Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,393 Members 53,687 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

a500 hard bricked help

Tip us?

ssvNormandy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moscow Desire View Post
Well, normally after you get an ubuntu install, you can download extra packages. Terminal for one. I'm sure the Ubuntu help center tells you how to get certain packages (lib's and such). Basically you do it via a terminal window. Like I said, I've never used that particular procedure myself, but seems some others got it figured out.

Ha Ha... the oven. Yes, I was skeptical to say the least, but thinking back on rice to dry out a phone, putting a dead HDD in the freezer, well, it seemed plausible. And for me, the oven trick worked. Pressed all the nands back into place, and was able to clear the "Blob update failed" error (was stuck with no working bootloader, hence a hard brick). I attribute it to my 2.5yrs old girl dropping the tab once too often (although was in a good cover).

well i have good news and bad news...
i got Ubuntu and i was succeful in retrieving my CPUID and after that my SBK, blackthund3r a500 tool worked and it got into " entering acer download mode" as in it booted in bootloader mode which is very good, but now when i flash something it is stuck at "stage two-uploading image" and the nvflash command screen is stuck at "resume mode".... well great, now what? lol

Moscow Desire
Old
(Last edited by Moscow Desire; 6th September 2014 at 12:33 PM.)
Senior Moderator - Resident Troll Killer
Thanks Meter 6,012

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssvNormandy View Post
well i have good news and bad news...
i got Ubuntu and i was succeful in retrieving my CPUID and after that my SBK, blackthund3r a500 tool worked and it got into " entering acer download mode" as in it booted in bootloader mode which is very good, but now when i flash something it is stuck at "stage two-uploading image" and the nvflash command screen is stuck at "resume mode".... well great, now what? lol
Eh, ok, you got the CPUID. Hang on and I'll give you a link for Timmy Deans 3.2.1 rollback.... Sounds like you got a corrupt partition.

OK, download and unzip the contents.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/fo...ollback_rom.7z

Now, in the contents, you will see the file pbj20upgrage.exe

Run it as "administrator" (right mouse click it and select run as administrator)

Now, don't plug in the tab. After it does a couple things, (installs drivers, starts looking for current build it will eventually prompt you to start your tab in APX mode. Do it. Then connect, enter your CPUID when asked, and it will NVFlash a complete pre-rooted 3.2.1 with CWM Recovery.

Want to avoid a vacation to the Frostlands? Then Follow the XDA Rules Here

Though I walk among the trolls, I fear them not, for I am the Troll King
Killen dem Trolls since 2011
Acer Iconia A701***A501***ExPlay X-Tremer***HTC Desire***Desire S

ssvNormandy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Eh, ok, you got the CPUID. Hang on and I'll give you a link for Timmy Deans 3.2.1 rollback.... Sounds like you got a corrupt partition.

OK, download and unzip the contents.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/fo...ollback_rom.7z

Now, in the contents, you will see the file pbj20upgrage.exe

Run it as "administrator" (right mouse click it and select run as administrator)

Now, don't plug in the tab. After it does a couple things, (installs drivers, starts looking for current build it will eventually prompt you to start your tab in APX mode. Do it. Then connect, enter your CPUID when asked, and it will NVFlash a complete pre-rooted 3.2.1 with CWM Recovery.
well well well, it worked and its perfect now. thank you very much for your help MD pbj20upgrade was the answer, now off to install ICS
thank you again

Moscow Desire
Old
Thanks Meter 6,012

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
well well well, it worked and its perfect now. thank you very much for your help MD pbj20upgrade was the answer, now off to install ICS
thank you again
Great!

Now, just remember, when you install one of the full ICS Update files (I have a thread stickied in one of these forums), it will change the bootloader, and also do away with the CWM custom recovery. A custom ICS ROM will not run on an HC 3.2.1 bootloader. This is why we had the Blackthunder tool and patched V8 bootloader. Just so you are aware.

Good luck!

MD

ssvNormandy
Old
(Last edited by ssvNormandy; 7th September 2014 at 09:55 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Great!

Now, just remember, when you install one of the full ICS Update files (I have a thread stickied in one of these forums), it will change the bootloader, and also do away with the CWM custom recovery. A custom ICS ROM will not run on an HC 3.2.1 bootloader. This is why we had the Blackthunder tool and patched V8 bootloader. Just so you are aware.

Good luck!

MD

blackthunder's tool just WILL NOT RUN on the tab its always stuck on nvflash resume mode, and uploading image, even after i got the tab back to life i have no idea why, and everytime i try to flash the v8 or even v9 BL it just freezes and i get the acer splash screen again, and then i have to rollback again.

is there any detailed tut on installing ics with the correct steps ? it would be much appreciated, HC wont run any recent app and its ticking me

Moscow Desire
Old
Thanks Meter 6,012

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
blackthunder's tool just WILL NOT RUN on my tab its always stuck on nvflash resume mode, and uploading image, even after i got the tab back to life i have no idea why, and everytime i try to flash the v8 or even v9 BL it just freezes and i get the acer splash screen again, and then i have to rollback again.

is there any detailed tut on installing ics with the correct steps ? it would be much appreciated, HC wont run any recent app and its ticking me
Welcome to the world of corrupted nand memory.

You can try running "babsector" and see if it will NVFLASH repaired partitions.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2049778 and go to the second post.

Not saying it will fix it, but it might.

Have you tried running an ICS Update file?

ssvNormandy
Old
(Last edited by ssvNormandy; 7th September 2014 at 12:00 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Welcome to the world of corrupted nand memory.

You can try running "babsector" and see if it will NVFLASH repaired partitions.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2049778 and go to the second post.

Not saying it will fix it, but it might.

Have you tried running an ICS Update file?

i have basically tried every ROM available and got nothing in return, running babsector gave me an error about formatting partition failed, although when i booted i had a green screen with v8 bootloader on it but it wont boot not will it install any rom and it says, kernel failed or something i dont remember. I have decided to abandon the project and just give it back to the owner with HC 3.2.1 and get it over with

edit: i added a picture of the error
Attached Images
File Type: jpg error.JPG - [Click for QR Code] (67.5 KB, 10 views)

Moscow Desire
Old
Thanks Meter 6,012

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
i have basically tried every ROM available and got nothing in return, running babsector gave me an error about formatting partition failed, although when i booted i had a green screen with v8 bootloader on it but it wont boot not will it install any rom and it says, kernel failed or something i dont remember. I have decided to abandon the project and just give it back to the owner with HC 3.2.1 and get it over with

edit: i added a picture of the error
Yep, same issue with me. I'm stuck on 3.2 HC

Well, it's a secondary tablet anyhow.

ssvNormandy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Yep well i figured it was unrecoverable and not worth the effort and time put into it, thanks for the rollback method i couldnt have done it without you MD atleast its working now

Moscow Desire
Old
Thanks Meter 6,012

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Yep well i figured it was unrecoverable and not worth the effort and time put into it, thanks for the rollback method i couldnt have done it without you MD atleast its working now
Yeah, and a little bit of knowledge (maybe too much)

Am glad I could help out!!