Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,757 Members 36,714 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Unofficial CM without Radio?

Tip us?

maknajjar
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Unofficial CM without Radio?

Dear All,

I passed my old infuse to me child to use on the WiFi without a sim or a service. I keep updating her phone whenever a new version of scott.hart.bti's rom comes out (Thanks Scott). The problem is the Cell Standby is consuming most of the battery even though there is no sim in the phone.
I am wondering if there is a way I can completely remove the Radio part from the latest Roms or is there a chance that a new rom can be posted with and without the cell radio?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
MAK

Fullmetal Jun
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by maknajjar View Post
Dear All,

I passed my old infuse to my child to use on the WiFi without a sim or a service. I keep updating her phone whenever a new version of scott.hart.bti's rom comes out (Thanks Scott). The problem is the Cell Standby is consuming most of the battery even though there is no sim in the phone.
I am wondering if there is a way I can completely remove the Radio part from the latest Roms or is there a chance that a new rom can be posted with and without the cell radio?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
MAK
If no sim, so no radio! Put it in airplane mode, but will change nothing if there's no sim!
Let the phone die and charge it till 100%. Normally the rom takes 2-3 days to stabilise! U can also lower clock speed to 800mhz.
But I don't know how to remove radio function and make it become media player. The problem is with the battery and rom/gapps and not the radio since there's no sim!
My gratitude to Scott.hart.bti for his continuous support for the old Infuse 4g.My thanks to Enthropy for stable cm9,gtg,Andros,qkster and xda members for their tricks to use technology more efficiently
Devices: S Galaxy Infuse 4G unofficial CM11 (Main smartphone),
LG G Pad 8.3 on LG official 4.4.2 (Tablet).
The Following User Says Thank You to Fullmetal Jun For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

joel.maxuel
Old
Thanks Meter 58
From http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...34&postcount=3...

Try dialing *#*#4636#*#*

Go to Phone Information, select Turn off Radio.

Can always turn back on by Airplane Mode toggle (or go back in this way). Don't know if there is a difference between this and Airplane Mode (except the lack of the Airplane icon in the status bar) but I hope this helps.
Cheers,
Joel Maxuel

Phone: LG Optimus F3Q (D520), stock rooted, CWM, Xposed, GravityBox
Phone: HTC MyTouch 4G Slide (Doubleshot), S-Off, running CyanogenMod 10.1
Tablet: Asus MeMO Pad 8 (ME180A), stock rooted
Retired: Samsung Infuse 4G (i997R) running CarbonROM 4.4.4

Something prove useful? Don't forget to press that little (Thanks) button.
The Following User Says Thank You to joel.maxuel For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

maknajjar
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Thanks

Both methods worked fine. Thanks a million gentlemen
The Following User Says Thank You to maknajjar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

niral7
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by maknajjar View Post
Both methods worked fine. Thanks a million gentlemen
I have the same cell standby problem. It eats up 50% of my battery. I've put my phone in airplane mode but it still dies over the course of 8 hours.
Devices:

LG Nexus 5
ROM: SlimKat with Franco Kernel
Asus Nexus 7
ROM: SlimKat with ElementalX
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SGH-I317 (using on T-Mobile)
ROM: W03 Slim V21
Samsung Infuse 4G
ROM: CarbonROM
Apple iPad 4
Pebble Smartwatch

Past Devices:

Asus Transformer Pad TF300 - Sold
Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF101 - Sold[/HIDE]