Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more

Lockdown Pro 2 Brings Material Design and Media Support

Back in March of this year, we took a look at a rather innovated security application … more

CWM will not install over the Android recovery 3e ...

OP cwmoser

3rd September 2014, 07:30 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 21

131 posts
I have a Samsung Infuse that at one time had JB on it.
I went back to Foyo for several months.
Now I want to try KK.
My Infuse is rooted but nothing will install - I get "failed to verify while file signature"
everytime I try to use the Android 3e recovery.

For the life of me I cannot get CWM installed on this phone.
How can it be done? I've tried Odin but don't work either.

Help

Carl
3rd September 2014, 07:37 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member

131 posts
Also tried the "modded 3e recovey" copying a recovery file to /system/bin.
I can do this but still have no CWM as the recovery menu.
3rd September 2014, 07:49 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

131 posts
So, whats happening is that Android system recovery <3e> recovery menu cannot be replaced
nor will it let me install a zip file. Every time I try to install CWM or any other
zip file, I get:
E:failed to verify whole-file signature
E:signature verification failed
3rd September 2014, 09:54 PM   |  #4  
Flag Halifax
Thanks Meter: 68

295 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwmoser

So, whats happening is that Android system recovery <3e> recovery menu cannot be replaced
nor will it let me install a zip file. Every time I try to install CWM or any other
zip file, I get:
E:failed to verify whole-file signature
E:signature verification failed

I am not familiar with that method to install CWM. Usually one would flash an infused kernel via ODIN. Are you AT&T or Rogers? That would determine your method.

On mobile now so myself looking it up is difficult, but what you need should be in either the General or Development forum. Try searching for "infused CWM".

Sent from my LG-D520 using XDA Free mobile app

Update:

Easiest method would probably be option D:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1613523

This will give you Stock Gingerbread with root, and red CWM. What kind of problems were you having with Odin?
Last edited by joel.maxuel; 4th September 2014 at 12:36 AM.
4th September 2014, 12:55 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

131 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joel.maxuel

I am not familiar with that method to install CWM. Usually one would flash an infused kernel via ODIN. Are you AT&T or Rogers? That would determine your method.

On mobile now so myself looking it up is difficult, but what you need should be in either the General or Development forum. Try searching for "infused CWM".

Sent from my LG-D520 using XDA Free mobile app

Update:

Easiest method would probably be option D:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1613523

This will give you Stock Gingerbread with root, and red CWM. What kind of problems were you having with Odin?

Your diagnosis was spot on.

What I had done when I bricked my Samsung Infuse months ago was that I had used PHONE_UCLB3.tar.md5 for PHONE selection in ODIN. I had JB running but the performance was poor and messing with it
I had bricked my phone. Then when I was able to recover back to Froyo, I said f*ck it and quit messing with it.

Doing what I did several months ago to unbrick my Infuse locks in the Android recovery menu.

Yesterday I was experimenting and used option C to get it working now -- i.e. using I997UCLB3-CWM-root-deodex-extras.tar.md5 for PHONE. I suppose either option C or D would be OK as those provide the red recovery menu for Froyo. I was scimming over all the various texts and had missed the details.

Boy this stuff can be complicated unless one stays with it - AND READ EVERYTHING CAREFULLY.
I'd made a lot of notes when I did this months ago but still it was vague.
Now its coming back to me and I think I'll start hanging out here to learn more about these ROMs.

Not knowing which is better, I chose to install Carbon Kit Kat nightly on my Samsung Infuse. I noted that Bean Stalk did not have any
recent versions and just assumed there was more activity with Carbon. Is Carbon as good as it gets or are there better choices????

Thanks

Carl
Last edited by cwmoser; 4th September 2014 at 01:00 PM.
4th September 2014, 03:00 PM   |  #6  
Flag Halifax

295 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwmoser

Not knowing which is better, I chose to install Carbon Kit Kat nightly on my Samsung Infuse. I noted that Bean Stalk did not have any
recent versions and just assumed there was more activity with Carbon. Is Carbon as good as it gets or are there better choices????

It's all subjective, but with the time I used it I think Carbon is as goods as it gets.

There's CyanFox, which I didn't try, which is still quite young. CM11 and BeanStalk have been getting updates, it's just their key developer is absent right now. But there is a bug with CM11 and BeanStalk that leaves ADB unable to work. If you plan on using ADB, I would stay away from those two. Other than that, I did like the BeanStalk experience when I used it, but in the end wished I switched to Carbon earlier.
The Following User Says Thank You to joel.maxuel For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd September 2014, 07:51 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Unhappy Unable to fix
Hi,

I am trying to update kitkat, it gives me the error of:
" signature Verifucation Failed"

Tried loading CMD RED on my infuse $g, but unable to download , the link does not work

Pleas Help me , i am trying for the past 10 days. i am a poor guy and my only phone is infuse with broken screen which gets restart and drains out the battery on every restart. i tried putting New battary, still same issue

Please Help me XDA, You are my only HOPE
23rd September 2014, 09:30 PM   |  #8  
Flag Halifax

295 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Don

Hi,

I am trying to update kitkat, it gives me the error of:
" signature Verifucation Failed"

Tried loading CMD RED on my infuse $g, but unable to download , the link does not work

Pleas Help me , i am trying for the past 10 days. i am a poor guy and my only phone is infuse with broken screen which gets restart and drains out the battery on every restart. i tried putting New battary, still same issue

Please Help me XDA, You are my only HOPE

Disable voodoo lagfix and you should be good to go. If not, try downloading a different kit Kat Rom (one with a working link).

Sent from my Asus MeMO Pad 8"

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread