Root your Huawei Mediapad 7 youth (s7-701u)

Search This thread
Jun 26, 2013
Nairobi
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Development for CWM for this device has begun!
Head over here to lend a hand, or just check it out

Hello huawei users, and welcome to my second 'Root your mediapad 7 youth' thread

Find the original one here

The only difference between this thread and the one linked above is the tool used
This one uses Kingo Android root(English), while the one in the other thread uses Vroot(Chinese)

Of the two, I believe Kingo root is easier to use, as it has step by step instructions in English

DISCLAIMER

1.Neither me nor Kingo is in anyway responsible for anything that does or does not happen to your device as a result of following these instructions. This includes but is not limited to: bricking your device, abnormal functioning of your device and voiding of warranty. Continuing with this guide is accepting these terms.

2. Rooting your device will most likely void your warranty. You have been warned.

3. This guide is intended solely for the device mentioned in the title. It is not meant for use with any other device, and may have unwanted effects.

That being said, let's get on with it

Prerequisites
1. Fully charged PC
2. Fully charged Huawei Mediapad 7 Youth (s7-701u)
3. Kingo Android Root. Find at this link
4. USB cable

Steps
1. Install and setup Kingo
There is a simple, standard windows wizard to follow. Nothing complicated.

2. Plug in your device into your PC
At this point, make sure kingo is open

3. Follow the on-screen instructions
These include enabling USB Debugging, clearly demonstrated on-screen

When it's done rooting, it will reboot, and you are rooted with SuperSU installed.
It's really that simple.

Last edited:

Domero

Aug 15, 2014
It didn't work

I've installed king root. I had to download HiSuite only then it started to do its work. Then again it still failed.. Although the app tells 'Root Successful' and restarted the tab, it still failed to root... help please

Last edited:

whhw31

Apr 13, 2009
Cairo
I've installed king root. I had to download HiSuite only then it started to do its work. Then again it still failed.. Although the app tells 'Root Successful' and restarted the tab, it still failed to root... help please

You are not alone, got the same issue here, i've tried vroot as well but my tab hangs and never go anywhere.

miauuuu761

Aug 21, 2014
huawei s7-721u root

I'm having huawei s7-721u model type..and i have rooted it..i need to install a new rom to it. can u tell me how ...anything text me through my whatsapp +60149447355 or mail me to my fb Yoges Waran Vasudavan.tx

Jun 26, 2013
Nairobi
Redmi Note 9 Pro

You are not alone, got the same issue here, i've tried vroot as well but my tab hangs and never go anywhere.

i tried those steps but it shows root failed. please help

I'm sorry to hear that you couldn't root your devices

Run through this FAQ to see if your computer and device are in the same config as mine
1. Do you have the Android SDK installed?
If not, go here : https://developer.android.com/sdk/installing/index.html and choose the 'eclipse ADT' option
2. Do you have the Java Development Kit Installed?
If not, go here : http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19182-01/820-7851/inst_cli_jdk_javahome_t/index.html and follow the instructions
3. Do you have ADB configured?
If not, go here : http://androidcentral.us/2013/08/how-to-install-android-adb-and-fastboot-on-windows/

If following the above steps still does not help, PM me, hang in there, and I'll try to get back to you :good:.
@whhw31 I'm surprised that neither Kingo nor Vroot worked for you :confused:. I'll look ino this and see what I can come up with.

I'm working on a cwm port, but i am not done yet. I will alert you all when i successfully port it :laugh:.

When that is done, flashing SuperSu.apk + supersu should be a piece of cake :cool:.

Till then, just hang in there a little longer.

zhujie

Sep 28, 2014
Success????

hi~ i have success install and success roots, but when its keep restart n root n restart n root...
its normal??? really successful roots????

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 PM ----------

hi~ i have success install and success roots, but when its keep restart n root n restart n root...
Lastly shown ROOTS Status: NO
its normal??? really successful roots????