Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,340 Members 43,232 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[09-02][ANNOUNCE] & [PORTING NEWS] thread for HADK release 1.0.2 EA2 revised 21 July

Tip us?

bill_klpd
Old
(Last edited by bill_klpd; 23rd July 2014 at 11:30 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
If I will have let's say an almost working port of sailfish on a phone generally, will I be able to have a working port of nemo mobile as well?? ;D

Samuelgames
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_klpd View Post
If I will have let's say an almost working port of sailfish on a phone generally, will I be able to have a working port of nemo mobile as well?? ;D
Sailfish in many ways is a layer on top of Nemo, so yes
The Following User Says Thank You to Samuelgames For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aironeous
Old
Thanks Meter 67
From http://merproject.org/logs/%23sailfi...07-26.log.html

falc0n_ hello people! i am a bit stuck, can you guys help me? 19:07
falc0n_ i am looking for documentation on how to port sailfishos to other devices but couldn't find it anywhere 19:07
*** kimmoli_sailing_ has joined #sailfishos 19:08
Eztran falc0n_: try joining #sailfishos-porters , should be more help there. 19:10
Eztran The main documentation is the HADK, available at http://releases.sailfishos.org/sfa-e...lopmentKit.pdf . 19:11
falc0n_ thank you mate, will try to see if i can do it for i9500 or not 19:11
falc0n_ wish me luck ^^ 19:11
*** kimmoli_sailing has quit IRC 19:11
Eztran SGS4? Best of luck indeed =)
------------

And from the #sailifishos-porters channel today

[04:59] <vakkov> dmt_ camera will not work for now on HADK devices. we will be soon starting a project for rewriting the camera stack
[05:00] <vakkov> so that every device can have camera support
[05:01] <vakkov> dmt so, if you can code you can join. Every pair of hands is welcome
[05:02] <zon> vakkov and beidl_, nice job on maguro, I'm looking forward to it
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aironeous For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RumoredNow
Old
Thanks Meter 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by aironeous View Post
...from the #sailifishos-porters channel today

[04:59] <vakkov> dmt_ camera will not work for now on HADK devices. we will be soon starting a project for rewriting the camera stack
[05:00] <vakkov> so that every device can have camera support
[05:01] <vakkov> dmt so, if you can code you can join. Every pair of hands is welcome
[05:02] <zon> vakkov and beidl_, nice job on maguro, I'm looking forward to it
Great good news!!!!!

I wonder, would anyone (ever) work on enabling Barometer on Mako??? I mean, even Android snubs that sensor. I'm one of the very few I can find on any forum who cares about Barometer as I'm a bit of a weather geek.
Nokia Lumia 1520.3 (Factory Unlocked): Windows Phone 8.1 w/ Lumia Cyan
Dell Venue 8 Pro (32GB): Windows 8.1 Desktop OS w/ Office 2013 H&S

aironeous
Old
(Last edited by aironeous; 31st August 2014 at 08:03 AM.)
Thanks Meter 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
Great good news!!!!!

I wonder, would anyone (ever) work on enabling Barometer on Mako??? I mean, even Android snubs that sensor. I'm one of the very few I can find on any forum who cares about Barometer as I'm a bit of a weather geek.
Reading on later in the logs it looks like they are going to take the camera work from Ubuntu phone and use it. But then later after that it is mentioned that someone named netchip is doing it directly using hal. Getting confused about who is doing what with which phone model.

Anyways just posted by Nokius https://twitter.com/Nokius/status/493465722446970880
The Following User Says Thank You to aironeous For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sledges
Old
(Last edited by sledges; 31st July 2014 at 03:44 PM.) Reason: two posts got collapsed into one post, why?
Thanks Meter 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by aironeous View Post
Reading on later in the logs it looks like they are going to take the camera work from Ubuntu phone and use it. But then later after that it is mentioned that someone named netchip is doing it directly using hal. Getting conufused about who is doing what with which phone model.
Camera implementation strategy is not yet set in stone, so confusion is normal, please bear with us :)

Could anyone help with finding a barometer on board? I believe it would be just some linuxy manifestation of a sensor under sysfs, probably could be abstracted by libhybris like other sensors?

Thanks!

---------- Post added at 03:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

Dear early adopter of Sailfish OS for Android devices,

We are happy to announce Jolla's participation in XDA:Devcon 2014 in
Manchester, 26-28 September.

Would be delighted to meet you and share the porting experience
together. We will work on making a presentation and maybe even a stand.

https://twitter.com/JollaHQ/status/494846062444965888

Today is the last day for early bird admissions for discounted price,
don't miss it! http://xda-devcon.com/

Kind regards,
Simonas Leleiva (sledges) on behalf the Sailfish OS for Everyone team
Engineer @ Jolla
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sledges For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aironeous
Old
Thanks Meter 67
I've been keeping up with the sailfishos-porters logs and the porting effort is growing fast. New guys and more devices joining.
Take a look again at https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Adaptations/libhybris
There are more devices there and they will be making it a little bit more informational in the future.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aironeous For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]