Jolla Application Development

Tip us?

tommrazek01
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 669
Arrow Jolla Application Development

Hi Developers, or anyone just interested in Sailfish,
I figured that before the mods create a Sailfish App Development thread, we could post our successes, guides and tips here. I find Sailfish a wonderful platform to develop on so far

For starters, here's the beginner's guide to Sailfish app development:
Quote:
What you need:
- Anything capable of Running code, the only OS the Sailfish IDE isn't compatible with is OS/2 and DOS
- The sailfish IDE, https://sailfishos.org/develop.html
- Virtualbox (just have it installed, the IDE will do its thing)
- Some programming knowledge is necessary, if you don't know QML, don't be too scared to dive in and learn things on the go, that's what I'm doing, you'll find Sailfish Silica (Sailfish "API") very simple and logical
If there's anything that needs to be added, tell me. Please share any ideas you come up with and especially any good beginner guides.
Cheers, everyone!
My Devices:
Google Galaxy Nexus running Purity 4.3.0 or Kitkat! (Whichever one I feel like using :P)

Did I make your day? Do you want to make mine?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tommrazek01 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Arty.
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Thank you for this thread. Eager to see good native apps.

djvita
Old
Thanks Meter 17
so i download virtualbox, then the IDE and just start coding? i know a little of qml...

tommrazek01
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 669
Quote:
Originally Posted by djvita View Post
so i download virtualbox, then the IDE and just start coding? i know a little of qml...
Yep, it's really simple and everything sets up automatically, you just fire up the IDE and code.
Cheers, everyone!
My Devices:
Google Galaxy Nexus running Purity 4.3.0 or Kitkat! (Whichever one I feel like using :P)

Did I make your day? Do you want to make mine?
The Following User Says Thank You to tommrazek01 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]