Speed Up Deodexing with JoelDroid Batch Deodexer

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings many under-the-hood changes like changing the default compiler … more

Top 5 Apps for 2014 + Top Xposed Mod of 2014 – XDA TV

Its that time of year where you look back and remember the things that happened … more

NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

FXP Team Delivers Lollipop to Various Xperia Devices!

From all of us here at XDA-Developers, we’d like to wish you Happy Holidays! If … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Tips for your Huawei Mediapad 7 Youth (s7-701u)

OP Kris the wizz 15

8th July 2014, 10:38 PM   |  #1  
Kris the wizz 15's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Dar es Salaam
Thanks Meter: 14
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
More
To root your mediapad, head over to :
forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2620655

Hey world

I'm creating this thread so as to help most of you techies with a mediapad 7 better exploit its features

Disclaimer 1
Most tips I provide will require root

If you haven't rooted yet, head over to the link above for a how to.


Disclaimer 2
As always, anything that does ao does not happen to your device, whether as a result of your following this thread or not, is entirely your fault, and neither i nor any other parties but yourself carry any blame.



Now thats done, let's get on with it
(Forgive the lack of pretty formatting, posting from the tab)

Tip Number One: Install xposed framework, terminal emulator and Android tuner/ROM toolbox pro

For those of you who have already done this, you will agree as to how important these apps are for any modding done to an android without flashing a custom ROM or kernel.

For xposed, go here and follow the instructions:
http://www.addictivetips.com/android...tall-it-guide/

You can find the terminal emulator app on the play store, and also the android tuner app.


I'll try to update this thread at least once a week, but with school( igcse this year) and a spotty internet connection, don't hold me to my word too much.

Till next week, hopefully.
Last edited by Kris the wizz 15; 8th July 2014 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Embarrasing typo
The Following User Says Thank You to Kris the wizz 15 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th July 2014, 06:06 AM   |  #2  
enensales's Avatar
Member
Flag Baguio City, Philippines
Thanks Meter: 19
 
93 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
i have this device sir, is xposed installer compatible? how to flash back stock firmware just in case? is there a working clock work mod recovery for us? how to enter recovery by the way? thanks and more power.

PS. i've rooted my mediapad by VROOT+SuperSu.ak method.
30th July 2014, 10:55 AM   |  #3  
Kris the wizz 15's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Dar es Salaam
Thanks Meter: 14
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
More
Smile In response to your questions
Quote:
Originally Posted by enensales

i have this device sir, is xposed installer compatible? how to flash back stock firmware just in case? is there a working clock work mod recovery for us? how to enter recovery by the way? thanks and more power.

PS. i've rooted my mediapad by VROOT+SuperSu.ak method.

Xposed installer is compatible with the device
have been using it for a while now

unfortunately the only way to recover is to update using the stock firmware from the huawei site

clockworkmod recovery I'm working on, using the online recovery builder. will start a new thread for that

and the only recovery this device currently has is not like clockworkmod but more like download mode.
I've checked
2nd September 2014, 06:17 PM   |  #4  
Kris the wizz 15's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Dar es Salaam
Thanks Meter: 14
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
More
Lightbulb Some More Apps
More root apps for you

Try
1. Lucky patcher : For patching all your apps
http://lucky-patcher.netbew.com/

2. Videoder : For Downloading videos off the internet, including YouTube
http://videoder.en.uptodown.com/android

3. Shou : For good screen broadcasting or recording.
https://shou.tv/

Sorry for the lack of a comprehensive guide

Will get to that soon.
1st October 2014, 09:04 AM   |  #5  
enensales's Avatar
Member
Flag Baguio City, Philippines
Thanks Meter: 19
 
93 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris the wizz 15

Xposed installer is compatible with the device
have been using it for a while now

unfortunately the only way to recover is to update using the stock firmware from the huawei site

clockworkmod recovery I'm working on, using the online recovery builder. will start a new thread for that

and the only recovery this device currently has is not like clockworkmod but more like download mode.
I've checked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris the wizz 15

More root apps for you

Try
1. Lucky patcher : For patching all your apps
http://lucky-patcher.netbew.com/

2. Videoder : For Downloading videos off the internet, including YouTube
http://videoder.en.uptodown.com/android

3. Shou : For good screen broadcasting or recording.
https://shou.tv/

Sorry for the lack of a comprehensive guide

Will get to that soon.

thank you so much for this sir, i'll be waiting for your guidance on this device. more power.
5th December 2014, 08:51 AM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 34
 
128 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2014
Kris the wizz 15
hey, any update for this device , custom recovery like twrp or cwm
and custom rom like kitkat and lollipop 5,,,?

plz share, if you have any update for this device..
16th December 2014, 08:43 AM   |  #7  
Kris the wizz 15's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Dar es Salaam
Thanks Meter: 14
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwong

Kris the wizz 15
hey, any update for this device , custom recovery like twrp or cwm
and custom rom like kitkat and lollipop 5,,,?

plz share, if you have any update for this device..

Some progress, only on alpha stage though.
Check it out here
16th December 2014, 03:06 PM   |  #8  
puntoazul's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Los Teques
Thanks Meter: 55
 
153 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris the wizz 15

Some progress, only on alpha stage though.
Check it out here

Great!!! i will try it
----------------------
Update: It not work... the recovery image isn't signed and the bootloader lockit. to make it work we need huawei crc key sign, or wait for huawei release the opensource firmware for s7-701u...
Last edited by puntoazul; 16th December 2014 at 03:32 PM.
16th December 2014, 06:24 PM   |  #9  
Kris the wizz 15's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Dar es Salaam
Thanks Meter: 14
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
More
That's very true, and I've emailed them to that very effect
16th December 2014, 07:20 PM   |  #10  
puntoazul's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Los Teques
Thanks Meter: 55
 
153 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
More
Quote:

Kris the wizz 15 says: "I can't seem to get fastboot configured, or boot the device in bootloader. Fastboot commands therefore do not work.
Any advice on this? I'd appreciate it. "

You can't go to fastboot in the s7-701u beacouse it CPU is a rockchip rk3168. and Rockchip have his own "fastboot" method, by the way huawei is locking this method...

i has been conected via Rkdownload mode usin "Fashtool" "RkTool" and "RkFlashKit"software but nothing really work except to dump partitions on pc disk.

Rkdownload mode do not use "fastboot" command, and beacouse this we can't unlock the bootloader.



More information about this here

PD: To have future custom rom for our device, we really need huawei release s7-701u open source code firmware.
Last edited by puntoazul; 16th December 2014 at 07:34 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes