Jan 30, 2007
Hanoi
camera test in HDR mode
IMG_20150425_194133-01_zpsumq9fwdh.jpeg

Reactions: mac231us

mac231us

Oct 26, 2010
EDIT (MULTIPLE)...see addnl info-X2 LL firmware

http://chinagadgetsreviews.blogspot.com/2015/04/download-android-lollipop-50-firmware_14.html

first link is most friendly...

https://mega.co.nz/#!qlMTRSgT!f-uQNN0Gs59etIMThRqe2t5aG14cFNbin55P20SzhlA

another download link

http://pan.baidu.com/s/1o6qSFCe

slow download

1.1gb

same as on phone

for someone who can/wants to pick up any development

I recall on k900 they would take the factory image and put the root, script into the image and repack it..had to be installed through like fastboot (did not have recovery for like the 6 months I had the phone)

---------- Post added at 10:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 AM ----------

Inside one of the txt files I found these 2 links..

see this link

http://www.netded.com/a/jingpinshouji/2015/0409/30348.html

looks like you use and update.app with the image on the sd card...reminds me again of sdfuse on lenovo k900

so thinking...am no expert..but if someone can put the root in the image..it could be flashed? (this is what was done on k900)

EDIT

pasted only text portion of the link above

translated

Huawei glory _ its glory X2 system upgrade X2 brush machine tutorial tutorials
Recommended Pick the wrong Www.netded.com posted: 2015-04-09 20:13

For about related Huawei glory X2 of upgrade tutorial, is upgrade official of system package, yesterday in officer online see we of this glory X2 of firmware package has released out has, following on main for said firmware package download down zhihou how with, because many novice is first times operation, no related of experience, so in here finishing has a Shang detailed of operation steps for everyone reference has, actually also not complex, main is in phone system in operation of, if you download has firmware package and and not knows how starts with of , Below, and mini phone network to watch detailed upgrade tutorial:
Huawei glory X2 getting ready for an upgrade:
1: download the official original firmware upgrade kit, click here to download , downloaded on to your computer
2 to ensure that cell phone with a USB data cable correctly connected to the computer, connected to a computer in order to copy the package to upgrade phone
3: cell phone to backup important information such as text messages and contacts
4 the phone until at least 40% per cent of electricity can be upgraded, remember: do not charge upgrade
II: X2 upgrade Huawei glory:
1: first, ensure that mobile phones have enough power!
2: extract the downloaded above official X2 firmware downloaded Huawei glory, extract obtained after DLOAD folder

3: then DLOAD folder copy the data cable to the phone's storage card's root directory, use

4: next mobile phone home screen select "settings the system update"-> options "menu"-> select "local upgrade", if the upgrade kit is placed in the outer card, select the "full package upgrade: UPDATE.APP (SD cards), card, if the upgrade package, select the" full package upgrade: UPDATE.APP (internal memory)

5 Select "installation", SD card upgrade reboot into recovery mode of the machine

6 access recovery upgrade interface displays as follows:

7: If the upgrade is successful, the machine will automatically reboot into the main system;

8: If the upgrade fails, you will see the following prompt interface:

Tip: If upgrade fails problems occur, check the SD card upgrade package is copied to the specified directory as required and whether the upgrade package for the SD card upgrade kit

(This article source) http://www.netded.com/a/jingpinshouji/2015/0409/30348.html

EDIT

How to read the update.app (only thing it is relative to ICS..so need to find out more)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2315547

EDIT

windows tool for extracting image again may be a bit outdated but less so

http://www.modaco.com/topic/364687-tool-huawei-update-extractor-updated-v0972/

Last edited:
Reactions: vuhongduong

mac231us

Oct 26, 2010
I am curious to see if the lollipop build on the X2 is 320 DPI or 400.
Also, the chassis is the same as X1, only difference is the color.

Could be a 320 lcd density in the rom.. so it appears to me though may be slightly less

EDIT pulled the build.prop
it is 480

plan to pull all the system files and see what is in there

Last edited:

mac231us

Oct 26, 2010
So the ROM is 400 dpi :(((((

why does it matter..honestly have seen folks getting all caught up in ever-decreasing dpi to the point things are unreadable...i understand personal choice..but i was surprised to see 480 (not 400) in the build prop ...why surprised? because characters font etc appear rather small to me...so it is not all large huge icons and fonts as one might think..to me it looks like a 320 on a 1920x1200 screen

but again understand if you are disappointed...but to me the rom is smooth..ui is smooth no crashes...everything works..sound quality excellent..youtube runs..mms calls basic stuff works and works well

and no echo issues like on CM builds (had enough of that...so much effort in all diffeent things on CM and they cannot get echo fixed...see One plus one forums..same echo issue maybe because it used CM base..lol..and then cm11 STILL has an issue from CM9 days (yes CM9 dating to 2011-12) where if you turn dial tones on...when putting input to say credit card or bank or any automated system that requires secondary input, the input is not recognized!...still till today)

so anyway lots to gripe on other roms too nothing is perfect..what I like is this runs cool and steady..cannot register for huawei id (not supported in my country US) so cannot get more themes etc..

anyway for now things are looking up (for me) relative to this device

Last edited:

mac231us

Oct 26, 2010
Hello Yuhongduong

Since you are based in Asia, can you download themes for this device by creating a Huawei Id? I am in the USA and cannot (does not allow me). Wondering if it would be possible for you to download and post the themes here (3 only on the phone)..they are the .hwt files sitting in the system/themes folder. Now since we do not have root, I was thinking that maybe more hwt files could be placed elsewhere and somehow loaded through the theme manager. Thanks

vuhongduong

Jan 30, 2007
Hanoi
Hello Yuhongduong

Since you are based in Asia, can you download themes for this device by creating a Huawei Id? I am in the USA and cannot (does not allow me). Wondering if it would be possible for you to download and post the themes here (3 only on the phone)..they are the .hwt files sitting in the system/themes folder. Now since we do not have root, I was thinking that maybe more hwt files could be placed elsewhere and somehow loaded through the theme manager. Thanks
Hi Mac231us, I live in Hanoi, Vietnam and, same to yo, I could not download any themes from Huawei even I have its ID. As I know, X2 could not be rooted till now.

mac231us

Oct 26, 2010
UPD to extract image files from update.app

I used the tool here to extract the files (used unknown device option)...not sure if it did it correctly but I have several discimage files now system, modem, recovery, fastboot, etc...total 2.29GB extracted from 1.1GB compressed rom file

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2433454

now need some skilled/dev person to step in and inject root and repack...then it can be flashed per procedure I posted earlier [so I think..:) ]

UPD;;so this link below seems to verify what I was thinking..hope someone please steps in and gets this to work?

(I have linux mint and may have a go at this..never done anything linux-related...ha ha...maybe I brick this device or never get anywhere close to it...anyway just something on side when I get time,,hopefully someone with the knowledge and tools can do this correctly)

http://mobilecon.info/rooting-huawei-mediapad-with-injecting-superuser.html#sthash.qmGGTK2L.dpbs

looking ahead once 702-l international rom is available, can theoretically MAYBE use that software to get other bands (not sure but this is what I saw was being discussed for the mediapad x1...same 2-3 versions..and they thought not sure if verified, that the hardware was the same (for the x1 versions) only software was different...but need root first)

Last edited:

namobe13

Apr 17, 2015
Hello.

Again I ask you what version you have google services? I have the Google Services 07/03/29 (1866531-440). Is that still have problems with google play store. I get error updating.

Last edited:

mac231us

Oct 26, 2010
Sent from my GEM-703L using XDA Free mobile app

Attachments

• 1430144488282.jpg
    1430144488282.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 300
  • 1430144507700.jpg
    1430144507700.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 298
  • 1430144530350.jpg
    1430144530350.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 298
Reactions: namobe13

mac231us

Oct 26, 2010
I had issues in the beginning where I had to delete account cleared all app data from all the Google apps, uninstall the services app reinstall reboot then add account again...since then all works

namobe13

Apr 17, 2015
I had issues in the beginning where I had to delete account cleared all app data from all the Google apps, uninstall the services app reinstall reboot then add account again...since then all works

Thanks for answering.
Then I need to install google services framework.
Where I can download the apk?

mac231us

Oct 26, 2010
have managed to get linux running and injected SU for arm64 into the system.img...but have no guts to fastboot this (last step),,,lol (as no way to restore like on samsung..flash through odin..here you are essentially stuck...unless there is some other way pc-based to restore factory state)..besides do not know if I did everything correctly but it seemed to run correctly

dfsteen

Jun 17, 2010
have managed to get linux running and injected SU for arm64 into the system.img...but have no guts to fastboot this (last step),,,lol (as no way to restore like on samsung..flash through odin..here you are essentially stuck...unless there is some other way pc-based to restore factory state)..besides do not know if I did everything correctly but it seemed to run correctly

Have you checked to see if you can get into the recovery mode? Supposedly it has the ability to flash updates from the sdcard. If that's the case, you could try flashing the original, unmodified, ROM. Then if that works, you can try flashing the modified ROM.

This way, if you brick the system, you know you can always reflash the unmodified one and get your system back.

The steps to get into recovery are (supposedly):

1) Power off
2) VOL up + Power ON

Just an idea...

mac231us

Oct 26, 2010
Have you checked to see if you can get into the recovery mode? Supposedly it has the ability to flash updates from the sdcard. If that's the case, you could try flashing the original, unmodified, ROM. Then if that works, you can try flashing the modified ROM.

This way, if you brick the system, you know you can always reflash the unmodified one and get your system back.

The steps to get into recovery are (supposedly):

1) Power off
2) VOL up + Power ON

Just an idea...

that is the sdfuse type flash on the lenovo k900..the inb file would be on sdcard and one could flash it without connecting to pc and needing fastboot...need to research this more (let me try the recovery part at least for now)
thanks

tried the recovery steps you gave

it took me to some emiui screen (like a recovery) but only 3 options..reboot..factory reset..wipe cache

Last edited:

dfsteen

Jun 17, 2010
that is the sdfuse type flash on the lenovo k900..the inb file would be on sdcard and one could flash it without connecting to pc and needing fastboot...need to research this more (let me try the recovery part at least for now)
thanks

tried the recovery steps you gave

it took me to some emiui screen (like a recovery) but only 3 options..reboot..factory reset..wipe cache

Did you try putting a flashable zip into the root of your sdcard? I've seen recoveries where the option only shows up if there is something to flash. In those cases it had to be named update.zip. You can get a flashable supersu from here: http://download.chainfire.eu/696/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip
(though it likely will not actually be able to be flashed with the stock recovery)

Last edited:

mac231us

Oct 26, 2010
Did you try putting a flashable zip into the root of your sdcard? I've seen recoveries where the option only shows up if there is something to flash. In those cases it had to be named update.zip. You can get a flashable supersu from here: http://download.chainfire.eu/696/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip
(though it likely will not actually be able to be flashed with the stock recovery)

thanks will try..yes I have that su zip..I used it to get the arm64 su binary

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Root attempt

Just a heads-up to the group that I downloaded the latest update from the huawei site here:

http://www.emui.com/plugin.php?id=hwdownload&mod=detail&mid=134

Extracted it, using the perl script found here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2315547

pulled out the system partition, un-sparsed it, and inserted the various su binaries and libraries. I then put it all back together, and re-sparse'd it, and flashed it to the system partition of the phone. The flashing was successful (so that's a good thing), but the phone went into a boot loop. Just to be sure, I did a factory reset ( with the power unplugged, hold down volume+ and power on, then release power when the "honor" message appears), but that did not resolve the loop. So after a (very tense) few hours, I reflashed the original unmodified systems partition and everything worked again.

It looks like we will need to do a bit more than just insert the binaries. It's also possible, that the phone looks for an "su" binary and does something with it if it finds it, and that the files installed were not functional for some reason. I think the next step will be to create a system image with a random extra file in it to see where the issue was.

Either way, now that I know I can recover easily from problems with this, I'm willing to try out a few more experiments. That's all for tonight though. Full commands for the process I did were:

<unlock your bootloader - instructions here: http://cn.club.vmall.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=3945542 - google translate is your friend :) )
    <download huawei firmware rar file>
    <install and build ext4_utils from here: https://github.com/YuLaw/ext4-utils.git - just run make)
    #> unrar x GEM-703L_EMUI 3.0_android5.0_V100R001C233B009.rar
    #> cd dload
    #> perl split_update.pl
    ( output/unknown_file.19 is the system image )
    #> simg2img output/unknown_file.19 system.img
    #> mount -o loop system.img /mnt/test
    (put in the su files for arm64)
    (generate our new sparse image)
    #> sudo /usr/bin/make_ext4fs -s -l 2621440K -a system system.rooted.sparse.img /mnt/test/
    ( the size 2621440K above can be pulled from the mediapads /proc/partitions, or you can get it by "tune2fs -l unkown_file.19" and then doing (( Block Count * Block Size )/1024) )
    ( put the meadipad into fastboot mode - with the power off hold the volume- button and plug in the usb cable)
    #> ./fastboot flash system system.rooted.sparse.img

Restart once thats done, and that's it.

A few *IMPORTANT* notes

1) If you are using linux in vmware, you cannot do these commands from within a shared volume on the virtual machine. The sparse file is not properly created, and will not flash. This took me a while to figure out.
    2) to fix boot loops just do "./fastboot flash system unknown_file.19" and restart. This reverts back to the original system.
    3) THIS IS AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!
    4) I found that I can't run more than one command per connection using fastboot. So just unplug and replug the usb in between fastboot commands (NOT while your flasthing!)
    5) make sure the version of the software you are flashing matches the version that is on your phone!

Thats it so far. Good progress I think.
    Dont know about launch date.

Already got listed in Amazon germany and italy.
    http://blog.gsmarena.com/huawei-mediapad-x2-gets-priced-europe/
    great so far

Thanks yuhongduong...now maybe poloplatinum will have an answer to the question on bands/frequency connections in the USA. Thanks for confirming about call quality!

Sent from my SM-T325 using XDA Free mobile app

Hello Mac, I have excellent call quality with T-Mobile 3g in my area. 4g lte don't work but I can't really tell a difference when browsing the web or watching videos!
    Antutu benchmark on my X2, 49000 points :D
    Screenshot_2015-04-19-19-02-24_zpsydvbb7nu.png
    Guys, For international market(Mediapad X2), there are 2 versions i.e. 2Gb/16Gb(silver) and 3GB/32GB(gold).
    http://consumer.huawei.com/en/tablets/tech-specs/mediapad-x2.htm

But for china market(Glory X2 or Honor X2), the 2 versions are 3GB/16gb(silver) and 3GB/32GB(gold)
    http://www.honor.cn/mobile-phones/honorx2

Honormi.com is selling Honor X2(chinese version)
    Hope the confusion clears now.

Myself, I don't believe since the beginning that this device will a have a 2Gb version of this device.

Honorme precises on a comment of its youtube video opening box that the error comes from the huawei site.