[Q] 2nd Generation 7" HD problems

3rd September 2014, 02:08 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

44 posts
I bought a Kindle Fire HD (2013) because it is supposed to be safer to root than the HDX. My HDX rooted fine with TowelRoot and I have Google Play, etc., installed. My plan was to root the HD and install KitKat. I made the mistake of updating the OS (so that it would not update after I had rooted) and TowelRoot won't work on this device. System version is 11.3.2.5_user_325001620 Build date 8/5/14.

I have a fastboot cable and it works.

I do have access to a PC, but it is a media center and awkward to use. I've seen a lot of videos that seem to refer to the older version of the HD.

Can someone help get started in the right direction on rooting and installing TWRP, etc.

(This is what Amazon still sells as the Kindle Fire HD, Most of this forum seems to be about the older version.)

Thanks!!
Last edited by okayokayokay; 3rd September 2014 at 04:13 AM. Reason: confused as Hell
11th September 2014, 01:00 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

12 posts
More
Look at this thread. If your PC doesn't correctly detect your Kindle in fastboot mode, try installing PdaNet drivers. Also, make a backup- it saved me when I accidentally bricked the Kindle later (not as part of this guide).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread