Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,892 Members 43,018 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Compatibility layer for ART

Tip us?

MGREX
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Compatibility layer for ART

With Android L already out and 5 sure to come out soon Dalvik is dead, which is a problem because all the ACLs I seen use Dalvik.

Is there one for ART? so far I found none, is it because its too complex? or its just too early?

RumoredNow
Old
Thanks Meter 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGREX View Post
With Android L already out and 5 sure to come out soon Dalvik is dead, which is a problem because all the ACLs I seen use Dalvik.

Is there one for ART? so far I found none, is it because its too complex? or its just too early?
Dalvik has to live for the many, many, many legacy devices out there. They can't just make it disappear.

I'm sure Myriad Group is tackling the ART compatibility. They would have to be...
Nokia Lumia 1520.3 (Factory Unlocked): Windows Phone 8.1 w/ Lumia Cyan
Dell Venue 8 Pro (32GB): Windows 8.1 Desktop OS w/ Office 2013 H&S

MooNWalker
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
Dalvik has to live for the many, many, many legacy devices out there. They can't just make it disappear.

I'm sure Myriad Group is tackling the ART compatibility. They would have to be...
TBH I'd prefer available to end-users Dalvik to unavailable to end-users ART.
This message was created with 100% recycled electrons

MGREX
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Yep, not crazy about ART being "obligatory" now either, benchmarks so far don't show the promised bump in speed google has been talking about, and apps take more space due to the pre-compilation.

Afaik ART code and repos are available, what would be/is the impediment to create a CL?