Android One Expanding to Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka

At Google I/O 2013, Google proudly announced that the Android operating system was … more

Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Question 7D-501L firmware Kitkat B102 : Permission Manager

OP lvpl

27th October 2014, 03:37 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

37 posts
Hi,

The "Permission Manager" is missing in my recent 7D-501L firmware Kitkat B102.

In the 7D-503L chinese version, this "Permission Manager" is still and always present.

So, do you know a way to have and display this "Permission Manager" in my 7D-501L firmware ?

Thanks in advance for helping.
28th October 2014, 08:04 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 196

243 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvpl

Hi,

The "Permission Manager" is missing in my recent 7D-501L firmware Kitkat B102.

In the 7D-503L chinese version, this "Permission Manager" is still and always present.

So, do you know a way to have and display this "Permission Manager" in my 7D-501L firmware ?

Thanks in advance for helping.

i believe 'Permission Manager' exists only in roms that are meant for use in China. B102 is for Germany / International use, thus it has been excluded.
28th October 2014, 02:35 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 89

593 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by potatohead

i believe 'Permission Manager' exists only in roms that are meant for use in China. B102 is for Germany / International use, thus it has been excluded.

I have a Chinese 503L and I downloaded the B102 rom from that German site. Yup, indeed permission manager is gone, which is great because that app was terrible and didn't seem to work right, maybe Huawei is starting remove the crap from their roms? I noticed all the preinstalled Bloatware games were in a folder that contain a "Deleteme" file, so I deleted the entire folder and all the junk games were removed, very nice!

They have fixed a bunch of stuff in B102, Google play stuff is no longer blocked, All the app incompatibilities are gone (But still 400 DPI), The voicemail has been fixed.
All I had to do was root and use titanium backup, nice!

Now we have to see how the Wifi and 3G signal hold up over time and is app still shutdown in the background after a while.

Huawei is getting close!
28th October 2014, 04:42 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 7

14 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by omniphil

I have a Chinese 503L and I downloaded the B102 rom from that German site. Yup, indeed permission manager is gone, which is great because that app was terrible and didn't seem to work right, maybe Huawei is starting remove the crap from their roms? I noticed all the preinstalled Bloatware games were in a folder that contain a "Deleteme" file, so I deleted the entire folder and all the junk games were removed, very nice!

They have fixed a bunch of stuff in B102, Google play stuff is no longer blocked, All the app incompatibilities are gone (But still 400 DPI), The voicemail has been fixed.
All I had to do was root and use titanium backup, nice!

Now we have to see how the Wifi and 3G signal hold up over time and is app still shutdown in the background after a while.

Huawei is getting close!

Dear Omniphil,

How did you root your X1? I have flashed B102 rom and tried rooting using Vroot but it fails everytime. Please help.

Thanks
28th October 2014, 04:51 PM   |  #5  

593 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aflatoon2874

Dear Omniphil,

How did you root your X1? I have flashed B102 rom and tried rooting using Vroot but it fails everytime. Please help.

Thanks

I used the latest version of Vroot which should be 1.7.8
28th October 2014, 05:29 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 10

86 posts
V1.7.9 is the latest. Please get directly from mygun.com; there some version floating around with viruses.
28th October 2014, 08:39 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 7

14 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by omniphil

I used the latest version of Vroot which should be 1.7.8

Thanks Omniphil. I was using 1.7.3, downloaded 1.7.8 and when I first ran, it offered to upgrade to 1.7.9.2. The root process went thru fine. Now my phone is rooted.

Is there a way to change DPI to 320? The build.prop does not have any prop that can be changed.

Thanks
29th October 2014, 03:48 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 32

134 posts
Also interested to know if the WiFi is improved. Good to know the app issues are mostly gone.

Sent from my MediaPad X1 7.0 using Tapatalk
29th October 2014, 01:56 PM   |  #9  

593 posts
I haven't tried manually setting the DPI to 320, I suspect its not going to work like the rest of the X1 roms so far. It just messes with the built in theme engine and breaks alot of things.
Even though I would prefer 320DPI, 400 is workable because they fixed the app compatibility issues. (I really really wish Huawei would go back to 320DPI however)

Wifi for me is better than all the previous 4.4 builds, but It does not seems as good as the 4.2 build (B008). It doesn't seem to disconnect nearly as much as it did with the other 4.4 builds.
3G is also not as good as the 4.2 builds, but the 3G seems better than any other 4.4 build.

So basically signal issues are better in B102 than any other 4.4 build, but still not as good as the 4.2 build B008 (which wasn't perfect either, still worse than any other phone I have ever had but usable for the most part)
Last edited by omniphil; 29th October 2014 at 02:26 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to omniphil For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th October 2014, 05:03 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 196

243 posts
X1's wifi antenna is located at the bottom right corner, leave that portion unhindered for best reception.

Xposed 2.5.1 / 2.5.2 framework works in X1 4.4.2 China ROM B010 for 503L, together with AppSettings, this combi gives the end user the flexibility of configuring the DPI for individual apps. I actually prefer this arrangement as the main shell remains at 400 DPI for easy operation and certain apps like news readers, browsers or maps can be 320 or below to maximise screen real estate.

The above will break the theme engine (themes can be applied but there will not be changes to the icons), other than that everything works well and smoothly, no FCs.

YMMV on B102 international ROM.
Last edited by potatohead; 30th October 2014 at 05:10 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread