Unofficial Android 4.4 Lands on Three Mediatek Devices

For the last few years, devices with MTK systems-on-chip haven’t received much … more

MultiImagePicker Library for Multiple Image Selection

App developmentcan be done in more than a handful of ways. You can write every single … more

Shoot Troubles, Not Users w/ Alex Boag-Munroe – XDA:DevCon 2014

In presenting the various sessions from XDA:DevCon 2014, weve mainly … more

Oppo Releases ColorOS for the Find 5… Poorly

Almost every OEM has taken the liberty of creating its own incarnation of the Android OS. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Kindle Fire HD 7 Wont be discovered by PC

OP AidenOwns

6th July 2014, 12:28 AM   |  #31  
OP Junior Member
Flag Oshawa
Thanks Meter: 0

23 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinearEquation

Nope, this is "user error" at this point. You have to set up the drivers the same as on Windows 8. Also disable Windows driver security enforcement. Do this with option B as it will work better in my opinion. Follow the tutorials I have listed.

You have no OS so the tablet won't be recognized like normal unless you manually install the drivers. You will know the drivers are installed properly when you're in fastboot and typing "fastboot -i 0x1949 getvar product" and you see product: Tate.

Trust me when I say that, something major not happening, your tablet should absolutely be recoverable.

Edit: Forget about ADB until your tablet is restored. You have no ADB at the moment, only fastboot.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running Paranoid Android 4.4.4 using XDA premium 4 mobile app

So is it the same driver or different ones?????? Please give me like a full tutorial too Im not good and thanks for letting me know it can be fixed as i was in panic... I do know some stuff though as I have a Moto G on CM 11 and the Thing you told me to disable is disabled! is there something else im missing on that?
Last edited by AidenOwns; 6th July 2014 at 12:31 AM.
6th July 2014, 12:37 AM   |  #32  
Flag Midwest
Thanks Meter: 425

1,748 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by AidenOwns

So is it the same driver or different ones?????? Please give me like a full tutorial too Im not good and thanks for letting me know it can be fixed as i was in panic... I do know some stuff though as I have a Moto G on CM 11 and the Thing you told me to disable is disabled! is there something else im missing on that?

Disable Windows driver security enforcement http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...e-manager.html Use these drivers http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...06&postcount=9

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running Paranoid Android 4.4.4 using XDA premium 4 mobile app
6th July 2014, 12:39 AM   |  #33  
OP Junior Member
Flag Oshawa

23 posts
More
Quote:

Disable Windows driver security enforcement http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...e-manager.html Use these drivers http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...06&postcount=9

Thanks but what am I supposed to update since the adb one isent there?

the yellow triangle one?
6th July 2014, 12:43 AM   |  #34  
Flag Midwest

1,748 posts
Donate to Me
Deleted

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 PM ----------

Quote:

Windows Security Enforcement is disabled... And I did everything you said there in the pictures attached look at them

This is from your Windows 8 screenshot. Thought you were on Windows 7?

A.*
1. Reboot and on start up press F8 a couple times.
2. Scroll down to "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement."*
Note: This must be done on every bootup you want to install something not MS signed.*

B. For a more permanent solution.*

1. First go and uninstall the driver (delete driver) you want to replace and then restart your computer.*
2. Now go to the start menu and type cmd.
3. Right click on "cmd" and open a command prompt with elevated privileges (run as administrator.)
4. Now copy these in the command prompt one at a time hitting enter after each one.
bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON
bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
4. Now install the driver you want.
5. Restart the computer.
6. Profit.

Note: If you do this right, you will see "Test Mode Windows 7 Build 7601" (or something comparable) in the lower right corner of your screen. This means that drivers not signed by MS can be installed without getting the Windows has installed the best driver already bit.*

If you opt to take your computer out of test mode, the drivers will more than likely be replaced by MS drivers next time. Follow steps 1,2 and 3 in part B of tutorial copy these commands in the command prompt one at a time hitting enter after each one.

bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions ENABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS*
bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING OFF

6th July 2014, 12:46 AM   |  #35  
OP Junior Member
Flag Oshawa

23 posts
More
Quote:

Deleted

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 PM ----------

This is from your Windows 8 screenshot. Thought you were on Windows 7?

A.*
1. Reboot and on start up press F8 a couple times.
2. Scroll down to "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement."*
Note: This must be done on every bootup you want to install something not MS signed.*

B. For a more permanent solution.*

1. First go and uninstall the driver (delete driver) you want to replace and then restart your computer.*
2. Now go to the start menu and type cmd.
3. Right click on "cmd" and open a command prompt with elevated privileges (run as administrator.)
4. Now copy these in the command prompt one at a time hitting enter after each one.
bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON
bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
4. Now install the driver you want.
5. Restart the computer.
6. Profit.

Note: If you do this right, you will see "Test Mode Windows 7 Build 7601" (or something comparable) in the lower right corner of your screen. This means that drivers not signed by MS can be installed without getting the Windows has installed the best driver already bit.*

If you opt to take your computer out of test mode, the drivers will more than likely be replaced by MS drivers next time. Follow steps 1,2 and 3 in part B of tutorial copy these commands in the command prompt one at a time hitting enter after each one.

bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions ENABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS*
bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING OFF

Im on windows 8.1 .. Will that still work tho?
6th July 2014, 01:03 AM   |  #36  
Flag Midwest

1,748 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:

Im on windows 8.1 .. Will that still work tho?

You said you were moving to a Windows 7 computer now. I've wrote all I can. Read and get it done.

6th July 2014, 02:00 AM   |  #37  
OP Junior Member
Flag Oshawa

23 posts
More
Quote:

You said you were moving to a Windows 7 computer now. I've wrote all I can. Read and get it done.

The thing is broken I re followed everything on my windows 7 pc and There is not even a yellow triangle...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread