[Q] Infuse data usage

OP mrnapolean1

6th August 2014, 04:38 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

95 posts
My infuse is using Data plans like theres no tomorrow.
I have tried disabling the packet data option in wireless settings, and putting the phone in airplane mode.

Its somehow using data. Would installing a custom ROM fix this?
6th August 2014, 04:56 PM   |  #2  
Flag Halifax
Thanks Meter: 66

287 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnapolean1

My infuse is using Data plans like theres no tomorrow.
I have tried disabling the packet data option in wireless settings, and putting the phone in airplane mode.

Its somehow using data. Would installing a custom ROM fix this?

With the ICS ROM's and up, it's built in to be able to disable mobile data quite easily (Settings, Data Usage). For CyanogenMod, this can be made a quicksetting.

You could try a custom ROM. They are open source so sneaky stuff is hard to get away with. A good place to start is CyanogenMod 11. But if you would rather not go through that hassle (if you are otherwise happy with Gingerbread), you can try getting a Data Switch, and then track it's usefulness with a Data Counter Widget.
Last edited by joel.maxuel; 6th August 2014 at 04:59 PM.
7th August 2014, 06:52 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

95 posts
I have tried data blockers.
7th August 2014, 11:27 AM   |  #4  
Flag Halifax
Thanks Meter: 66

287 posts
More
Can always try a custom ROM then. Here is the process that people seem to follow these days (note, if you have a Rogers Infuse like me, steps 1 and 2 will be different):

Quote:

1. Either use Odin or Heimdall One-Click. Follow instruction on how to do it.

2. While phone running install sgs kernel flasher from Market/Google Play.
2a. Copy/transfer Synthesis GB Kernel to your Internal SD card.
2b. Start up sgs kernel flasher and choose it from your Internal SD card. Phone will auto-reboot after done flashing.
2c. Wait a bit while your phone convert to new partition format and activate lagfix. Your CWM recovery version should be 2.5.1.3

3. Reboot phone into CWM Recovery and DISABLE vodoo lagfix and /system lagfix. Reboot once done. Phone will convert partition to old format. If you don't turn the lagfix off the phone will hang at Samsung logo when you install new rom.

4. Prepare your flavor rom/gapp for installation by copying them to your Internal SD card.
4a. Go into CWM Recovery mode and install the rom. You will need to do this twice since the 1st time was just a warning about partition format being different.
4b. Reboot once done. You will need to REMOVE the battery to power down the booting process and put it back in.
4c. Go into the New CWM Recovery and install the rom again since the previous attempt only install the new CWM Recovery.

5. Install Gapp.

6. a. Wipe: Cache / Factory Reset <--- Probably don't need it since it's new install from stock unless you installed stuff. Just to be safe.
b. Wipe: Cache Partition
c. Wipe: Dalvik Cache

7. Reboot

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread