Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Hide my device type from apps?

OP technoeve

24th August 2014, 03:18 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
i rooted my kindle, and so most games i download work now. But all Voltage Inc. games wont. They all pop up a web page saying they know I'm on a kindle. I've fixed it so they cant see my kindle is rooted and my id is shown as a fake one, but it still catches im on a kindle.
Is there a way to hide or change it so my Kindle just shows up as an Android phone to apps?
Would some terminal emulator code work for that?
Also, i cant for the life of me get my background and lock screen to change.
I'm using ADW launcher and tried themes for it but no difference.

I got my kindle as a present awhile back from someone who said they got it from a pawn shop (lol) so i don't know if that makes a difference. Its a second generation one, i figured that out when i was trying to mess with the ADB for ways to change the background... anddd at some point with my messing with it, its decided not to let me pull the notification bar down anymore and when i turn it horizontal the screen is black like ADW doesn't readjust.

Please help i know i should be happy with how far I've gotten but its too much fun to try and mess with it, you know? Modding is a little addictive.
don't be too harsh on me if you think i deserve criticism for my noobness.
24th August 2014, 09:02 AM   |  #2  
Unknown
Thanks Meter: 316

551 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by technoeve

i rooted my kindle, and so most games i download work now. But all Voltage Inc. games wont. They all pop up a web page saying they know I'm on a kindle. I've fixed it so they cant see my kindle is rooted and my id is shown as a fake one, but it still catches im on a kindle.
Is there a way to hide or change it so my Kindle just shows up as an Android phone to apps?
Would some terminal emulator code work for that?
Also, i cant for the life of me get my background and lock screen to change.
I'm using ADW launcher and tried themes for it but no difference.

I got my kindle as a present awhile back from someone who said they got it from a pawn shop (lol) so i don't know if that makes a difference. Its a second generation one, i figured that out when i was trying to mess with the ADB for ways to change the background... anddd at some point with my messing with it, its decided not to let me pull the notification bar down anymore and when i turn it horizontal the screen is black like ADW doesn't readjust.

Please help i know i should be happy with how far I've gotten but its too much fun to try and mess with it, you know? Modding is a little addictive.
don't be too harsh on me if you think i deserve criticism for my noobness.

First off,no one gets harsh for noobness here. We all help each other.
And now about your question. I would suggest flashing a custom ROM like CM instead of Amazon OS. But if you want to keep it stock rooted,try editing the build prop.
The Following User Says Thank You to SafinWasi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th August 2014, 01:48 AM   |  #3  
Flag /system/xbin/su
Thanks Meter: 97

435 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafinWasi

First off,no one gets harsh for noobness here. We all help each other.

You sir, deserve a cookie

And to the OP, I remember a while back that there was an app for KFHD users that would allow us to change a setting temporarily to get different Play Store apps to work with our devices. I'll scrounge around and see if I can find it.
26th August 2014, 02:37 AM   |  #4  
Unknown
Thanks Meter: 316

551 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph0enix_216

You sir, deserve a cookie

And to the OP, I remember a while back that there was an app for KFHD users that would allow us to change a setting temporarily to get different Play Store apps to work with our devices. I'll scrounge around and see if I can find it.

Thanks mate 😁
And yeah,it's called market helper

Sent from my device running CyanogenMod 11
26th August 2014, 07:00 PM   |  #5  
Flag /system/xbin/su
Thanks Meter: 97

435 posts
More
Found it, here's the link:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2146216
27th August 2014, 05:28 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 11

46 posts
Hi there, easiest way is to change your build prop. This requires root and you don't need to flash roms etc but I recommend this if you want the "full" android experience. Ask me how to change build prop first if you are interested. If you change the build prop you can spoof your apps into thinking that your device is a different device. However it is quite safe ONLY IF YOU DO IT CORRECTLY. hope this helps!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread