to get rid of this.
Today, 02:55 PM   |  #10  
OP Member
Flag Karlsruhe

44 posts
More
thank you vrey much, csoulr666, for answering !!

Unfortunately there are still answer details left...
To 1: What is it that makes the space bigger? Isn't it just the data part which normally is very low? (s. http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...-d2ext-int2ext) So I suppose that there would be no big win of space with INT2EXT instead of INT2EXT+. What do you say?
1b.) How can I measure/read and estimate the left telephon space which is too small/missing in my case? (you know, all my storage values are okay currently but I have this problem anyway!)
1c.) What happens if I move apps to SD card by Options/Apps although INT2EXT+ is working?... And can this help?
T0 2: Again, could you please explain why exactly the speed reduction appears? I don't understand this. (isn't the data part of an app also loaded in the fast RAM when started. So isn't it more a question of available RAM than speed?...)
To 3: This is very bad news. It would mean much work for me if I really had to reinstall the ROM.
So are you pretty sure? Did you try already? I e.g. could imagine that there might be an extra transfer/exchange script from the author. Or a script exchange is already supported by the scripts. Oe.
See, the INT2EXT would also move the data part. So as this is NOT done yet (INT2EXT+) the new script (INT2EXT) would just have to complete this by moving them also to SD. I would imagine that this should work, shouldn't it?
3b.) Do you know where the script is located?... And shouldn't a new flash just overwrite it (both are very simular anyway!)? (maybe it can be done manually as well??...)
To 4: Isn't that strange? How can that happen? Why do you say 'sometimes'? Own experiences?
What can be the reason for this sometime problem?... How can I double-check that? Or is there maybe any option necessary to say the system to re-read the storage values?... Or... Who else can I ask?

Which phone do you have and which scripts did you try already?
If you cannot answer some questions... Can I reach the writer of the INT2EXT scripts maybe?... (if I may write him under cronic_corey@hotmail.com ?...)
Last edited by Falk2; Today at 03:13 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm9, googleplay download, int2ext+
Previous Thread Next Thread