FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

5.0 Lollipop

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 1
 
By yoitslanz, Junior Member on 13th December 2014, 03:38 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Any Developers or people who's working or done with the lollipop 5.0 rom for infuse? I just want to experience the new material design.
 
 
13th December 2014, 04:18 AM |#2  
mrkhigh's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 479
 
More
They have said once beanstalk is ported they'd give it a go.

Sent from my XT907 using XDA Free mobile app
20th April 2015, 10:48 PM |#3  
haky 86's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hama
Thanks Meter: 2,139
 
Donate to Me
More
I'm working on it, could be interesting if we can use this kernel on our device
https://github.com/hak86/android_kernel_samsung_aries
since infuse has 2.6 kernel and required a lot of changes to make lollipop
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to haky 86 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift haky 86 Ad-Free
21st April 2015, 06:11 PM |#4  
mrkhigh's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 479
 
More
I am unsure about specs but you might visit the Samsung Galaxy player 4.0 and 5.0 forums, they are at least same gen devices and I saw lollipop is built on it.

Sent from my XT907 using XDA Free mobile app
25th April 2015, 10:44 PM |#5  
haky 86's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hama
Thanks Meter: 2,139
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkhigh

I am unsure about specs but you might visit the Samsung Galaxy player 4.0 and 5.0 forums, they are at least same gen devices and I saw lollipop is built on it.

Sent from my XT907 using XDA Free mobile app

thanks for the answer i will check them until waiting the new battery then start devs
The Following User Says Thank You to haky 86 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift haky 86 Ad-Free
30th April 2015, 10:14 AM |#6  
yogi.306's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 372
 
Donate to Me
More
Hope still alive
Quote:
Originally Posted by haky 86

thanks for the answer i will check them until waiting the new battery then start devs

So infuse is still alive and hopeful.
30th April 2015, 11:46 AM |#7  
haky 86's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hama
Thanks Meter: 2,139
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi.306

So infuse is still alive and hopeful.

well, i'm waiting the battery should receive from Hong Kong, I have a question, some days ago I try to fix firmware issue of my infuse 4g, the problem is after install cm9 firmware i can't access to recovery, so anyone can help to fix this issue to start devs for 5.0
2nd July 2015, 09:59 PM |#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Any progess?
Is there any progress on Lollipop for the Infuse? Still using mine. Thanks.
26th July 2015, 02:12 PM |#9  
mrkhigh's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 479
 
More
Lollipop is a ram eater. I tried it on the razrm and it didn't go well. Wound up reverting to kitkat. I'm sorry but at some point even if you can, you shouldn't and I think all devs are realizing this.

Sent from my XT1254 using XDA Free mobile app
3rd August 2015, 05:56 AM |#10  
wolfen69's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Woodstock, GA USA
Thanks Meter: 416
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkhigh

Lollipop is a ram eater. I tried it on the razrm and it didn't go well. Wound up reverting to kitkat. I'm sorry but at some point even if you can, you shouldn't and I think all devs are realizing this.

Sent from my XT1254 using XDA Free mobile app

I think people should just run the latest that's available, or get a new phone. A Moto E is 3 times the phone the Infuse is, and can be had for $30 if you buy it at the right time. Plus it runs Lollipop out of the box. Methinks trying to run 5.0 on a 4 yr old device is near impossible.
5th August 2015, 06:58 PM |#11  
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfen69

I think people should just run the latest that's available, or get a new phone. A Moto E is 3 times the phone the Infuse is, and can be had for $30 if you buy it at the right time. Plus it runs Lollipop out of the box. Methinks trying to run 5.0 on a 4 yr old device is near impossible.

Hell i haven't seriously used my Infuse in over 2 years, i just like to see just how much it can handle, I was a bit surprised when it took KK. Now just waiting to see if it can handle Lollipop.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes