Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,481 Members 54,510 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Problem on flashing CronMod

Tip us?

ivanto0115
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question Problem on flashing CronMod

Hi there,

I am using CM11 by Olivier, CWM v6. I am trying to flash CronMod INT2EXTV2+ to increase internal storage. Unfortunately, I experienced Installation aborted every time. I tried to download from phone directly and PC, but still can't solve the problem. Can anyone help me?

puji
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Smile try CronMod-INT2EXT4+,

CronMod-INT2EXT4+_signed.zip
sorry for bad my english

Device :
- HTC Wildfire S A510e [Marvel]
- Bootloader unlocked - S-ON
- [CWM 5.0.2.8]
- [AOKP][MARVEL] [4.0.4] with PurePerformances™X

cortezthekiller
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanto0115 View Post
Hi there,

I am using CM11 by Olivier, CWM v6. I am trying to flash CronMod INT2EXTV2+ to increase internal storage. Unfortunately, I experienced Installation aborted every time. I tried to download from phone directly and PC, but still can't solve the problem. Can anyone help me?
Please answer the following questions to be able to help you better.

1. Do you have a working sdcard installed on your phone ? (silly, but important)
2. Have you made the appropriate partitions on your sdcard ? (usually 3 partitions are required; 1 fat,1 ext and 1 swap)
3. Does your kernel have init.d support?

ivanto0115
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cortezthekiller View Post
Please answer the following questions to be able to help you better.

1. Do you have a working sdcard installed on your phone ? (silly, but important)
2. Have you made the appropriate partitions on your sdcard ? (usually 3 partitions are required; 1 fat,1 ext and 1 swap)
3. Does your kernel have init.d support?
1. I have a working SanDisk 4GB sdcard.
2. What is that? I have no idea?
3. I didn't install any kernel.

Thx,

cortezthekiller
Old
(Last edited by cortezthekiller; 10th September 2014 at 04:51 PM.) Reason: as pointed out by aWFSuser
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanto0115 View Post
1. I have a working SanDisk 4GB sdcard.
2. What is that? I have no idea?
3. I didn't install any kernel.

Thx,
Since you are using CM11 by Olivier, I believe it supports init.d. No issues there.
So, the reason CronMod script is not working for you is that you don't have appropriate partitions on your sdcard. CronMod script "increases" your internal memory by basically mounting the external sdcard partition as your internal memory. For this to be possible, sdcard should have a partition formatted as ext2/ext4 file system.

In simpler words, I would recommend you to create atleast two partitions on your sdcard both primary. One of them should have ext2 file system and the other fat32. (ext2 will be mounted as internal memory and fat32 will be your "normally" usable sdcard). Having a swap partition is optional.
I am running CronMod Int2ExtV2+ Script with following partition scheme on a 4GB sdcard.

Partition1- fat32 (2.5 GB)
Partition2- ext2 (1 GB)
Partition3- swap (512 MB)

**Please backup your data and start afresh with your ROM**

Here is a handy guide for creating partitions on your sdcard.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki...d_partitioning

Happy to help...
XDA has this really cool feature for acknowledging help, "THE THANKS BUTTON", use it.

aWFSuser
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by cortezthekiller View Post
Partition1- ext2 (1 GB)
Partition2- fat32 (2.5 GB)
Partition3- swap (512 MB)
That's not right. The first partition have to be FAT32 for use as sdcard and the 2nd one will be ext2/3/4. Just reverse Partition 1 and 2.

cortezthekiller
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by aWFSuser View Post
That's not right. The first partition have to be FAT32 for use as sdcard and the 2nd one will be ext2/3/4. Just reverse Partition 1 and 2.
Well, at the time of posting, I didn't mean that to be in any order. That's why I posted the link on how to create the partitions. But anyways, it can be confusing, so I changed it. Thanks.

Tags
cronmod, flashing