Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Kindle Fire HD 7 (Tate) bricked beyond my wildest dreams!!

OP The Prambler

4th September 2014, 01:17 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

23 posts
Hey all,

I am in quite a conundrum. My Kindle Fire HD 7" tate device is bricked. Let me explain what I have done so far...

1. I first installed TWRP using the standard and I was planning to install CM 11 on it
2. I accidentally deleted the CM 11 rom files while doing a wipe on TWRP
3. Tried side-loading the rom but somehow ADB sideload didn't work and the device was not being recognized and sideload would hang for hang (tried waiting as long as 1 hour)
4. Then I tried to reinstall FireOS using the KFDH System.img Restore tool from the forums here and managed to somehow uninstall TWRP and get it into a infinite logo loop
5. So tried using various methods to reinstall either TWRP or FireOS and after some 3-4 different utilities that I found on the forums here, I finally tried Kindle Fire Utilitiy 0.9.9 to unbrick it. Tried changing the bootmode to recovery (5000) and have managed to brick it for good.

We are now in the present day (after step #5). As soon as I turn on the Kindle, it shows KF orange logo and then switches to Fastboot mode even though the Factory USB cable is not plugged in. Once I plug it in, it goes into infinite loop with screen going off and windows giving me a constant USB plug-in and un-plug sound. The device is being detected as OMAP 4440 (or 4400?) and I am unable to do anything at all. Have I gone to no-man's land? Or can I still salvage the kindle?

Looking for some help... Any help
4th September 2014, 03:31 PM   |  #2  
Flag L.A., CA
Thanks Meter: 841

1,786 posts
More
You should plug in the fb cable with the Kindle powered off. See if that gives you a stable fb state wherein you can push your files via adb.
6th September 2014, 06:37 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

23 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushead

You should plug in the fb cable with the Kindle powered off. See if that gives you a stable fb state wherein you can push your files via adb.

Hey when I plug it in to the fb cable it boots up into the orange and white kindle fire logo and goes into fastboot and then starts re-loading in windows. After plugging in, if I shutdown the device by pressing power button for 15 seconds, the re-loading in windows stops but after than adb doesn't recognise the device - says error no device
6th September 2014, 07:05 AM   |  #4  
Flag L.A., CA
Thanks Meter: 841

1,786 posts
More
"reloading in windows"? What do you mean? It should be powered down when you plug it in, then when it boots into fb mode, you're ready to adb.
7th September 2014, 12:18 AM   |  #5  
Flag Midwest
Thanks Meter: 425

1,746 posts
Donate to Me
OMAP 4400 is a hard brick. You flashed KFU and now the bootloader is screwed. You will need to look up how to flash the emmc on here.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
kfhd 7, kfhd brick, kindle brick
Previous Thread Next Thread