[Q] iconia internal memory recovery

OP parumeu

18th August 2014, 01:26 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
i need to recover some deleted files from my A500. i tried several undelete/recovery tools, but no luck. in the end i decided to extract the internal memory form my iconia a500 using the (only) i could find (so far), the idea being that i could then then mount this image and use windows file recovery tools to get the lost files back. here are the instructions i tried to follow:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...y-yes-t1994705

for this method to work, the device needs to be in adb mode. i have not found a way to do this for the A500: only recovery and apx.

does anyone know if it's possible to put the iconia in adb mode? if not, is there any other way to extract the internal memory and save it as an image/raw file, like in the example mentioned?

thanks a lot.
20th August 2014, 07:25 PM   |  #2  
Senior Moderator - Resident Troll Killer
Flag Somewhere in a Deep Cave on the Troll Kings Throne
Thanks Meter: 6,112

7,334 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by parumeu

i need to recover some deleted files from my A500. i tried several undelete/recovery tools, but no luck. in the end i decided to extract the internal memory form my iconia a500 using the (only) i could find (so far), the idea being that i could then then mount this image and use windows file recovery tools to get the lost files back. here are the instructions i tried to follow:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...y-yes-t1994705

for this method to work, the device needs to be in adb mode. i have not found a way to do this for the A500: only recovery and apx.

does anyone know if it's possible to put the iconia in adb mode? if not, is there any other way to extract the internal memory and save it as an image/raw file, like in the example mentioned?

thanks a lot.

Well, there is no "ADB" mode on any device per say. What they refer to, is using ADB commands to pull or push files. This requires the tab to be booted of course. ADB commands are usually run from a windows command prompt. Not that you will need USB Debugging turned on in your tab's Settings.

So as far as ADB Mode, it doesn't exist

As with CygWin, well, I found it to be a bit difficult to set up and run properly, not to mention it has to share windows resources, so I run an Ubuntu as a dual boot. Causes less issues, but if you want to go the CygWin route, and have a powerful enough system, then ok.

Basically it appears that they use ADB to pull the specific Devblock partition, then convert it, and mount it as a drive. Sounds good in theory, and I would suggest you follow the steps in that guide. Just make sure you are pulling the correct DevBlock as different devices have them named differently.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread