Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,502 Members 41,995 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Speed difference between Classes 4 and 10 when using EXT scripts

Tip us?
 
csoulr666
Old
#1  
csoulr666's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 399
Posts: 1,392
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Aligarh
Default Speed difference between Classes 4 and 10 when using EXT scripts

I have 32 gig Class 10 SD card lying around with me and have been thinking of partitioning and using it in my ol' WFS. But before doing that I need to ask, Is there a visible difference in speeds compared to a Class 4 SD card? Particularly using INT2EXT4?

Has anyone made such a transition between SD card classes and noticed a difference of speed in day to day use? I'm not talking benchmarks here as they are performed in a synthetic environment rather than a normal one
If thou art commit a sin,thy reaper will punish thee!!!

Primary Phone:HTC One Mini 2
Current Rom:Stock Sense 6

Secondary Phone:HTC Wildfire S
Current Rom:CyanogenMod 9
Username Pronounciation:"See-soul-are-triple-six"

You are not the only living person with a problem! Search a bit before posting
 
@SidDev
Old
#2  
@SidDev's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 179
Posts: 375
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Kolkata
Quote:
Originally Posted by csoulr666 View Post
I have 32 gig Class 10 SD card lying around with me and have been thinking of partitioning and using it in my ol' WFS. But before doing that I need to ask, Is there a visible difference in speeds compared to a Class 4 SD card? Particularly using INT2EXT4?

Has anyone made such a transition between SD card classes and noticed a difference of speed in day to day use? I'm not talking benchmarks here as they are performed in a synthetic environment rather than a normal one
class 10 is the best in read write speed compared to class 4
happy to help you .
 
csoulr666
Old
#3  
csoulr666's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 399
Posts: 1,392
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Aligarh
Quote:
Originally Posted by @SidDev View Post
class 10 is the best in read write speed compared to class 4
I'm not asking read speeds, I'm asking people who have switched from Class 4 to Class 10 SD cards on the WFS about changes in performance when using an EXT scripts like INT2EXT
If thou art commit a sin,thy reaper will punish thee!!!

Primary Phone:HTC One Mini 2
Current Rom:Stock Sense 6

Secondary Phone:HTC Wildfire S
Current Rom:CyanogenMod 9
Username Pronounciation:"See-soul-are-triple-six"

You are not the only living person with a problem! Search a bit before posting
 
@SidDev
Old
#4  
@SidDev's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 179
Posts: 375
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Kolkata
Quote:
Originally Posted by csoulr666 View Post
I'm not asking read speeds, I'm asking people who have switched from Class 4 to Class 10 SD cards on the WFS about changes in performance when using an EXT scripts like INT2EXT
of course the performance is more better with these scripts.
happy to help you .
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes