Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,878 Members 37,263 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Tips for your Huawei Mediapad 7 Youth (s7-701u)

Tip us?

Kris the wizz 15
Old
(Last edited by Kris the wizz 15; 8th July 2014 at 09:47 PM.) Reason: Embarrasing typo
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Default Tips for your Huawei Mediapad 7 Youth (s7-701u)

To root your mediapad, head over to :
forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2620655

Hey world

I'm creating this thread so as to help most of you techies with a mediapad 7 better exploit its features

Disclaimer 1
Most tips I provide will require root

If you haven't rooted yet, head over to the link above for a how to.

Disclaimer 2
As always, anything that does ao does not happen to your device, whether as a result of your following this thread or not, is entirely your fault, and neither i nor any other parties but yourself carry any blame.

Now thats done, let's get on with it
(Forgive the lack of pretty formatting, posting from the tab)

Tip Number One: Install xposed framework, terminal emulator and Android tuner/ROM toolbox pro

For those of you who have already done this, you will agree as to how important these apps are for any modding done to an android without flashing a custom ROM or kernel.

For xposed, go here and follow the instructions:
http://www.addictivetips.com/android...tall-it-guide/

You can find the terminal emulator app on the play store, and also the android tuner app.

I'll try to update this thread at least once a week, but with school( igcse this year) and a spotty internet connection, don't hold me to my word too much.

Till next week, hopefully.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kris the wizz 15 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

enensales
Old
Thanks Meter 19
i have this device sir, is xposed installer compatible? how to flash back stock firmware just in case? is there a working clock work mod recovery for us? how to enter recovery by the way? thanks and more power.

PS. i've rooted my mediapad by VROOT+SuperSu.ak method.

Kris the wizz 15
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Smile In response to your questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by enensales View Post
i have this device sir, is xposed installer compatible? how to flash back stock firmware just in case? is there a working clock work mod recovery for us? how to enter recovery by the way? thanks and more power.

PS. i've rooted my mediapad by VROOT+SuperSu.ak method.
Xposed installer is compatible with the device
have been using it for a while now

unfortunately the only way to recover is to update using the stock firmware from the huawei site

clockworkmod recovery I'm working on, using the online recovery builder. will start a new thread for that

and the only recovery this device currently has is not like clockworkmod but more like download mode.
I've checked