Compatibility layer for ART

OP MGREX

29th June 2014, 04:45 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6

125 posts
With Android L already out and 5 sure to come out soon Dalvik is dead, which is a problem because all the ACLs I seen use Dalvik.

Is there one for ART? so far I found none, is it because its too complex? or its just too early?
30th June 2014, 05:07 PM   |  #2  
Flag Springfield Missouri
Thanks Meter: 116

303 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGREX

With Android L already out and 5 sure to come out soon Dalvik is dead, which is a problem because all the ACLs I seen use Dalvik.

Is there one for ART? so far I found none, is it because its too complex? or its just too early?

Dalvik has to live for the many, many, many legacy devices out there. They can't just make it disappear.

I'm sure Myriad Group is tackling the ART compatibility. They would have to be...
30th June 2014, 09:40 PM   |  #3  

80 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumoredNow

Dalvik has to live for the many, many, many legacy devices out there. They can't just make it disappear.

I'm sure Myriad Group is tackling the ART compatibility. They would have to be...

TBH I'd prefer available to end-users Dalvik to unavailable to end-users ART.
1st July 2014, 08:40 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

125 posts
Yep, not crazy about ART being "obligatory" now either, benchmarks so far don't show the promised bump in speed google has been talking about, and apps take more space due to the pre-compilation.

Afaik ART code and repos are available, what would be/is the impediment to create a CL?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread