[Q] SOLVED brick with chili peppers: Logo-hboot, NO os/rec/bl and can't install bl:(

Search This thread

leetling

Feb 25, 2011
Hai,
long time lurker here...
I've managed to get my hands on a Wildfire S, yet there are so many anomalies with it that now I'm turning to the collective...
Problem
Phone's seem only to be soft-bricked/non bricked, there is hboot, htc logo, but no OS and seemingly no bootloader either. Managed to charge its battery to the minimal level (around 3.86+) and can now freely enter into hboot.
I wanted to just install a quick recovery, some stable custom rom...now get very interesting
MARVEL PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
HBOOT-0.90.0000 (!)
RADIO.7.46.35.08
Apr 8 2011 etc

-When trying to install recovery through fastboot, it gives the error "NOT ALLOWED". Tried cwmod and twrp and a custom zip, no luck
-This made me think that loaders locked too, so I tried HTCDEV, but was unable to get the indentifier token and the hboot update was unsuccessful (written in several ways, just to be sure). ERROR: Command error!!!
-Also tried searching for custom firmware and bootloader unlock methods, but nearly all the links are offline by now...
...the phone seem to be unlocked and rooted, yet the hboot is ancient, there is no bootloader (it just shows the htc screen upon restart) and there is seemingly no way for me alone to find a solution to install anything
Any leads for the bootloader to work would be very much appreciated!!!! ty

UPDATE: solved possibly by trial and error:
1) try out
https://drive.google.c om/folderview?id=0B5cR4v1TTgVVOVRad0dNTERkcFU&usp= sharing these bootloaders through hboot as SD-card auto-install (fat32). Each time you update check whether the hboot FW and/or the logo screen is updated. Thats the one to stick with
2) Install
https://drive.google.co m/file/d/0B5cR4v1TTgVVOUppMVc4eTk1X0E/view?usp=sharing this all-in-one rom package through hboot/SDcard. Every time the filename must be "PG76IMG.ZIP" (its possible that this is all what you need as its installs the stock recovery along with the stock 2.3 rom
3) from there you can just install CWmod or TWRP via apk/market -> flash preferred custom

Last edited: