[Q] cyanogenmod 11 works for 48hrs then fails

OP carlshuff

27th August 2014, 02:21 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
More
hiya,

i recently upgraded to cyanogenmod 11 RC9 marvel, flashed cronmod int2ext_signed and gapps4.4 tocache 20140605, it works fine for about 48hrs then i get trebucket failure that wont clear, try to reboot and it just hangs at the loading screen. i have to pull the batteyr and re flash it all from clockwork, any ideas anyone?
27th August 2014, 04:25 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
More
Question *update*
This happened again this morning, restarting the phone in recovery then wipe data/factory reset allows me to reboot the phone without having to reinstall the rom, but lose gapps and cronmod. The version of Rom i'm using is Olivers page marked as stable.
27th August 2014, 08:16 PM   |  #3  
In this Planet
Thanks Meter: 50

165 posts
More
I used that build (more then 7 days) without any issue and I think also that build is STABLE.
Question: If you are using "CronMod" then why you flash "GApps to cache"?
Advice: If you are interested with CronMod then flash INT2EXT4+ or INT2EXTV2+ and GApps light with fresh install/flash. Also do not install unsupported (with this ROM) APPs on your device.
27th August 2014, 08:56 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
More
Thumbs up heya
Quote:
Originally Posted by testmasterbd

I used that build (more then 7 days) without any issue and I think also that build is STABLE.
Question: If you are using "CronMod" then why you flash "GApps to cache"?
Advice: If you are interested with CronMod then flash INT2EXT4+ or INT2EXTV2+ and GApps light with fresh install/flash. Also do not install unsupported (with this ROM) APPs on your device.

thanks for the reply,

i'm pretty new to all this so i flashed the Gapps to cache from just following advice on the pages and pages of posts on Olivers thread.

from what i've read, the CronMod INT2EXTV2+ and INT2EST4+ both still use the internal memory(partially) to speed the phone up, is this correct? memory is a valuable commodity on the WFS!

can you define unsupported apps please?

i've just flashed the latest nightly version from olivers link

thanks again
27th August 2014, 09:19 PM   |  #5  
In this Planet
Thanks Meter: 50

165 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlshuff

from what i've read, the CronMod INT2EXTV2+ and INT2EST4+ both still use the internal memory(partially) to speed the phone up, is this correct? memory is a valuable commodity on the WFS!

Yes

Quote:

can you define unsupported apps please?

There are too many! e.g. Facebook - as I found this app works well for first two days! After that it's crashed

Sent from Wildfire S A510e
27th August 2014, 09:50 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
More
Red face
Quote:
Originally Posted by testmasterbd

Yes

There are too many! e.g. Facebook - as I found this app works well for first two days! After that it's crashed

Sent from Wildfire S A510e

so, is unsupported different from compatible? google play says fb is compatible and came with the stock ROM?
30th August 2014, 01:34 PM   |  #7  

3 posts
More
Google application
Hi I need any version of google search and google chrome for Oliver's CyanogenMod 11.
31st August 2014, 01:42 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 43

269 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikerer

Hi I need any version of google search and google chrome for Oliver's CyanogenMod 11.

No such thing for ARMv6 roms
4th September 2014, 12:40 AM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
More
Thumbs up YAY
@testmasterbd

8 days now with Gapps light and CronMod INT2EXTV2+ completely trouble free, all installed apps (strava etc) working well

thanks for your advice

Carl
4th September 2014, 03:08 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 2

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlshuff

@testmasterbd

8 days now with Gapps light and CronMod INT2EXTV2+ completely trouble free, all installed apps (strava etc) working well

thanks for your advice

Carl

I install this below package, 3 days early, and i install titanium backup, i think, it be reason com.android.phone error, and uninstall.

Since 6 hour, no problem:
sms,
3G internet,
google market,
phone
bluetooth send/receving file (i install bluetoot file transfer)
i will check igo app. (its offline gps app)
And I offer app with this rom :

>> greenfy ( it is frozen application, I check development mode > cpu usage greenfy must install all android phone)

>> locker master (because pattern lock dot very small in this ROM)

PACKAGE :

CWM recovery 6.0.5.3 (recovery.img) link= http://forum.xda-developers.com/devd...ct/dl/?id=8015
WFSY11.0-WFS-V6.0.zip link= http://forum.xda-developers.com/devd...5052#downloads
Gapps-KK-4.4.0-Signed.zip link= Google Drive: http://goo.gl/byzNy7
CronMod-INT2EXT+_signed.zip link= http://fs1.d-h.st/download/00030/Otj...%2B_signed.zip

INSTRUCTION :

Wildfire S - class 10 sdcard
fat32 32kb primary
ext4 default primary
flash rom > reboot system (so so 10 minute) > wait while view android dekstop > power off with press power button
>power on + volume decrease button> recovery CWM 6.0.5.3 seeing>select zip from sdcard and gapps... zip > wipe dalvik cache > reboot system now > wait while view android dekstop >power off with press power button>power on + volume decrease button> select zip from sdcard and CronMod-INT2EXT+_signed.zip select and wait while install progess>select reboot system now>that's all enjoy

thanks admin, good work ..
Last edited by yoholo; 4th September 2014 at 03:23 PM. Reason: I forget bluetooth and gps

The Following User Says Thank You to yoholo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread