Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

Root your Huawei Mediapad 7 youth (s7-701u)

OP Kris the wizz 15

6th August 2014, 03:52 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Dar es Salaam
Thanks Meter: 12

15 posts
More
Hello huawei users, and welcome to my second 'Root your mediapad 7 youth' thread

Find the original one here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2620655

The only difference between this thread and the one linked above is the tool used
This one uses Kingo Android root(English), while the one in the other thread uses Vroot(Chinese)

Of the two, I believe Kingo root is easier to use, as it has step by step instructions in English

DISCLAIMER

1.Neither me nor Kingo is in anyway responsible for anything that does or does not happen to your device as a result of following these instructions. This includes but is not limited to: bricking your device, abnormal functioning of your device and voiding of warranty. Continuing with this guide is accepting these terms.

2. Rooting your device will most likely void your warranty. You have been warned.

3. This guide is intended solely for the device mentioned in the title. It is not meant for use with any other device, and may have unwanted effects.

That being said, let's get on with it

Prerequisites
1. Fully charged PC
2. Fully charged Huawei Mediapad 7 Youth (s7-701u)
3. Kingo Android Root. Find at this link:
http://www.kingoapp.com/index.htm
4. USB cable

Steps
1. Install and set up Kingo
There is a simple, standard windows wizard to follow. Nothing complicated.

2. Plug in your device into your PC
At this point, make sure kingo is open

3. Follow the on-screen instructions
These include enabling USB Debugging, clearly demonstrated on-screen

When it's done rooting, it will reboot, and you are rooted with SuperSU installed
15th August 2014, 12:12 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
It didn't work
I've installed king root. I had to download HiSuite only then it started to do its work. Then again it still failed.. Although the app tells 'Root Successful' and restarted the tab, it still failed to root... help please
Last edited by Domero; 15th August 2014 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Updates after attempting to root
18th August 2014, 09:37 PM   |  #3  
Flag Cairo

35 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domero

I've installed king root. I had to download HiSuite only then it started to do its work. Then again it still failed.. Although the app tells 'Root Successful' and restarted the tab, it still failed to root... help please

You are not alone, got the same issue here, i've tried vroot as well but my tab hangs and never go anywhere.
19th August 2014, 02:42 PM   |  #4  

4 posts
root failed
i tried those steps but it shows root failed. please help
23rd August 2014, 07:33 PM   |  #5  

2 posts
huawei s7-721u root
I'm having huawei s7-721u model type..and i have rooted it..i need to install a new rom to it. can u tell me how ...anything text me through my whatsapp +60149447355 or mail me to my fb Yoges Waran Vasudavan.tx
2nd September 2014, 05:05 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Flag Dar es Salaam
Thanks Meter: 12

15 posts
More
Sign
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domero

Quote:
Originally Posted by whhw31

You are not alone, got the same issue here, i've tried vroot as well but my tab hangs and never go anywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fayaz faiyu

i tried those steps but it shows root failed. please help

I'm sorry to hear that you couldn't root your devices

Run through this FAQ to see if your computer and device are in the same config as mine
1. Do you have the Android SDK installed?
If not, go here : https://developer.android.com/sdk/installing/index.html and choose the 'eclipse ADT' option
2. Do you have the Java Development Kit Installed?
If not, go here : http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19182-01/...e_t/index.html and follow the instructions
3. Do you have ADB configured?
If not, go here : http://androidcentral.us/2013/08/how...ot-on-windows/

If following the above steps still does not help, PM me, hang in there, and I'll try to get back to you .

@whhw31 I'm surprised that neither Kingo nor Vroot worked for you . I'll look ino this and see what I can come up with.

I'm working on a cwm port, but i am not done yet. I will alert you all when i successfully port it .

When that is done, flashing SuperSu.apk + supersu should be a piece of cake .

Till then, just hang in there a little longer.
28th September 2014, 07:06 PM   |  #7  

1 posts
Success????
hi~ i have success install and success roots, but when its keep restart n root n restart n root...
its normal??? really successful roots????

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 PM ----------

hi~ i have success install and success roots, but when its keep restart n root n restart n root...
Lastly shown ROOTS Status: NO
its normal??? really successful roots????

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
easy root, huawei, kingo android root, mediapad 7 youth root, root
Previous Thread Next Thread