Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Root and Install CWM Recovery on Karbonn Titanium S9

OP Biswajit Nath

22nd August 2014, 01:31 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Bonagigaon
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hey Guys,
Now it is possible to root and install CWM recovery on Karbonn Titanium S9. As rooting procedure is already shown in another thread, I will not write more about it.
Here's the link to the previous thread about rooting Karbonn Titanium S9,
CLICK HERE

After rooting lets install CWM Recovery on it.

1. First extract boot.img from your stock ROM. If you do not know how to do that, download it from attachments provided below.
2. Enable USB debugging from Settings>Developer Options on your phone.
3. Download MTKDroid Tools from attachments provided below and extract it on your PC.
4. Connect your phone and launch application by double clicking on MTKDroidTools.exe file. A terminal will be opened up as below and your phone will be automatically detected by MTKDroidTools. If not, check USB drivers are installed properly or not.

MTKDroidTools Karbonn S9

5. Go to ‘root, backup, recovery’ section (2nd Tab).
6. Click on “To choose the boot.img file” and choose previously downloaded boot.img file.

MTKDroidTools Select Boot Image

7. A popup window will be opened up saying “To make CWM Recovery automatically”. Just click ‘Yes’. ‘Task is complete’ message will be shown right hand side of the terminal. Your phone’s CWM recovery image has been created successfully.
8. Open MTKdroidTools folder. You will see a new folder named ‘Recovery’ has been created inside it containing two files. Copy the file having term ‘Recovery’ in its name and paste it in the root of your phone SD storage. Do not keep it inside any folder.
9. Disconnect the phone from PC. Download and Install Mobileuncle MTK Tools from Google Play Store. Open MobileUncle app and click on ‘Recovery Update’ option.

MobileUncle Recovery Update

10. You will see the recovery file you have pasted in the root of SD card is listed here. Just click on it and click ‘OK’. Now, choose ‘Reboot in to recovery’. Your phone will be booted in new CWM Recovery mode.

MobileUncle Select Recovey File

You have successfully rooted and installed CWM Recovery on your Karbonn Titanium S9.

Disclaimer : Flashing your phone always has risks if not done properly. I shall not be responsible for any damage. Do at your your own risk.
Attached Files
File Type: img boot.img - [Click for QR Code] (6.00 MB, 51 views)
File Type: zip MtkDroidTools v2.5.3.zip - [Click for QR Code] (10.58 MB, 114 views)
25th September 2014, 05:09 PM   |  #2  

1 posts
Angry facing problem in conecting devide
i have downloaded MTKDroid Tools when i'm extracting it and running the app it not finding my device its apeearing empty i reconnected the device.
1st October 2014, 08:41 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

1 posts
Introduce some latest Custom Android versions for Karbon Titanium S9.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpak546@gmail.com

i have downloaded MTKDroid Tools when i'm extracting it and running the app it not finding my device its apeearing empty i reconnected the device.

is there a way we can have some custom versions available here...did not find any...appreciate if some one can help...thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to md.idrees.ali@gmail.com For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th October 2014, 10:30 PM   |  #4  

2 posts
dearerrrr
Quote:

go facebook search /karboontitaniums9 and join if u need full rom rot recovery of
karboontitaniums9
join d group if u need help
25th October 2014, 08:04 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Bonagigaon

4 posts
Donate to Me
More
Arrow Check USB Drivers
Quote:

Make sure that USB drivers are installed properly or not. If you do not have drivers, search in Google for 'karbonn s9 root technowrapper'. Click on the search result 'How to Root and Install CWM Recovery on Karbonn Titanium S9'. Download driver from second step of Rooting Method 1.
5th November 2014, 05:45 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 1

2 posts
Thumbs up
Downloaded miui rom and flashed....working fine but few bugs.....
fRONT CAM NOT WORKING ......
need help

---------- Post added at 04:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 AM ----------

Thanks so much for Root and Install CWM Recovery on Karbonn Titanium S9......Helped me a lot.....looking forward for more threds

Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread