Pushbullet Universal Copy/Paste Availabe for Linux, Mac OS X

Pushbullet is one of those useful utilities that once installed, permanently … more

Enable the Hidden Notification LED on the Google Nexus 6!

LED notification lights have existed on Android devices since the very beginnings … more

MX Player Ready to Rock on Lollipop

A good video player should be reliable and free. One of the XDA Community Apps, MX Player, meets both of … more

How to Disable Data Encryption on Nexus 6

In late September, Google decided to step on NSA’s toes and turn on encryption by default in … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Viber Problem

OP 4everwfs

4th September 2014, 06:28 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 9

52 posts
More
Hello my friends i have Wildfire S CM10.1 CWM v5.0.2.8 without GAPPS flashed and i download from a site the original VIBER apk.I install it to my phone.It work perfect it send me the code etc. but when i get in to the app it can't read my contacts so i can't see who of my friends has viber or even chat.what should i do?is there any solution?I think that i have to install GAPPS because when i get in the settings and i press to import an account in other apps (shazam,yahoo,etc.) it just take me to the page i was before without any message or crash...

THANKS for everyone who help me

sorry for bad English :/
6th September 2014, 07:50 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

15 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everwfs

Hello my friends i have Wildfire S CM10.1 CWM v5.0.2.8 without GAPPS flashed and i download from a site the original VIBER apk.I install it to my phone.It work perfect it send me the code etc. but when i get in to the app it can't read my contacts so i can't see who of my friends has viber or even chat.what should i do?is there any solution?I think that i have to install GAPPS because when i get in the settings and i press to import an account in other apps (shazam,yahoo,etc.) it just take me to the page i was before without any message or crash...

THANKS for everyone who help me

sorry for bad English :/

I am not sure but, I doubt its got anything to do with gapps. You should check the "sync option" under both your device settings and viber settings.
Last edited by cortezthekiller; 6th September 2014 at 08:28 AM.
6th September 2014, 10:36 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Athens

52 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cortezthekiller

I am not sure but, I doubt its got anything to do with gapps. You should check the "sync option" under both your device settings and viber settings.

ok i'll check it and i will tell you!
6th September 2014, 11:19 AM   |  #4  
OP Member
Flag Athens

52 posts
More
Quote:

still nothing my friend it can't sync my contacts! :/
6th September 2014, 03:37 PM   |  #5  

15 posts
More
Can you post the viber apk you are using and link to the ROM you are running ?
7th September 2014, 03:38 PM   |  #6  
OP Member
Flag Athens

52 posts
More
Quote:

Can you post the viber apk you are using and link to the ROM you are running ?

CM-10.1-Release-Candidate-v3.0-[OWLPROJECT]

http://www.appsapk.com/viber-free-calls-messages/

I can't remember the link of ROM but thats the whole name of it!
8th September 2014, 11:25 AM   |  #7  

15 posts
More
According to Viber, "Some Android devices require that your contacts are synced to your Google account before being able to sync them to Viber". Also, they say its a known issue and they are working on resolving it in future versions. Untill then my friend, you would need gapps.

You can check the Viber Documentation here, http://support.viber.com/customer/po...s#.VA1nQvmSwlU

** flashing gapps and adding a google account did resolve the syncing issue.**
Last edited by cortezthekiller; 8th September 2014 at 11:32 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to cortezthekiller For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th September 2014, 03:52 PM   |  #8  
OP Member
Flag Athens

52 posts
More
Quote:

According to Viber, "Some Android devices require that your contacts are synced to your Google account before being able to sync them to Viber". Also, they say its a known issue and they are working on resolving it in future versions. Untill then my friend, you would need gapps.

You can check the Viber Documentation here, http://support.viber.com/customer/po...s#.VA1nQvmSwlU

** flashing gapps and adding a google account did resolve the syncing issue.**

Thanks a lot my friend i hope they find a solution or make a patch file to work :/

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
viber can't read contacts, wildfire s viber problem
Previous Thread Next Thread