After using the Galaxy Note 2 and then the Note 3 for more than 2 years I've reached the conclusion that I need a phablet with a screen as big as my pocket and hand can fit, since my phablet is my portable office. I use it mainly for work and the bigger the screen, the better. I'm also tired of the terrible sunlight legibility of the Note series. As such, I'm seriously considering the Mediapad X1.
I've been reading the threads on XDA and searching the web for all the info I can get, but a few issues are still a bit unclear to me. If any of these questions has been asked before, my apologies. I did search the forum but something might have slipped or maybe I didn't understand it. So, what I'd like to ask is:
1) I live in Europe and have a 4G data plan. My carrier's LTE network has the following characteristics:
Frequency (MHz) / Band / Duplex Mode
800 / 20 / FDD
1800 / 3 / FDD
2600 / 7 / FDD
What is the manufacturer's code for the 16GB black 4G FDD & TDD version of the Mediapad X1? The specs that most online sites and ebay sellers post are general at best and I want to be sure I'm getting the right model.
2) Is there an official KitKat ROM available for download (not OTA)? If so, does it support English? Is it rootable (deal breaker for me)?
3) There seems to be an issue with the screens DPI in the latest ROM (whatever it is) but I didn't quite understand what the problem is?
4) Can I make the home row disappear in the international version of the phone and have an uncluttered full screen or is this only possible in the Chinese version?
5) I've noticed that the device seems to be out of stock on most online dealers. Is this just a momentary situation or has the phone been discontinued?