Root and Install CWM Recovery on Karbonn Titanium S9
Now it is possible to root and install CWM recovery on Karbonn Titanium S9. As rooting procedure is already shown in another thread, I will not write more about it.
Here's the link to the previous thread about rooting Karbonn Titanium S9,
After rooting lets install CWM Recovery
1. First extract boot.img
from your stock ROM. If you do not know how to do that, download it from attachments provided below.
2. Enable USB debugging from Settings>Developer Options
on your phone.
3. Download MTKDroid Tools from attachments provided below and extract it on your PC.
4. Connect your phone and launch application by double clicking on MTKDroidTools.exe file. A terminal will be opened up as below and your phone will be automatically detected by MTKDroidTools. If not, check USB drivers are installed properly or not.
5. Go to ‘root, backup, recovery’ section (2nd Tab).
6. Click on “To choose the boot.img file” and choose previously downloaded boot.img file.
7. A popup window will be opened up saying “To make CWM Recovery automatically”. Just click ‘Yes’. ‘Task is complete’ message will be shown right hand side of the terminal. Your phone’s CWM recovery image has been created successfully.
8. Open MTKdroidTools folder. You will see a new folder named ‘Recovery’ has been created inside it containing two files. Copy the file having term ‘Recovery’ in its name and paste it in the root of your phone SD storage. Do not keep it inside any folder.
9. Disconnect the phone from PC. Download and Install Mobileuncle MTK
Tools from Google Play Store. Open MobileUncle app and click on ‘Recovery Update’ option.
10. You will see the recovery file you have pasted in the root of SD card is listed here. Just click on it and click ‘OK’. Now, choose ‘Reboot in to recovery’. Your phone will be booted in new CWM Recovery mode.
You have successfully rooted and installed CWM Recovery on your Karbonn Titanium S9.
Disclaimer : Flashing your phone always has risks if not done properly. I shall not be responsible for any damage. Do at your your own risk.