No registration required

[Q] not booting recovery

OP GloriousDJ

18th March 2012, 12:55 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

62 posts
More
I flashed Lightspeed_4_beta3 after that came out and I finally made the time to try and update to the newest version 4.3 today, but I can't get into recovery, I have Acer Recovery app and I re-installed CWM but it still wont load recovery... any ideas why? and how to fix it?
18th March 2012, 04:21 PM   |  #2  
Flag Waratah
Thanks Meter: 578

4,474 posts
Go to market and get the app called "Rebooter". It gives the option to boot into recovery, dowload, reboot or power down. This needs root to work though...
18th March 2012, 09:57 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

62 posts
More
I know how to boot into recovery, that's not the problem, the problem is it wont load CWM recovery at all, it says loading recovery and it should only take a few seconds but I left it for 5 minutes and still said the same thing.
18th March 2012, 11:02 PM   |  #4  
Senior Moderator - Resident Troll Killer
Flag Somewhere in a Deep Cave on the Troll Kings Throne
Thanks Meter: 6,233

7,467 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloriousDJ

I know how to boot into recovery, that's not the problem, the problem is it wont load CWM recovery at all, it says loading recovery and it should only take a few seconds but I left it for 5 minutes and still said the same thing.

Welcome to corrupted data. You know how to use ADB? You might be able to push a recovery image, but you'll need to format the devblk first I suspect.

Hope you have a backup copy of your UID number. I think you will probably need it.

I;ll say, go back to stock. Run Timmy Deans tools. It'l put a rooted stock 3.2, then install acer recovery with thor.

In the future, I would install RA Recovery. You can flash it from CWM.
18th March 2012, 11:17 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

62 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moscow Desire

Welcome to corrupted data. You know how to use ADB? You might be able to push a recovery image, but you'll need to format the devblk first I suspect.

Hope you have a backup copy of your UID number. I think you will probably need it.

I;ll say, go back to stock. Run Timmy Deans tools. It'l put a rooted stock 3.2, then install acer recovery with thor.

I have used ADB for my phone before, I'll look and see if I can push RA Recovery on without going back to stock, because I don't think I have my UID number anymore. Thanks for the idea, I guess I can try that see if I can get it working that way.
Last edited by GloriousDJ; 18th March 2012 at 11:27 PM.
18th March 2012, 11:27 PM   |  #6  
Senior Moderator - Resident Troll Killer
Flag Somewhere in a Deep Cave on the Troll Kings Throne
Thanks Meter: 6,233

7,467 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloriousDJ

I have used ADB for my phone before, I don't have a copy of my UID number but the I can still get on the beta3 so its not stuck in a boot loop or something so I think I could get it. Thanks for the idea, I guess I can try that see if I can get it working that way.

I believe Thor has instructions for pushing the CWM image on his site at tegraowners. As now you cannot flash an install.

I also suppose, you might try AcerREcovery from the market, and see if it would flash CWM again. Might be a little easier.
The Following User Says Thank You to Moscow Desire For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th March 2012, 11:29 PM   |  #7  
OP Member

62 posts
More
Quote:

I believe Thor has instructions for pushing the CWM image on his site at tegraowners. As now you cannot flash an install.

I also suppose, you might try AcerREcovery from the market, and see if it would flash CWM again. Might be a little easier.

Ok I'll try that first. Thanks for your help
18th March 2012, 11:53 PM   |  #8  
OP Member

62 posts
More
Quote:

I got Acer Recovery app to install the RA Recovery and was able to boot into that, for whatever reason thor's wasn't working anymore. Thanks for your help
19th March 2012, 09:22 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 63

121 posts
Quote:

Unless I have misinterpreted something, this should not be that much of a problem. Maybe a bit inconvenient if you don't know USB programming though.

If you can get the device into APX mode it will answer the first read request with the UID.
So if you open the device (955:7820) and initiate a bulk transfer on endpoint 0x81 and you should get 8 bytes that is the UID.

Something like:
Code:
#include <libusb-1.0/libusb.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdint.h>

int main(void)
{
    unsigned char data[64];
    int received_length;
    int r = 1;
    libusb_context* ctx = NULL;
    libusb_device_handle* dev_handle = NULL;

libusb_init(&ctx);
    dev_handle = libusb_open_device_with_vid_pid(ctx, 0x0955, 0x7820);
    if(dev_handle)
    {
        r = libusb_bulk_transfer(dev_handle, 0x81, data, sizeof(data), &received_length, 10000);
        if (r == 0)
        {
            if(received_length == 8)
            {
                printf("uid: %#016lx\n", *(uint64_t*)data);
            }
            else
            {
                r = 1;
                printf("Error: We got %d bytes of data insetad of the 8 bytes we expected...\n", received_length);
            }
        }
        else
        {
            printf("Error: USB read failed!\n");
        }
        libusb_release_interface(dev_handle, 0);
    }
    else
    {
        printf("Error: Failed to open device!\n");
    }
    libusb_exit(ctx);
    return r;
}
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to eppeP For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th March 2012, 09:52 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 12

69 posts
I have been sooo fustrated trying to get my iconia rollback from the ics leak.

I tried SEVERAL methods including this one http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2#post23850482 in a thread i just posted.

But still no luck =( Every time i try to boot into recovery mode i get "Recovery verified failed" in read text and it just sits there and wont boot into recovery.

Can someone PLEASE tell me how to fix this or a way to get rid of this error. I dont care if i have to go back to stock i will.

Thanks guys

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread