I have tried disabling the packet data option in wireless settings, and putting the phone in airplane mode.
Its somehow using data. Would installing a custom ROM fix this?
1. Either use Odin or Heimdall One-Click. Follow instruction on how to do it.
2. While phone running install sgs kernel flasher from Market/Google Play.
2a. Copy/transfer Synthesis GB Kernel to your Internal SD card.
2b. Start up sgs kernel flasher and choose it from your Internal SD card. Phone will auto-reboot after done flashing.
2c. Wait a bit while your phone convert to new partition format and activate lagfix. Your CWM recovery version should be 22.214.171.124
3. Reboot phone into CWM Recovery and DISABLE vodoo lagfix and /system lagfix. Reboot once done. Phone will convert partition to old format. If you don't turn the lagfix off the phone will hang at Samsung logo when you install new rom.
4. Prepare your flavor rom/gapp for installation by copying them to your Internal SD card.
4a. Go into CWM Recovery mode and install the rom. You will need to do this twice since the 1st time was just a warning about partition format being different.
4b. Reboot once done. You will need to REMOVE the battery to power down the booting process and put it back in.
4c. Go into the New CWM Recovery and install the rom again since the previous attempt only install the new CWM Recovery.
5. Install Gapp.
6. a. Wipe: Cache / Factory Reset <--- Probably don't need it since it's new install from stock unless you installed stuff. Just to be safe.
b. Wipe: Cache Partition
c. Wipe: Dalvik Cache
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|