Speed difference between Classes 4 and 10 when using EXT scripts

OP csoulr666

21st August 2014, 04:37 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Aligarh
Thanks Meter: 404

1,409 posts
More
I have 32 gig Class 10 SD card lying around with me and have been thinking of partitioning and using it in my ol' WFS. But before doing that I need to ask, Is there a visible difference in speeds compared to a Class 4 SD card? Particularly using INT2EXT4?

Has anyone made such a transition between SD card classes and noticed a difference of speed in day to day use? I'm not talking benchmarks here as they are performed in a synthetic environment rather than a normal one
21st August 2014, 05:15 PM   |  #2  
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 233

407 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by csoulr666

I have 32 gig Class 10 SD card lying around with me and have been thinking of partitioning and using it in my ol' WFS. But before doing that I need to ask, Is there a visible difference in speeds compared to a Class 4 SD card? Particularly using INT2EXT4?

Has anyone made such a transition between SD card classes and noticed a difference of speed in day to day use? I'm not talking benchmarks here as they are performed in a synthetic environment rather than a normal one

class 10 is the best in read write speed compared to class 4
21st August 2014, 05:32 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Aligarh
Thanks Meter: 404

1,409 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by @SidDev

class 10 is the best in read write speed compared to class 4

I'm not asking read speeds, I'm asking people who have switched from Class 4 to Class 10 SD cards on the WFS about changes in performance when using an EXT scripts like INT2EXT
22nd August 2014, 02:05 AM   |  #4  
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 233

407 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by csoulr666

I'm not asking read speeds, I'm asking people who have switched from Class 4 to Class 10 SD cards on the WFS about changes in performance when using an EXT scripts like INT2EXT

of course the performance is more better with these scripts.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread