QWERTY Other Half

OP samanen

31st January 2014, 11:01 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

23 posts
First of all, I'm sorry if this forum isn't meant for hardware discussion, but I still very badly want to share something I found.. And there are other HW topics out there, am I right?

Anyways, check this out: http://vimeo.com/m/85450949

It must be a concept (at least looks like one) but it's a very cool one and it's making me think a product like this is possible and might even be in the market one day.

Anyway happy sailing everyone! Hope I didn't break any etiquette (or rules, which I did read before though). I'll keep you updated as soon as I hear anything! (And in case you find something, don't hesitate to share!)

Sent from my M353 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to samanen For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st February 2014, 06:14 PM   |  #2  
Flag bradford
Thanks Meter: 25

354 posts
I think this is the correct place to post it, you may rest assured. Also this is good news, I always did love a physical keyboard. Though I haven't got a Jolla phone; my old contract ran out too early so I got a nexus 4 instead and am avidly waiting for the port we saw to be finished.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
1st February 2014, 09:23 PM   |  #3  
Flag Gdańsk
Thanks Meter: 76

250 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by samanen

It must be a concept (at least looks like one) but it's a very cool one and it's making me think a product like this is possible and might even be in the market one day.

I've seen a qwerty other half on some blog and it was made, but it cost 100 and was hand-built. The guy had 30 to make and promised to do more if people were willing to pay. The cost (at least for me) was much too high to even think twice. Not that I can afford the Jolla itself at the moment :P

Sent from my LG-P760 using Tapatalk
3rd February 2014, 04:54 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

23 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daycrawler

I've seen a qwerty other half on some blog and it was made, but it cost 100 and was hand-built. The guy had 30 to make and promised to do more if people were willing to pay. The cost (at least for me) was much too high to even think twice. Not that I can afford the Jolla itself at the moment :P

Sent from my LG-P760 using Tapatalk

Well.. thats too much imo for a keyboard cover. Could you possibly try finding the blog post please?

3rd February 2014, 07:08 PM   |  #5  
Flag Gdańsk
Thanks Meter: 76

250 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by samanen

Well.. thats too much imo for a keyboard cover. Could you possibly try finding the blog post please?

Yeah, but for a DIY project - nice to see it happening
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=91535 - it's not the blog post, but a forum thread about which that post was, so same thing.

Oh, and I now see it's the same thing, thought it wasn't. Nevertheless - more info in the link

Edit: The second video:
http://www.jollausers.com/2014/02/vi...ideo-detailed/
Last edited by Daycrawler; 6th February 2014 at 10:31 AM.
24th February 2014, 10:30 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 24

273 posts
More
Wrong tab, wrong topic :/
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread