[Q] Rooting updated GB Infuse

Search This thread

OnProzac

Nov 29, 2011
Chicago
Okay...

So I accidentally dropped my phone, and it was a TOTAL loss. It would not even power back on. I received the replacement phone today and followed through with the GB update via Kies Mini. Now when I attempt to root the phone, Superoneclick stops responding. Any suggestions?

OnProzac

Nov 29, 2011
Chicago
I've attempted to root by several different methods, and no matter how many times, or which method I use, it will not root. I made sure that the phone was checked for USD debugging and for unknown resources. Anyone have any suggestions? :confused:

Edit: My apologies, as I thought that I posted the thread in the Q&A section where it is supposed to be.

The_Zodiac

Aug 28, 2010
Unknown
Okay...

So I accidentally dropped my phone, and it was a TOTAL loss. It would not even power back on. I received the replacement phone today and followed through with the GB update via Kies Mini. Now when I attempt to root the phone, Superoneclick stops responding. Any suggestions?

Did your screen crack? how did you not get charged?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA App

xolanir

Jul 19, 2011
Springville
Okay...

If you want root back, you're gonna need to flash a rooted kernel through Odin. Currently Superoneclick doesn't work on GB. Hope this helps.

sent from my CommandCenter using xda premium

dman3285

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 24, 2010
Rome, Ga.
There is no root method for stock 2.3.6 yet... period..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium

Dani897

Aug 16, 2010
you can root it but gasp, you wont be able to flash the "official" kernel back to it since we cant dump the kernel without root... but you can flash the kl2 leaked kernel to it (same thing) but with sdcard workarounds and voodoo lagfix you need to consider a few things and its alot to say, but why bother, just use the rogers root kernel with cwm to flash a yummy rom from the dev section...

as far as rooting it without a kernel replacement well good luck with that. i will likely make a rooted heimdall package in a few days but it will have the kernel from the leaked rom (same thing) if that scares anyone with their irrational rationalizations...

why heimdall? well the mac users need some love since samsung and att wont give it to them.. its more reliable that that crappy samsung software be it kies or odin. and with the package system introduced in version 1.3 it is idiot proof..

if you must have an odin version make it your self.

tupirujp

Dec 18, 2010
Idietssss
...... what's whit these people .....let it go for some time then try ....... I'm sick of these people asking for there problems to ... be solved ASAP

Sent from my SGH-I997 using xda premium

Dani897

Aug 16, 2010
weve know this would be a problem for like a year when the rogers infuse came out.

the rogers method works but it's just so many considerations and annoyances to tell people how to do it problem free. you have to assume they can creaet a file to disable the lagfix before hand and that they can extract and compress another file and depending on the kernel they use to root it they may need to edit one charachter of text. it all easy stuff but it becomes a lengthy post explaining it and then the next guy doesnt read what you already answered. ill wait for source code and fully compatible kernels with cwm so we dont have to worry about the extra process of reverting to a stock kernel, till then im burnt out on saying the same thing over and over and over.