FORUMS

Which Lockscreen Security Type Do You Use?

From pattern locks to the controversial face unlock, there are a number of different ways you … more

Xposed 3.0 Alpha 3 Released

A new alpha for the Xposed framework is out and brings several bug fixes. You’ll only need to flash … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 18 – 25)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Custom ROMs vs. Modular Tweaks

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] 7.4.9 root

1st September 2014, 11:44 AM |#1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
hi, i dont know i ive completely missed something, ive been looking for hours and different sites are saying different things and other sites i dont understand, is it possible to root kfhd 7.4.9 version

thankyou
 
 
1st September 2014, 01:15 PM |#2  
SafinWasi's Avatar
Senior Member
Unknown
Thanks Meter: 354
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda30001

hi, i dont know i ive completely missed something, ive been looking for hours and different sites are saying different things and other sites i dont understand, is it possible to root kfhd 7.4.9 version

thankyou

I would suggest you to downgrade the OS to an older version because version 7.4.9 has its system partition shrunk,so the root exploit doesn't work.
1st September 2014, 01:20 PM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
thankyou
1st September 2014, 11:23 PM |#4  
It is possible to root 7.4.9. There are also Kfhd images on the forums that are pre-rooted.
2nd September 2014, 04:38 AM |#5  
Rushead's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag L.A., CA
Thanks Meter: 954
 
More
I rooted 7.4.9 with Root Many Android. I didn't flash bootloaders or roms or anything, but root worked.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rushead For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd September 2014, 09:37 AM |#6  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
thanks for the help, noob question tho im not sure what you mean by images that are pre rooted
3rd September 2014, 02:15 PM |#7  
Rushead's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag L.A., CA
Thanks Meter: 954
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda30001

thanks for the help,

There's a button for that [emoji6]

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda30001

noob question tho im not sure what you mean by images that are pre rooted

You can download a drive image that is already rooted. Imagine someone roots the device & then makes a copy of the entire drive.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rushead For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th September 2014, 11:14 PM |#8  
Member
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushead

I rooted 7.4.9 with Root Many Android. I didn't flash bootloaders or roms or anything, but root worked.

You mean the Bin4ry script, right? But which option? He doesn't explicitly support the Kindle Fire HD running 7.4.9.

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by permutations

You mean the Bin4ry script, right? But which option? He doesn't explicitly support the Kindle Fire HD running 7.4.9.

Thanks.

I found it. Option 3 of Bin4ry (New Standard-Root - Ariel Berkman) roots Kindle Fire HD running 7.4.9.
15th September 2014, 03:34 AM |#9  
LinearEquation's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Midwest
Thanks Meter: 430
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by permutations

You mean the Bin4ry script, right? But which option? He doesn't explicitly support the Kindle Fire HD running 7.4.9.

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------



I found it. Option 3 of Bin4ry (New Standard-Root - Ariel Berkman) roots Kindle Fire HD running 7.4.9.

Bin4ry is the *root many Android* tool. It's the same process that's rooted the Kindle for some time although I didn't know it did 7.9 but it won't hurt to try. If it fails you won't hurt your tablet.
22nd September 2014, 03:26 AM |#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinearEquation

Bin4ry is the *root many Android* tool. It's the same process that's rooted the Kindle for some time although I didn't know it did 7.9 but it won't hurt to try. If it fails you won't hurt your tablet.

how can i downgrade from 7.4.9 to 7.48 or lower? Or even flash the prerooted factory img?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes