Ask a question

No registration required

Please Help with htc inspire 4g in bootloader screen not recognized my computer

OP dmartin1972

27th September 2013, 06:59 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
Ok. I need some help. Have an at&t htc inspire, bootloader screen and when i plug it in my computer to run an ruu exe file, my windows 8 computer will not recognize the device? I have tried installing the newest drivers, other usb ports, etc. Please Help, thank you
27th September 2013, 09:24 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

13 posts
ok, got past that. NOw whenever my phone is plugged in and i reboot to the bootloader, it comes up with an error message saying the usb device is not recognized and i can't do anything? Now what?
27th September 2013, 09:36 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1,611

3,797 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmartin1972

ok, got past that. NOw whenever my phone is plugged in and i reboot to the bootloader, it comes up with an error message saying the usb device is not recognized and i can't do anything? Now what?

If you're connecting from bootloader, use fastboot not ADB.
29th September 2013, 09:22 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

13 posts
When I have the phone on and connect the usb it recognizes it. But when I run the ruu update,and the phone boots into the bootloader, it says usb device us not recognized. I have HTC sync installed on my computer. Windows 8 64 bit.
29th September 2013, 10:02 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

13 posts
What I really need us a pd98img.zip file for an at&t HTC inspire 4g with 2.3.5 gingerbread. Anyone have that?
3rd October 2013, 01:27 AM   |  #6  
Flag woodstock
Thanks Meter: 1

6 posts
More
Quote:

What I really need us a pd98img.zip file for an at&t HTC inspire 4g with 2.3.5 gingerbread. Anyone have that?

You can get the stock images from htcdev dot com.
You will need to create an account but it's free. Also, is your bootloader locked or unlocked?
If it is unlocked, you will need to relock it before flashing a signed stock rom.
4th October 2013, 06:16 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

13 posts
I got it back to stock AT&T 2.3.5 by pulling the img file out of the downloaded ruu. I still cant get the phone to be recognized by my computer in the bootloader screen though? So I can't get it rooted or unlocked on the htc developer site. What am I doing wrong??? Also what should I use to root it. I have tried easy ace root tool. and will not work
4th October 2013, 07:04 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 1,611

3,797 posts
More
Quote:

I got it back to stock AT&T 2.3.5 by pulling the img file out of the downloaded ruu. I still cant get the phone to be recognized by my computer in the bootloader screen though? So I can't get it rooted or unlocked on the htc developer site. What am I doing wrong??? Also what should I use to root it. I have tried easy ace root tool. and will not work

Are you using fastboot or ADB? What is the error message from the Easy Ace Root Tool?
8th October 2013, 03:36 AM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

13 posts
Ok. I don't know what I did but i got it to work. Now, what is the newest root tool that works? Also do I need s-off for roms? Not sure how to proceed??
12th October 2013, 07:29 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 22

118 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Ok. I don't know what I did but i got it to work. Now, what is the newest root tool that works? Also do I need s-off for roms? Not sure how to proceed??

Here is the link to what you need http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2169518

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread