5,593,458 Members 36,497 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Jolla Phone and Google Play Store

Tip us?

djankka
Old
Thanks Meter 1
While the OS is still in beta, and fist update came yesterday, i'm very happy Jolla user. My old nexus 7 is getting dust, while Jolla has come my primary device. There is still some problems that annoys very much, like i personally cant get exchange sync to sync my contacts, while everything else works.

UI is intuitive with very good response. Camera is not so good, but this probably will improve with software, as were the case with N9. Android software "works" mostly good, but when you install enough android software, some applications comes very unstable, or wont start at all (like angry birds..)

As former N9 user, i dont anymore feel the need to go back. This is far better than N9, but navigation is not near "Nokia experience", actually its crappy at the moment.

aironeous
Old
Thanks Meter 25
^There is a software update released yesterday with some bug fixes. Have you updated yet?

Arty.
Old
Thanks Meter 23
@justdidit

what about the android game performance? is it satisfying? have you tried any games different than the ones we saw on youtube?

Quu
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by justdidit View Post
I followed instructions on how to install Google Play Store on Sailfish OS (http://jollafin.blogspot.co.at/2013/...for-jolla.html). It works great with most of apps but one problem that I'm experiencing is that I can't redownload my purchases. I can view them but they show up in the store as never purchased and when I try to buy and install them I get an error message.

Any ideas on how to resolve this issue?
https://play.google.com/store
Unknown Alien_jolla_bionic

djankka
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arty. View Post
@justdidit

what about the android game performance? is it satisfying? have you tried any games different than the ones we saw on youtube?
I have only played angry birds, and it works as good as any other device. Gesture based UI has its own challenges when gaming You can easily swipe the whole game off several times and thatsquite annoying...

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by aironeous View Post
^There is a software update released yesterday with some bug fixes. Have you updated yet?
Yes i have. Made factory reset too, but still no contacts....
The Following User Says Thank You to djankka For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]