Karbonn A21: All Things Root thread

A21 users only, Are you satisfied with the performance of Karbonn A21?

• Yes, the dual core processor makes it snappy.

Votes: 67 60.9%
  • No, I felt cheated :(

Votes: 43 39.1%

• Total voters
Search This thread

slylenser

Mar 9, 2013
Karbonn A21 does not connect to car bluetooth, no jelly bean update

Hello

When trying to connect Karbonn A21 to car bluetooth system, the connectivity only allows for music to be streamed from phone to car audio. The cellphone can't connect with the car's bluetooth phone system because of a missing chipset in the phone - as I have been informed by Karbonn's support. The conversation with the support people by email is listed below. When trying to connect KArbonn A21 via bluetooth to car's system, I get "unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped" on the phone. I have even rooted the phone and removed unnecessary apps but to no avail.

Anil

Hello

Karbonn A21 does not connect with car bluetooth systems. Many users are facing the same problem. When Karbon A21 is connected via bluetooth to car's phone bluetooth system, the error -'unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped' comes on all Karbonn A21 phones.

Please guide how to solve this, even your service center, after phone reset & software upload, hasn't been able to solve this problem.

Anil

Dear Customer,
Thank you for contacting Karbonn Customer Care.
With reference to your query regarding connectivity with Bluetooth , we would like to inform you that it’s not handset issue , it’s compatibility concern of connectivity with car Bluetooth , which is not compatible with our device . so we can’t provide any confirmation & support regarding this .

This response is not correct. Except for Karbonn A21, same cars Bluetooth is able to connect to all other brands of phoned including Sony, Samsung and Micromax.

The issue is with software of Karbonn A21, pls see if you can provide jellybean update for A21 model.

Anil

"Dear Customer,
Thank you for contacting Karbonn Customer Care. With reference to your query regarding connectivity concern , we would like to inform you that there is no connectivity procedure with Car Bluetooth . "

Does it mean Karbonn A21 will not connect with any car's Bluetooth system?

Anil

Dear Customer,
Thank you for contacting Karbonn Customer Care.
With reference to your query regarding connectivity concern , we would like to inform you that there is no connectivity procedure with Car Bluetooth .

kirkirehani93

Nov 13, 2012
Mumbai
Got a method to root karbon a21.......its a flshable zip.....just boot into stock recovery and flash it .................violaaa......u vl b rooted......if any one interested den pm me

Sent from my A21 using xda premium

karanmirchandani96

Jun 14, 2012
mumbai
Sent from my GT-I9003 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1366569858124.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366569858124.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 137

RHavoc

Jun 19, 2011
Thank you so much for the reply. I was thinking if there is some way to play HD videos without converting
them. If conversion is unavoidable, we'd rather down convert it to its screen resolution which keeps the size small too. Coming to MX player, I've tried both h/w and s/w codecs but in h/w codecs not all formats supported, only audio plays whereas with s/w codecs there is heavy lag. I've also installed MX player codecs for arm V7 neon but still lot of sync loss and pathetic frame rates. Kindly request everyone to solve this problem so that we can play all HD videos without converting them.

Hi! I use BSPlayer for my videos. For HD videos at resolutions less than or equal to the actual screen size, I run in hardware mode. For full HD movies, larger than the actual screen size, I use software mode. And don't forget to terminate running apps that you don't really need while watching video.

HTH...

Sep 13, 2013
Hard bricked karbonn a21

My phone karbonn a21 was hard brick and in QPST Download Mode it was connected to the PC and was recognized by the drivers too and I, from QPST CONFIGURATION of QPST.2.7.374 software I added port and From eMMC SOFTWARE DOWNLOAD APP I used BP FIRMWARE extracted files in 'load xml def' and 'load patch def' and also in both search path 1,2 I used the location of BP FIRMWARE. After waiting few minutes it said download complete and phone around 4 touchpad it blinked and i disconnected the phone from PC hoping it can go in fastboot mode but it didnt power on and cant go in qpst and fastboot mode ! Now when ever i connect the phone in Pc or charger it just directly starts blinking in keypad only. And in PC when connected it says USB media connected but there is no any removeable disc connected when i looked in My computer and also in device manager there is no any sign of mobile being connected in computer ! Can Anyone help me solve this problem ? help will be really appreciated ! P.S I used BP FIRMWARE of jellybean from this forum ==> xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2330823

K@pil

May 4, 2014
Delhi
jellybean Rom(not themed) needed for A21

Karbonn A21 is a hell of a smartphone powered by a mighty Dual-core snapdragon processor which clocks at 1.2 GHz. The phone is priced at INR 10,499 and is available for around INR 500-1000 less than the MRP. The snapdragon processor ensures lagless performance of the device and is able to handle the 480x800 resolution of the device. The only drawback is the 400 MB ram that's available to the end user. The tagline for the device says: "Style meets Technolgy" and the device indeed looks stylish and gives a premium feeling. Just if this device had packed 1 GB ram, it would have been a killer combo of specs and price.

karbonn-a21-400x400-imadehgthpenfphr.jpeg

Other specs of this device include:
5 MP back camera
1.3 MP front camera
4.5 Inch capacitive screen
External Memory: Upto 32 GB
Internal Memory: 4 GB
Sales Package: Handset, Charger, Battery, warranty card, headset
RAM is being reported to be 1 GB by many websites, I would want anyone having the device to confirm that.
1800 mAH battery
5 HRs. talktime, 200 HRs. standby
Dual SIM, Dual standby

Rooting Guide (thanks jgsolo27):
Available here.

Video Reviews by iGyaan:
Unboxing of Karbonn A21
Hardware Review
Full review

Scrrenshots revealing the specs are attached below. Thanks Gagan330

xda member Eklovya had offered to compile cwm from sources. If you are rooted, pm him.

I shall keep this thread updated. Let your feedback and questions about the device pour below.

jellybean Rom(not themed) needed for A21. can we flash A21+ stock jellybean Rom to A21. is it possible???

Akcryll

May 13, 2014
Install Rom on karbon a21

I have Karbonn a21 device.
While i was flashing custom rom on my Karbonn a21 using CWM i did pasted the DarkBoid.zip ROM file in external sd card.
but before i realized this i had wiped all data,dalvik cache and formatted /system. :(
now i not able to flash any ROM to my device :( because it dont read external memory card.
Please help how can i install ROM to my device.

Akcryll

May 13, 2014
Flash ROM on karbonn a21

I have Karbonn a21 device.
While i was flashing custom rom on my Karbonn a21 using CWM i did pasted the DarkBoid.zip ROM file in external sd card.
but before i realized this i had wiped all data,dalvik cache and formatted /system. :(
now i not able to flash any ROM to my device :( because it dont read external memory card.
Please help how can i install ROM to my device.

prashant_1

Jun 18, 2014
Cannot Install a21 drivers

Hi Friends,

The required driver files are attached. Open the Zip file and save the Driver file folder and the UnlockRoot Tool in your Desktop.
Connect the phone to your PC and install the drivers.
Once the drivers are successfully installed you phone is ready to be rooted.

Now click open the UnlockRoot Tool and when it's installed (you may have to temporarily disable your antivirus) click the "ROOT" button.
It may say that your phone is already rooted, ignore and press the "ROOT" button. Wait until the process is completed and the phone is rebooted. Now you have your phone rooted. Check with "Root Explorer" or any other application you have.

Note that "Rooting" will void your Warranty and you are doing it at your own risk!!

You are most welcome to hit the Thanks Button.

Hi jgsolo27,
I am unable to install drivers of my karbonn a21 in windows 7 32 bit..
please help me installing right driver and also how to do it.
well m completely new to the world of android.
would be thankful if you help me.
please.

Reactions: Najir.ali

itsnitins

Aug 22, 2015
chandigarh
Hd video for Your mobile

No dear there is no way to play the HD videos over your mobile above the recommended resolution. The ram of your phone is not enough to support it and hence it cant play the videos u want to see.

Guys I'm really seeking answer to this question. Is anyone able to play HD videos on this mobile? I've tried the MX player with arm v7 codecs and the mobo player but all HD videos above and including 1080x540 resolution are lagging heavily.

I'll be grateful for an answer since the max resolution which its playing without any lag is 960x540 which is screen resolution.

Is there any way to play HD videos on this?

---------- Post added at 08:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 AM ----------

:good:Follow the procedures so that you can easily root the phone.
1. Download the kingroot user from playstore.
2.Install the app.
3.Tap on the kingroot icon and open it.
4.Tap on the start root button to start the process
5.Now the kingroot will start rooting the process.
6.Within a minute or two you will see a big tick which symbolize that your phone is rooted.
7.Now reboot or restart your device.
8.Enjoy.

This process is also helpful in rooting devices like karbonn A91, A11 , A11*,A19,A7

sunday4fun

Jun 21, 2015
Realme 7
Simple method to root your karbonn A21.... just install a app named framaroot...click on the provided buttons on app...one of them root your phone...reboot...done

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 PM ----------

who wants to install another rom on your karbonn A21...i suggest them not to do it....coz...the stock rom is best for this phone....here the link of a upgraded stock rom for improved performance http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2071844

---------- Post added at 05:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

yo need to have cwm recovery to install above rom...if you dont have cwm recovery.. you can install it by steps provided in another xda Forums

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Driver files ahd Root Tool!!

The phone is needs more RAM..
    My camera, browser, video-player crashes often..

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 PM ----------

I am interested, Friend. :)

Hey Jgsolo27, it would be really helpful if you can provide the guide to root it...also, I am unable to find the drivers for this phone..plz provide the details from where you have downloaded those..

Hi there
    Everyone here is waiting for a reply from you. Please post the method you used to root your phone. That will help many a people here.

Hi Friends,

The required driver files are attached. Open the Zip file and save the Driver file folder and the UnlockRoot Tool in your Desktop.
    Connect the phone to your PC and install the drivers.
    Once the drivers are successfully installed you phone is ready to be rooted.

Now click open the UnlockRoot Tool and when it's installed (you may have to temporarily disable your antivirus) click the "ROOT" button.
    It may say that your phone is already rooted, ignore and press the "ROOT" button. Wait until the process is completed and the phone is rebooted. Now you have your phone rooted. Check with "Root Explorer" or any other application you have.

Note that "Rooting" will void your Warranty and you are doing it at your own risk!!

You are most welcome to hit the Thanks Button.
    Karbonn A21 is a hell of a smartphone powered by a mighty Dual-core snapdragon processor which clocks at 1.2 GHz. The phone is priced at INR 10,499 and is available for around INR 500-1000 less than the MRP. The snapdragon processor ensures lagless performance of the device and is able to handle the 480x800 resolution of the device. The only drawback is the 400 MB ram that's available to the end user. The tagline for the device says: "Style meets Technolgy" and the device indeed looks stylish and gives a premium feeling. Just if this device had packed 1 GB ram, it would have been a killer combo of specs and price.

karbonn-a21-400x400-imadehgthpenfphr.jpeg

Other specs of this device include:
    5 MP back camera
    1.3 MP front camera
    4.5 Inch capacitive screen
    External Memory: Upto 32 GB
    Internal Memory: 4 GB
    Sales Package: Handset, Charger, Battery, warranty card, headset
    RAM is being reported to be 1 GB by many websites, I would want anyone having the device to confirm that.
    1800 mAH battery
    5 HRs. talktime, 200 HRs. standby
    Dual SIM, Dual standby

Rooting Guide (thanks jgsolo27):
    Available here.

Video Reviews by iGyaan:
    Unboxing of Karbonn A21
    Hardware Review
    Full review

Scrrenshots revealing the specs are attached below. Thanks Gagan330

xda member Eklovya had offered to compile cwm from sources. If you are rooted, pm him.

I shall keep this thread updated. Let your feedback and questions about the device pour below.
    Guyz!
    I was thinking of compiling a CWM recovery for your model!
    If anyone has rooted his phone can pm me.
    I will try to compile one from sources :):good:

Did someone contact you till now? Updated it on op to give you some exposure :p
    Phone Rooted!!

Dear Friends,

Today I successfully rooted my phone. Will let you all, who are interested, to know the procedure and upload the driver files and unlock root tool.

Credits to my son "itzmiandy" of Phandroid Forum, who guided me. :good:
    CWM Recovery!

Guyz!
    I was thinking of compiling a CWM recovery for your model!
    If anyone has rooted his phone can pm me.
    I will try to compile one from sources :):good: