Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,429 Members 53,629 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Mediapad X1 7.0 firmaware

Tip us?
 
mm3omar
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 12
Join Date: Mar 2013
Default Mediapad X1 7.0 firmaware

Hello every one,

I bought huawei mediapad x1 7.0 from egypt
with build number 7D-501uV100R001C358B002
Baseband 21.526.00.00.000

while surfing the internet yesterday i found a site with developer called SoCr@Te
http://www.needrom.com/

which i found an update to this mobile 7D-501u V100R001C233B017
http://www.needrom.com/mobile/x1-7d-501u-3/

the question is would be there any problem to flash this update to my phone ???? because they say ( chineses channel )

second if there any problem could i downgrade to another version or the original firmware and how ????????????

with regards
 
wxppro
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 28
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm3omar View Post
Hello every one,

I bought huawei mediapad x1 7.0 from egypt
with build number 7D-501uV100R001C358B002
Baseband 21.526.00.00.000

while surfing the internet yesterday i found a site with developer called SoCr@Te
http://www.needrom.com/

which i found an update to this mobile 7D-501u V100R001C233B017
http://www.needrom.com/mobile/x1-7d-501u-3/

the question is would be there any problem to flash this update to my phone ???? because they say ( chineses channel )

second if there any problem could i downgrade to another version or the original firmware and how ????????????

with regards

Mine is 7D-501u. Flashing B017 is not a problem. When you reboot, it will ask you what language you want to use. I do not see a language listed for Egypt, but there are English/Spanish/French/Italian/Deutsch/Portugue, and Chinese.

I would like to suggest that you download from the official Huawei website:

http://consumer.huawei.com/cn/suppor...x.htm?id=21804

It is in Chinese but you will find the download symbol/link on the right side. Extract the zip file, and put the files on an SD card, reboot the phone and you are good to go.

You can downgrade following the same procedure, as long as you have the firmware files on the SD card. Make sure you make a copy of your current/original firmware.
The Following User Says Thank You to wxppro For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
mm3omar
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 12
Join Date: Mar 2013
first of all thank you wxppro
second could you please send screen shot, especially can the navigation bar be hidden or auto hide???
at last how could take a copy of my original firmware??

with regards
 
wxppro
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 28
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm3omar View Post
first of all thank you wxppro
second could you please send screen shot, especially can the navigation bar be hidden or auto hide???
at last how could take a copy of my original firmware??

with regards
The navigation bar can be hidden or unhidden by swiping from the bottom.

The easiest thing for you to do seems to be (1) find out the current version of your current firmware through Settings --> Updates --> System Updates, and then (2) search the Internet to find and download the firmware.
The Following User Says Thank You to wxppro For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
digedi
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxppro View Post
The navigation bar can be hidden or unhidden by swiping from the bottom.

The easiest thing for you to do seems to be (1) find out the current version of your current firmware through Settings --> Updates --> System Updates, and then (2) search the Internet to find and download the firmware.
I was wondering if you could check if the Permission Manager is included in this firmware? It should be part of the Phone Manager app.
Unfortunately it is missing from the International one (B003).
Thanks in advance.
 
itsraining2008
Old
#6  
itsraining2008's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 103
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Muse
You can download 4.4.2 with emotion UI 2.3 at www.emui.com
for 7D-501u
for 7D-503L
Nokia Lumia 920
Galaxy Note
Sony Xperia X1i
hTC Mozart
MediaPad X1
hTC Desire 700c
 
acuratlsfan
Old
#7  
Member
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 68
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm3omar View Post
Hello every one,

I bought huawei mediapad x1 7.0 from egypt
with build number 7D-501uV100R001C358B002
Baseband 21.526.00.00.000

while surfing the internet yesterday i found a site with developer called SoCr@Te
http://www.needrom.com/

which i found an update to this mobile 7D-501u V100R001C233B017
http://www.needrom.com/mobile/x1-7d-501u-3/

the question is would be there any problem to flash this update to my phone ???? because they say ( chineses channel )

second if there any problem could i downgrade to another version or the original firmware and how ????????????

with regards
That ROM link is just a mirror of the official rom from Huawei. Newest ROM for 501U is B007, Yes, the number went from B017 to B007, but B007 is newer.

Read this thread for all answers to your questions.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/huaw...-b007-t2811863
 
Moandal
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 31
Posts: 474
Join Date: Oct 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by acuratlsfan View Post
That ROM link is just a mirror of the official rom from Huawei. Newest ROM for 501U is B007, Yes, the number went from B017 to B007, but B007 is newer.

Read this thread for all answers to your questions.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/huaw...-b007-t2811863
Although it's B007 instead of B017, it's R002 instead of R001 - that's how you know it's newer. The B numbers reset when the R number goes up.

However I would warn against the B007 ROM, because it changes the dpi from 320 to 400 which ruins the UI.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Easily Combine Text and Manage Your Android Clipboard with StuffMerge

Android clipboard management has always been impractical without the … more

Pale Moon Browser Ported to Android

Having a wide choice of third party applications is one of the most beautiful things that Android has to … more

Partial Android Wear Source Uploaded to AOSP

2014 is certainly shaping up to be theyear of the wearables. And thanks to its innovative … more

Street Panorama Combines Google Maps and Street View into One App

Google Maps is a must have application forevery amateur world explorer. … more