XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Viber Problem

Tip us?

4everwfs
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default [Q] Viber Problem

Hello my friends i have Wildfire S CM10.1 CWM v5.0.2.8 without GAPPS flashed and i download from a site the original VIBER apk.I install it to my phone.It work perfect it send me the code etc. but when i get in to the app it can't read my contacts so i can't see who of my friends has viber or even chat.what should i do?is there any solution?I think that i have to install GAPPS because when i get in the settings and i press to import an account in other apps (shazam,yahoo,etc.) it just take me to the page i was before without any message or crash...

THANKS for everyone who help me

sorry for bad English :/

cortezthekiller
Old
(Last edited by cortezthekiller; 6th September 2014 at 07:28 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everwfs View Post
Hello my friends i have Wildfire S CM10.1 CWM v5.0.2.8 without GAPPS flashed and i download from a site the original VIBER apk.I install it to my phone.It work perfect it send me the code etc. but when i get in to the app it can't read my contacts so i can't see who of my friends has viber or even chat.what should i do?is there any solution?I think that i have to install GAPPS because when i get in the settings and i press to import an account in other apps (shazam,yahoo,etc.) it just take me to the page i was before without any message or crash...

THANKS for everyone who help me

sorry for bad English :/
I am not sure but, I doubt its got anything to do with gapps. You should check the "sync option" under both your device settings and viber settings.

4everwfs
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by cortezthekiller View Post
I am not sure but, I doubt its got anything to do with gapps. You should check the "sync option" under both your device settings and viber settings.
ok i'll check it and i will tell you!

4everwfs
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
still nothing my friend it can't sync my contacts! :/

cortezthekiller
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Can you post the viber apk you are using and link to the ROM you are running ?

4everwfs
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Can you post the viber apk you are using and link to the ROM you are running ?
CM-10.1-Release-Candidate-v3.0-[OWLPROJECT]

http://www.appsapk.com/viber-free-calls-messages/

I can't remember the link of ROM but thats the whole name of it!

cortezthekiller
Old
(Last edited by cortezthekiller; 8th September 2014 at 10:32 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
According to Viber, "Some Android devices require that your contacts are synced to your Google account before being able to sync them to Viber". Also, they say its a known issue and they are working on resolving it in future versions. Untill then my friend, you would need gapps.

You can check the Viber Documentation here, http://support.viber.com/customer/po...s#.VA1nQvmSwlU

** flashing gapps and adding a google account did resolve the syncing issue.**
The Following User Says Thank You to cortezthekiller For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

4everwfs
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
According to Viber, "Some Android devices require that your contacts are synced to your Google account before being able to sync them to Viber". Also, they say its a known issue and they are working on resolving it in future versions. Untill then my friend, you would need gapps.

You can check the Viber Documentation here, http://support.viber.com/customer/po...s#.VA1nQvmSwlU

** flashing gapps and adding a google account did resolve the syncing issue.**
Thanks a lot my friend i hope they find a solution or make a patch file to work :/

Tags
viber can't read contacts, wildfire s viber problem