aContact+++ Next Dialer

Ifyou have a dual SIM device and have problems with managing your two cards, you should check this dialer. … more

HTC Hima Photo Leaks Were Decoys

Reputable leaker EvLeaks confirms to us that he knows the photos of the HTC Hima circling the internet these … more

Custom Recovery For Note 3 Neo

Many forget that the Note 3 Neo is a big device and neat alternative to its expensive cousin. But it … more

The Death Of Google Play Edition

Google stopped selling the last Google Play Edition phones earlier this week.Does that mean it’s the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Porting Android to Jolla?

OP ppphone

9th March 2014, 11:36 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Would it be possible to create custom android rom to use Jolla as android phone?
9th March 2014, 11:37 AM   |  #2  
Arty.'s Avatar
Member
Flag Ankara
Thanks Meter: 24
 
62 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Probably yes.
9th March 2014, 07:18 PM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Flag Ramat - Gan
Thanks Meter: 76
 
190 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppphone

Would it be possible to create custom android rom to use Jolla as android phone?

As said probably yes , but i think its actually stupid. like why not buy an Nexus 4 \ Nexus 5 for a cheaper price and already have a native android?
A thing to think...
10th March 2014, 10:41 AM   |  #4  
jecustoms's Avatar
Member
Flag strogino
Thanks Meter: 2
 
50 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightingZ

As said probably yes , but i think its actually stupid. like why not buy an Nexus 4 \ Nexus 5 for a cheaper price and already have a native android?
A thing to think...

for instance, if you were presented jolla and you want an android experience on it
23rd March 2014, 12:20 AM   |  #5  
Vistaus's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Almere
Thanks Meter: 66
 
720 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arty.

Probably yes.

Definetly yes. The Jolla phone uses Android compatible hardware, which can be 'talked' to using Jolla's libhybris and the bootloader can be unlocked via the Recovery menu.
The Following User Says Thank You to Vistaus For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd March 2014, 01:49 AM   |  #6  
Arty.'s Avatar
Member
Flag Ankara
Thanks Meter: 24
 
62 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vistaus

Definetly yes. The Jolla phone uses Android compatible hardware, which can be 'talked' to using Jolla's libhybris and the bootloader can be unlocked via the Recovery menu.


but why would you need android on a jolla?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes