FORUMS

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Optimize Battery Life with This Useful App

Battery life is an important aspect of your smartphone, especially if you use it for more … more

The OnePlus 2 & The Year of Smartphone Compromises

We are very close to entering the last third of 2015, and we have now seen many of … more

OnePlus 2 Teardown, Major Android Vulnerability – XDA TV

The OnePlus 2 has been officially released. That and much more news is … more

Problem on flashing CronMod

43 posts
Thanks Meter: 1
 
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi there,

I am using CM11 by Olivier, CWM v6. I am trying to flash CronMod INT2EXTV2+ to increase internal storage. Unfortunately, I experienced Installation aborted every time. I tried to download from phone directly and PC, but still can't solve the problem. Can anyone help me?
 
 
21st August 2014, 10:19 AM |#2  
puji's Avatar
Member
Flag Pasuruan
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
Smile try CronMod-INT2EXT4+,
CronMod-INT2EXT4+_signed.zip
2nd September 2014, 07:41 AM |#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanto0115

Hi there,

I am using CM11 by Olivier, CWM v6. I am trying to flash CronMod INT2EXTV2+ to increase internal storage. Unfortunately, I experienced Installation aborted every time. I tried to download from phone directly and PC, but still can't solve the problem. Can anyone help me?

Please answer the following questions to be able to help you better.

1. Do you have a working sdcard installed on your phone ? (silly, but important)
2. Have you made the appropriate partitions on your sdcard ? (usually 3 partitions are required; 1 fat,1 ext and 1 swap)
3. Does your kernel have init.d support?
9th September 2014, 03:34 PM |#4  
OP Member
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cortezthekiller

Please answer the following questions to be able to help you better.

1. Do you have a working sdcard installed on your phone ? (silly, but important)
2. Have you made the appropriate partitions on your sdcard ? (usually 3 partitions are required; 1 fat,1 ext and 1 swap)
3. Does your kernel have init.d support?

1. I have a working SanDisk 4GB sdcard.
2. What is that? I have no idea?
3. I didn't install any kernel.

Thx,
9th September 2014, 05:21 PM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanto0115

1. I have a working SanDisk 4GB sdcard.
2. What is that? I have no idea?
3. I didn't install any kernel.

Thx,

Since you are using CM11 by Olivier, I believe it supports init.d. No issues there.
So, the reason CronMod script is not working for you is that you don't have appropriate partitions on your sdcard. CronMod script "increases" your internal memory by basically mounting the external sdcard partition as your internal memory. For this to be possible, sdcard should have a partition formatted as ext2/ext4 file system.

In simpler words, I would recommend you to create atleast two partitions on your sdcard both primary. One of them should have ext2 file system and the other fat32. (ext2 will be mounted as internal memory and fat32 will be your "normally" usable sdcard). Having a swap partition is optional.
I am running CronMod Int2ExtV2+ Script with following partition scheme on a 4GB sdcard.

Partition1- fat32 (2.5 GB)
Partition2- ext2 (1 GB)
Partition3- swap (512 MB)

**Please backup your data and start afresh with your ROM**

Here is a handy guide for creating partitions on your sdcard.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki...d_partitioning

Happy to help...
XDA has this really cool feature for acknowledging help, "THE THANKS BUTTON", use it.
Last edited by cortezthekiller; 10th September 2014 at 04:51 PM. Reason: as pointed out by aWFSuser
10th September 2014, 01:18 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Flag Howrah
Thanks Meter: 35
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cortezthekiller

Partition1- ext2 (1 GB)
Partition2- fat32 (2.5 GB)
Partition3- swap (512 MB)

That's not right. The first partition have to be FAT32 for use as sdcard and the 2nd one will be ext2/3/4. Just reverse Partition 1 and 2.
10th September 2014, 04:54 PM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aWFSuser

That's not right. The first partition have to be FAT32 for use as sdcard and the 2nd one will be ext2/3/4. Just reverse Partition 1 and 2.

Well, at the time of posting, I didn't mean that to be in any order. That's why I posted the link on how to create the partitions. But anyways, it can be confusing, so I changed it. Thanks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cronmod, flashing
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes