XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Honor X1 - Three UK sim no data access

Tip us?

yetiweston
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHRH View Post
Thanks for that. Can you get a 4G signal on your M1 by the way?
Yeah, I get a strong 4G signal in most places, generally get download speeds between 30-40 Mb/s as well so great for streaming/downloading

bvannier
Old
(Last edited by bvannier; 31st August 2014 at 05:37 PM.) Reason: more
Thanks Meter 19
Question 32GB internal

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHRH View Post
Hi,

Hope Im not duplicating anything here. I've got a massive problem. I use the Three UK network on PAYG and take the all in one 15 bundle, giving me a great deal - 300 mins, 3000 texts and totally unlimited 4G data with no worries that I'll ever spend more than 15 quid a month on my phone.

The massive problem is that now I've bought what I thought was the perfect device, The Honor X1 LTE with 32GB internal, I can't use the Three sim card for data. It tells me I have to buy a data sim to use the internet on the go. The sim thinks the phone is a tablet.

I'm now at a point where I have several crap options:

1) I have to change to a different network, assuming it's possible to use data on a phone sim card in the Honor mediapad x1 on other networks.
2) Use the phone with no mobile data access.
3) Sell the phone.
4) Work out how to make the sim card stop thinking it's a tablet.

Please somebody, help me out here. Does anyone have a UK sim which works on the X1 with calls, texts and mobile data for a decent monthly cost?

Thanks in advance,

HRH.
Dear Sir,
I am an old newbie, BUT, I read somewhere that the 32GB internal might be the guilty because the carriers considers tha it Has to be a tablet PC With 16GB memory the problem is gone.
SO SORRY this is not how to fix your problem but it seems to be the reason.
Kindly yours from an old man
Huawei mediapad X1-7D 501L kITkAT Maj 102

Moandal
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by bvannier View Post
Dear Sir,
I am an old newbie, BUT, I read somewhere that the 32GB internal might be the guilty because the carriers considers tha it Has to be a tablet PC With 16GB memory the problem is gone.
SO SORRY this is not how to fix your problem but it seems to be the reason.
Kindly yours from an old man
What nonsense! Plenty of phones have 32GB or more internal storage these days and none of them have this problem with 3 UK.

DrHRH
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moandal View Post
What nonsense! Plenty of phones have 32GB or more internal storage these days and none of them have this problem with 3 UK.
That's what I was thinking, to be honest!
Tags
access, mediapad x1, problem, sim, three data