Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,939 Members 49,922 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Please Help with htc inspire 4g in bootloader screen not recognized my computer

Tip us?

dmartin1972
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Please Help with htc inspire 4g in bootloader screen not recognized my computer

Ok. I need some help. Have an at&t htc inspire, bootloader screen and when i plug it in my computer to run an ruu exe file, my windows 8 computer will not recognize the device? I have tried installing the newest drivers, other usb ports, etc. Please Help, thank you

dmartin1972
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
ok, got past that. NOw whenever my phone is plugged in and i reboot to the bootloader, it comes up with an error message saying the usb device is not recognized and i can't do anything? Now what?

bananagranola
Old
Thanks Meter 1,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmartin1972 View Post
ok, got past that. NOw whenever my phone is plugged in and i reboot to the bootloader, it comes up with an error message saying the usb device is not recognized and i can't do anything? Now what?
If you're connecting from bootloader, use fastboot not ADB.

dmartin1972
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
When I have the phone on and connect the usb it recognizes it. But when I run the ruu update,and the phone boots into the bootloader, it says usb device us not recognized. I have HTC sync installed on my computer. Windows 8 64 bit.

dmartin1972
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
What I really need us a pd98img.zip file for an at&t HTC inspire 4g with 2.3.5 gingerbread. Anyone have that?

turboyoshi
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
What I really need us a pd98img.zip file for an at&t HTC inspire 4g with 2.3.5 gingerbread. Anyone have that?
You can get the stock images from htcdev dot com.
You will need to create an account but it's free. Also, is your bootloader locked or unlocked?
If it is unlocked, you will need to relock it before flashing a signed stock rom.

dmartin1972
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I got it back to stock AT&T 2.3.5 by pulling the img file out of the downloaded ruu. I still cant get the phone to be recognized by my computer in the bootloader screen though? So I can't get it rooted or unlocked on the htc developer site. What am I doing wrong??? Also what should I use to root it. I have tried easy ace root tool. and will not work

bananagranola
Old
Thanks Meter 1,608
Quote:
I got it back to stock AT&T 2.3.5 by pulling the img file out of the downloaded ruu. I still cant get the phone to be recognized by my computer in the bootloader screen though? So I can't get it rooted or unlocked on the htc developer site. What am I doing wrong??? Also what should I use to root it. I have tried easy ace root tool. and will not work
Are you using fastboot or ADB? What is the error message from the Easy Ace Root Tool?

dmartin1972
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Ok. I don't know what I did but i got it to work. Now, what is the newest root tool that works? Also do I need s-off for roms? Not sure how to proceed??

jzsidebott
Old
Thanks Meter 22

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Ok. I don't know what I did but i got it to work. Now, what is the newest root tool that works? Also do I need s-off for roms? Not sure how to proceed??
Here is the link to what you need http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2169518