Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,562 Members 53,903 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bootloop - Need To Double Check A Couple Of Things

Tip us?

Dude360
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 896

DONATE TO ME
Default Bootloop - Need To Double Check A Couple Of Things

Hey all.

A friend asked me to take a look at her Kindle and I wanted to double check a couple of things before I start hammering away.

Its currently stuck in a bootloop:

On power on it displays a battery logo with 1/8th of it red. The logo bootanimation appears for a few minutes before a beep/sound/noise before rebooting back to the battery screen.

Theres no response from Windows when connected to USB.

Could a faulty/dead battery cause this or is this fixable with a FB cable and a restore?

Shes already spoke to a guy at Amazon who did all but spit on her as she is just out of warranty (she was really upset at they way he spoke to her) but did offer her the new 32gb 7" HDX for 87 rather than 229.

Is it worth me having a blast at getting it up and running again?
Im trying to get back, I am, I promise...

Ph0enix_216
Old
Thanks Meter 89
It sound to me like all you need to do is leave it plugged in to power overnight (they take a while to charge). If that doesn't work, have at it.

>>>Sent from my homebuilt TARDIS running Android 4.4... or maybe it's a Kindle Fire HD running Cyanogenmod 11<<<

Phone: ZTE Valet Z665C
ROM: Stock
Kernel: 3.4.0-perf zte-kernel@Zdroid-SMT
Android Version: 4.1.1
Recovery: Stock
----------------------------------------------------------
Tablet: Amazon 7" Kindle Fire HD
ROM: CyanogenMod 11
Kernel: Fastcharge!
Android Version: 4.4

Recovery: PhilZ Touch CWM Advanced Edition

Dude360
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 896

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph0enix_216 View Post
It sound to me like all you need to do is leave it plugged in to power overnight (they take a while to charge). If that doesn't work, have at it.

>>>Sent from my homebuilt TARDIS running Android 4.4... or maybe it's a Kindle Fire HD running Cyanogenmod 11<<<
I think thats how she noticed the bootlooping. The battery was dead (from normal usage) and she'd left it on charge overnight and woke up to it like that.

Im just being overly cautious as its not my unit. I dont want to compromise it and have Amazon decline if she does return it and takes the 'upgrade' due to tampering.
Im trying to get back, I am, I promise...

Ph0enix_216
Old
Thanks Meter 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude360 View Post
I think thats how she noticed the bootlooping. The battery was dead (from normal usage) and she'd left it on charge overnight and woke up to it like that.

Im just being overly cautious as its not my unit. I dont want to compromise it and have Amazon decline if she does return it and takes the 'upgrade' due to tampering.
Some "upgrade." You may as well just go ahead and break out the fastboot cable and go nuts with the restore. There's a tool for it in the development section, but be warned - it's a 1 GB+ download, so be sure to have something to do while you wait for the download :P

After that, I would go here so that you can install a second bootloader and install TWRP. Then once you have a working system, go ahead and create a "stock" restore point your friend can fall back on should something else happen.

Phone: ZTE Valet Z665C
ROM: Stock
Kernel: 3.4.0-perf zte-kernel@Zdroid-SMT
Android Version: 4.1.1
Recovery: Stock
----------------------------------------------------------
Tablet: Amazon 7" Kindle Fire HD
ROM: CyanogenMod 11
Kernel: Fastcharge!
Android Version: 4.4

Recovery: PhilZ Touch CWM Advanced Edition